View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625 ... 688  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Huh. That's definitely worth looking at. Wonder how long it would've taken to realize on my own.
Where'd you find that out?"

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:36 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Huh. That's definitely worth looking at. Wonder how long it would've taken to realize on my own.
Where'd you find that out?"

Bezel: "Went to the library, did some reading, talked to a few people, got told about the under-levels. Visited the place myself, didn't look like there was any public access."
7420-03-15 Friday

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. Well, it's probably not shielded. So, I'll check it out.
Thanks Bezel, barely even took you a day to find something. I can always depend on you.

Oh! Also, I realized it this morning. You can't communicate through Aphelia, but I can jump Observer to it at any time, and take control of it. You should take it with you on your, walks."

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Well, it's probably not shielded. So, I'll check it out.
Thanks Bezel, barely even took you a day to find something. I can always depend on you.

Oh! Also, I realized it this morning. You can't communicate through Aphelia, but I can jump Observer to it at any time, and take control of it. You should take it with you on your, walks."

Bezel: "Ooh, that's useful. I could write notes for you to see, though that only works if you check."
7420-03-15 Friday

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:59 am
Loose Canon

"Yeah, it'd mostly be a check in every so often, or pop in if you're gone too long.
But, still good to have. It'd save you from a situation like with the team.
I've also been considering putting equipment in her core. Storing gear for one, storing quick-droppable bigger stuff too. Like barricades or ladders."

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:01 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, it'd mostly be a check in every so often, or pop in if you're gone too long.
But, still good to have. It'd save you from a situation like with the team.
I've also been considering putting equipment in her core. Storing gear for one, storing quick-droppable bigger stuff too. Like barricades or ladders."

Bezel: "Some rations too, in case whoever has her is stuck somewhere without food or water."
7420-03-15 Friday

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:10 am
Loose Canon

"I think she might actually be self sufficient internally. There's a garden and a house, and we know witches can recycle water. Seems like it was built to allow a passenger to survive for a while. How long is up for debate.
Having some extra food in there would be good though."

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:16 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I think she might actually be self sufficient internally. There's a garden and a house, and we know witches can recycle water. Seems like it was built to allow a passenger to survive for a while. How long is up for debate.
Having some extra food in there would be good though."

Bezel: "Oh right, she is supposed to be a garden witch.

I'm gonna go eat. Do you want to visit the pillar after? Or, I guess you can just Observer around it, heh."

7420-03-15 Friday

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:35 am
Loose Canon

"Yeah, let's go. I'll start losing my mind and getting fat if all I do is lay on my bed and look around.
I can multitask it anyway."

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:56 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, let's go. I'll start losing my mind and getting fat if all I do is lay on my bed and look around.
I can multitask it anyway."

Bezel: "Heh."

~

Leaving the taxi, you and Bezel approach the Pillar on foot.

Up close and not using Observer, you can see the Pillar's exterior in its entirety.

The general architecture consists of massive white arches, each one stretching from floor to ceiling of the level it resides in, with windows and carvings filling the walls under the arch.

The main entrance is a giant set of wooden double doors with gold and silver inlay - currently closed, but the many smaller, normal-sized double doors that line the base are opened. Probably not practical to have the main big doors open at all times.

Walking in, you and Bezel step into a cavernous expanse of space.

The Pillar's Church appears to be composed of three sections -

A giant empty ring on the outside, with plenty of walking room and lined with benches...

Hundreds if not thousands of pews between the ring and the center of the Church, with a dozen or so mezzanine levels with more seats above...

And the center of the Church, with multiple podiums of different heights, ornate sculptures, and tables with artifacts and holy texts.

Bezel slowly walks through the Church, with only one or two other people here and there in the far distance of the level.

Bezel: "It's, huge."
7420-03-15 Friday

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:45 am
Loose Canon

> Gape in amazement, grin in excitement.
"This is the kind of thing the word 'awesome' was originally used for. Absolutely incredible.
I wonder if there are any other comparable buildings in the world."

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Gape in amazement, grin in excitement.
"This is the kind of thing the word 'awesome' was originally used for. Absolutely incredible.
I wonder if there are any other comparable buildings in the world."

Bezel: "No idea."

You follow Bezel as she walks around the outer ring, passing numerous stairways that lead up to the mezzanines and a handful that go all the way to the next level.

Eventually the two of you reach a curved box about as tall as a normal single-floor building, that extends out of the wall. A door is on one side, and is otherwise featureless.

Bezel: "This is apparently a staircase that goes down to the lower levels. There're a few of 'em spread around. Locks from the other side, so not really for the public."
7420-03-15 Friday

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:28 am
Loose Canon

"Subtle."
> Observe down into it while we walk.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:45 am
Profile WWW

>Alternatively sit down with Bezel on a bench for a bit, enjoy the grand vistas while relaxing for a moment.

AND OBSERVING!

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:48 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Subtle."

Areku wrote:
>Alternatively sit down with Bezel on a bench for a bit, enjoy the grand vistas while relaxing for a moment.

AND OBSERVING!

The two of you take a seat on a nearby bench and you activate Observer.

Going through the doorway, you find a staircase that descends about eight feet, a normal height for a normal building.

Like the outside ring of the Church, there's a similarly clear ring below, but the areas under the pews are instead full of hallways, bedrooms, bathrooms, studies, a cafeteria, library, multiple storage rooms, small gardens, and the like.

A good hundred or so people occupy this lower level, going about their business in no spectacular manner.
7420-03-15 Friday

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 10308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625 ... 688  Next