View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:30 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629 ... 651  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Maybe they didn't want to worry you?"


Donovan: "I don't know.

I'm, going to go look around a bit."



[Go with him]
[Explore on your own]
[Other]
7420-03-16 Saturday


Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:46 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Alright. Mind if we come? This does feel, a bit strange."


Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright. Mind if we come? This does feel, a bit strange."


Donovan: "Yeah, I don't mind."

The three of you head to the northern end of town, where a short stone wall stands as the border. The road leads through a passageway, and you find yourself surprised at the sudden change in scenery.

Clean, modern stone buildings are absent, replaced with old, weather-worn wooden structures from an older era. In several areas, entire blocks are nothing but overgrown lots with mounds of rubble.

In other areas, old charred skeletons of buildings remain, while many others are still standing, though with some level of refurbishment.

You don't see many people, and the few that are visible seem quite old, mostly watching you from behind windows or on porches.

Donovan stops in front of one of the intact houses, looking at it from the sidewalk. He opens the mailbox, where dozens of envelopes are packed inside.



Donovan: "I'm going to check inside. If you could, wait out here."
7420-03-16 Saturday


Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Of course."
> ...Observe the senders on the letters in the mailbox. Don't look inside them.


Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Of course."
> ...Observe the senders on the letters in the mailbox. Don't look inside them.


He closes the mailbox and, after briefly knocking, heads into the house.

Using Observer, you check the senders on the envelopes, and unsurprisingly, all are from Donovan.


Several minutes pass and Donovan steps out of the house.

Donovan: "No one in there."
7420-03-16 Saturday


Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Observe around the house, just look for anything terribly obvious and out of place.
"This is your friend's house?"


Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Observe around the house, just look for anything terribly obvious and out of place.
"This is your friend's house?"


Donovan: "Yeah."

You do a quick look over the house with Observer - dusty, but otherwise nothing abnormal. No knocked-over furniture or any biological remains except for a few dead mice.


Donovan begins walking around the old town again and you and Bezel follow after him. Eventually he stops at the rubble of a much larger building - burned down, but significantly less overgrown than the other areas.



Donovan: "The old Town Hall."


Bezel: "Do you think the new Town Hall would have detailed records about what happened."


Donovan: "Maybe. Worth a look, I guess."

Bezel: "I'll catch up with you in a bit, gonna walk around a bit more."

Donovan: "Alright."

He begins heading off towards New Town.


[Go with Donovan]
[Stay with Bezel]
7420-03-16 Saturday


Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:06 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Stay with Bezel.
Once we're alone,

"What the hell is going on this time."


Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
You stay with Bezel, and the two of you stay put until Donovan is out of sight and earshot.

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Stay with Bezel.
Once we're alone,

"What the hell is going on this time."



Bezel silently scans the area, while you stare at the rubble in front of you.



Hm. It, almost looks like the fire that burned down the Town Hall occurred more recently. Less overgrowth, ash piles that haven't been completely blown away or covered up.
7420-03-16 Saturday


Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Feels fresher than the others... We should definitely ask around."
> There an intact basement to this town hall?


Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Feels fresher than the others... We should definitely ask around."
> There an intact basement to this town hall?


Looking around the rubble, there doesn't appear to be a basement.


Bezel: "Not sure if we should be asking around.

A lot of the clusters of burned buildings don't make sense - lot of different clusters, instead of one general area. As if there were multiple sources of the flames, possibly intentional."

7420-03-16 Saturday


Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5088
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”What confuses me more is how he never heard about it. I can see the girl not mentioning the fire in her letters for whatever reason, but this was clearly a major incident.

How would news of it not be plastered all over the capital, even if it’s a couple of weeks away?”


Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”What confuses me more is how he never heard about it. I can see the girl not mentioning the fire in her letters for whatever reason, but this was clearly a major incident.

How would news of it not be plastered all over the capital, even if it’s a couple of weeks away?”


Bezel: "Major incident in a small, far-off town with no industry or anything seemingly important, in a country with many other, bigger towns?

I don't know how smooth Vellum's transition went from Daeli control to Kamilla, but the Daeli weren't big on public news. Megluna has had factory fires where dozens of people die, and the news rarely leaves the city."

7420-03-16 Saturday


Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:04 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hrm.

Arson then. Or, a mob maybe."


Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12065
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hrm.

Arson then. Or, a mob maybe."


Bezel: "Donovan's friend not writing about it makes me think there're suspicious circumstances around the fires, and not just wanting to avoid worrying him."
7420-03-16 Saturday


Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629 ... 651  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]