View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 1:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 10700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670 ... 714  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
”Oh. Well, that’s... Unfortunate.

Hmm. Do you think, maybe, the local Daeli manor was preserved? I know the one down in Meglunda became a museum of sorts. They’d certainly restrict public libraries, but I bet their personal collections were full of juicy info.”

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Oh. Well, that’s... Unfortunate.

Hmm. Do you think, maybe, the local Daeli manor was preserved? I know the one down in Meglunda became a museum of sorts. They’d certainly restrict public libraries, but I bet their personal collections were full of juicy info.”

Evelyn: "I don't know where any are, or how many there are in Castellum."
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 am
Loose Canon

"Mm. Might be still in use anyway, or properly shielded, or both.

Where'd you hear about Bordello? Just, asking around? Wondering if going through Sial would be an option to get to Castellum."

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Might be still in use anyway, or properly shielded, or both.

Where'd you hear about Bordello? Just, asking around? Wondering if going through Sial would be an option to get to Castellum."

Evelyn: "The area around the southern end of the Zone has a lot of territory that was taken over by Vellum, but was given back to the Gria after Kamilla took control. I figured there might be old artifacts or books that might not be in current-Vellum, and maybe a Gria-Vellum trading hub would be a good place to access them. That trading hub is Bordello.

Sial are a nation of western Gria in a strong alliance with Vallis, with the intent of forming a stronger force to counteract the Daeli, or Vellum. I don't think Sial's border would be any easier to cross than Vallis."

7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm
Loose Canon

"Sounds like Bordello will be our destination then. For artifacts and information, and to see if anyone there can help us get through Sial to Castellum."

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:07 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sounds like Bordello will be our destination then. For artifacts and information, and to see if anyone there can help us get through Sial to Castellum."

Evelyn: "If that fails, there's still the Whitehawk route, maybe. Surely they have presence in Vallis too."
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:16 am

"Hmmmm.

This is probably not the kind of thing for us to decide alone. Let's try and get everyone's opinion."

>Assemble THE TEAM for trip preparations!

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Hmmmm.

This is probably not the kind of thing for us to decide alone. Let's try and get everyone's opinion."

>Assemble THE TEAM for trip preparations!

~

The expedition team gathers in the upper-level common area, taking a seat on the chairs and couches, ready to hear the potential plan.
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:55 am
Loose Canon

"Alright.
So last we talked about plans, you guys were investigating the Garden Boat company for a lead to Rafflesia. That, didn't pan out. Neither did any of my sleuthing. I think if she doesn't want to be found, she won't be found.
On the bright side, Bezel is set up here to learn probably all the witch core knowledge humanity can provide her. So, let's return to our original goal: archaeology, and maybe some diplomacy on the side.

Considering how much we've gained from visiting Castellum II, my first thought is what can we gain from visting Castellum I. Unfortunately, the political situation makes traveling there from Vellum uhhhh, basically impossible. Flying there is also a no go, they will be much less friendly and much more proactive towards Ingret than Vellum has been. The next country over, Sial, is a Gria country tightly allied with Vallis, and don't like Vellum either.
So instead, we're going to go to Bordello, a town on east edge of Vellum bordering it and the southern Gria territories. They trade fairly often, and I figure it would be a good place to get information, possibly a way into the good graces of the Gria so we could get to Sial and thus Vallis, and if we're really lucky some artifacts from the area. Gria, Caelum, or otherwise.

My current main plan for getting to Vallis and Castellum I is apply for entry for archeological interest, mainly as an envoy from Siana. Failing that, we see if the Whitehawk can hook us up with a way in, since we did help them reconnect between continents and all.
Failing that, we try to find something creative."

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright.
So last we talked about plans, you guys were investigating the Garden Boat company for a lead to Rafflesia. That, didn't pan out. Neither did any of my sleuthing. I think if she doesn't want to be found, she won't be found.
On the bright side, Bezel is set up here to learn probably all the witch core knowledge humanity can provide her. So, let's return to our original goal: archaeology, and maybe some diplomacy on the side.

Considering how much we've gained from visiting Castellum II, my first thought is what can we gain from visting Castellum I. Unfortunately, the political situation makes traveling there from Vellum uhhhh, basically impossible. Flying there is also a no go, they will be much less friendly and much more proactive towards Ingret than Vellum has been. The next country over, Sial, is a Gria country tightly allied with Vallis, and don't like Vellum either.
So instead, we're going to go to Bordello, a town on east edge of Vellum bordering it and the southern Gria territories. They trade fairly often, and I figure it would be a good place to get information, possibly a way into the good graces of the Gria so we could get to Sial and thus Vallis, and if we're really lucky some artifacts from the area. Gria, Caelum, or otherwise.

My current main plan for getting to Vallis and Castellum I is apply for entry for archeological interest, mainly as an envoy from Siana. Failing that, we see if the Whitehawk can hook us up with a way in, since we did help them reconnect between continents and all.
Failing that, we try to find something creative."

Valerie: "I see.

Sounds like a good progression.

I assume even if we do gain entry into Sial and Vallis, flying by Ingret might be, frowned upon. Should we take the initiative to secure a reliable means of ground travel? "

7420-04-02 Tuesday

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:21 am
Loose Canon

"That'd be smart. Hoofing it isn't an option, and frankly I don't trust air travel that can't defend itself or regenerate, especially this close to the corruption zone. Even if it's a ways out, all it takes is one feisty core beast."

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That'd be smart. Hoofing it isn't an option, and frankly I don't trust air travel that can't defend itself or regenerate, especially this close to the corruption zone. Even if it's a ways out, all it takes is one feisty core beast."

Oliver: "I think all the cars here're magic-operated or somethin', they definitely don't have any exhaust. A beefy mana stone for power in an off-road truck, and it could be a good endurance vehicle for us."
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:55 am
Loose Canon

"Oh, nice, that works great then. I was going to suggest magic for if we run out of fuel, but that's even better.
Hm. Not sure if our budget can cover a truck like that though. How do you feel about automobiles, Oliver?"

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:03 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Oh, nice, that works great then. I was going to suggest magic for if we run out of fuel, but that's even better.
Hm. Not sure if our budget can cover a truck like that though. How do you feel about automobiles, Oliver?"

Oliver: "Uh, if you mean makin' 'em, that ain't really my thing. Though, didn't Bezel have someone on her team that used to work with an automobile company?"
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 am
Loose Canon

"...Ah! The big guy, I think? Yeah... Hm, kinda a big ask, but might be cheaper than trying to buy a truck up here. I think we'll have to go back home either way, either to get funds or to talk to the other team. Hmm...
Well let's go find a dealership first I suppose. No sense flying back home before we know what we're asking for. Val, Fred, either of you know anything about offroad trucks?"

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670 ... 714  Next