Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

World Reader
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46097
Page 607 of 718

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

ffs
> Yeah timeskip.
While we've got the chance, try Observing as we're lying in bed and seeing if we can keep looking around while asleep. Rafflesia yoinked our consciousness, but not sure if we can do that without compromising our rest.

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
ffs
> Yeah timeskip.
While we've got the chance, try Observing as we're lying in bed and seeing if we can keep looking around while asleep. Rafflesia yoinked our consciousness, but not sure if we can do that without compromising our rest.


~

Back in your room, you turned off the lights and flop into bed. Closing your eyes and relaxing, you activate Observer and see if you can hold it open as you fall asleep.


~


You open your eyes, seeing the darkness of your room.

Whoops, you fell asleep. You might need a little more practice at that.


[Walk around a bit]
[Sleep]
[Other]
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

> Eh tbh I probably shouldn't try to push it. I'm like 90% sure Observer is seeing with my brain, not my spirit. Don't wanna ruin my sleep.
...well I'm awake now, let's walk a bit quietly. Pocket Aphelia too for just in case. Never know when you could need a witch core.

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Eh tbh I probably shouldn't try to push it. I'm like 90% sure Observer is seeing with my brain, not my spirit. Don't wanna ruin my sleep.
...well I'm awake now, let's walk a bit quietly. Pocket Aphelia too for just in case. Never know when you could need a witch core.


Swinging out of bed, you pocket Aphelia's core and leave your room.

Your side of the condo is dark and quiet, everyone probably sleeping in their rooms, so you wander over to Bezel's side.

Light from the lower level faintly spills upstairs, and you quietly walk down and into the living room.

Violet is on the couch where you last saw her, but laying in the opposite direction from what you remembered. Evelyn is silently kneeling at the coffee table, looking at the sheets of paper that cover it.
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Still up?"

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Still up?"


Evelyn jumps and hits the table with her knees, yelping at the same time.

She slowly turns to look at you, looking fairly embarrassed.

Evelyn: "Yes."

Violet's eyes open, appearing rather sleepy, and sluggishly pushes herself up into a sitting position. Pulling off her glasses, she silently works on wiping the smudges off with her shirt.
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  Areku [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

>Small wave, apologetic smile.

”Don’t mind us. Just a bit of, birdlag, is all.”

>Look at papers. What was evelyn reading about?

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

Areku wrote:
>Small wave, apologetic smile.

”Don’t mind us. Just a bit of, birdlag, is all.”

>Look at papers. What was evelyn reading about?


You walk up to the table and kneel down beside Evelyn, looking at the papers.

Many pages are just handwritten notes that you can't really understand, while others are info sheets of something or other, each with a wide rectangular section filled with a random series of vertical lines.

Glancing up, you see Violet glaring at you. Or maybe she's just tired, hard to tell.
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  Areku [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

>Let us not be hasty to judge. Just give Violet a neutral, innocent smile and hope to defuse the situation that way.


"This looks... Complex. Anything I can help with?"

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

Areku wrote:
>Let us not be hasty to judge. Just give Violet a neutral, innocent smile and hope to defuse the situation that way.


"This looks... Complex. Anything I can help with?"


Violet: "What time is it."

Tired, blunt, but not mean. Almost reminds you of when you first met Bezel.

Glancing at your watch, you see the hands marking 2:41.
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"2:40."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"2:40."


Violet: "Get me some tea."

Evelyn: "I can get that."

As Evelyn gets up and heads to the kitchen, Violet puts her glasses back on and leans over the table, squinting and reading around for a moment before she picks up a pencil and begins writing on a partially filled paper.

Violet: "Archaeologist, right?"
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"In theory. It's sorta become more like, adventurer with some archeology if I'm lucky."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"In theory. It's sorta become more like, adventurer with some archeology if I'm lucky."


Violet: "See any corruption eaters?"
7420-03-14 Thursday

Author:  Areku [ Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"More than I care to admit.

I think we might have some stored in Ingret, even."

Page 607 of 718 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/