View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One - Roll 37
CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I uh, also heal."

Boreg: "Hrm. Solid choice.
Yer team's problem is balance. I bet ye all had a hell of a time killing a slime this big."

You all nod.
Boreg: "You've got no magic firepower. Ye did fine this time, but in the future... Could be a problem.
Healers gotta focus on healing, and one arm here's not gonna do much spell slingin. So, that means the magic firepower falls to you, boy. And since ya picked healing instead'a fireballs, we gotta use your guns.
Half a' the core will go to a bullet former. Take some empty casings, harden mana into em to form a bullet, they'll discharge into magic on impact. Reusable too. Let's ye shoot like you're used to, but deliver hits like a Mage.
For the girl, she won't ALWAYS be healin', so she should help when nobody's hurt. I got a few designs for gear that'll let ye support your teammates, either defending em or helpin to cause damage. Will have to see what the core has 'fore I know which. Probably won't be spells, but will be magical.
Big man, not sure. This core's not suited for good gear for you, 'specially with only part of it. Hmm. Magic defense booster I could do. Not fancy, but it'll get the job done."

Frederic: "That would be fine."

What do you think?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:12 am
Profile WWW

"Sounds good, we'll go for it."

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:34 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Sounds good, we'll go for it."

Boreg: "Alrighty. Now let's discuss payment. Processin' the core'll go 200dr. Piecin' together girly and boyo's items will be 75 each. 40 for big man's. 390dr, total."
Frederic: "Hm. Give us a moment."
The three of you walk away from the old man, who goes back to looking over the large core, examining its surface and occasionally chuckling to himself.

Frederic: "We made 145dr from selling slime parts. I've got 500 for various travel expenses remaining, for me and Karina. I would prefer to keep that in reserve, but I can make exceptions. Gram?"
You've saved up 100dr of your own during your time at the Adventurer's Academy.
Frederic: "So, total, we've got 745dr. If we buy all this gear, we'll have 355dr left. We also should be thinking about food and consumables, but 335 feels like enough cushion for now, as long as we don't look to make any more big purchases before we refill our wallets."
Karina: "That, sounds good?"
Frederic: "Mm, you've never done much money management of your own, have you Karina?"
Karina: "Ehehe, eh, heh..."
Nope.

Now that you think about it, you probably should stock up on other items while you're here. You just got a selection of regular bullets for your debut, but you know that the gun shops in town have a selection of more exotic special ammunition too. Elemental effects, magic, all sorts of things. Some potions would be good too, restoring mana in the field.
Well, first thing's first, you should finish your business with Boreg.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

> Back to Boreg:

"We'll go ahead with it."

> Pay up my chunk of Doctors for the expenses.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Back to Boreg:

"We'll go ahead with it."

> Pay up my chunk of Doctors for the expenses.

The three of you walk back over, and you confirm your desire to purchase. All of your 100dr in savings, the 145 from your slime slaying, and 145 from Frederic's wallet all get passed to Boreg. He nods, then heads inside the building proper. A minute later, he returns with a receipt replacing the money, and hands it over to you.
Boreg: "Hold on to that. No receipt, no getting your gear. Should be ready in... Ehhh, 3 days."

As you walk, away, Karina speaks up.
Karina: "Soo... three days. What do we do til then?"

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

"Could try to recruit more people. Our team is pretty small right now."

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Could try to recruit more people. Our team is pretty small right now."

Karina: "That sounds like a-"
Frederic: "No."
Karina: "Idea that Frederic isn't going to say yes to cause he's too worried that someone will kidnap me or throw me off an island or something cause he's a dumbhead!"
Frederic: "My priority is still your protection. If your parents hadn't been so... strangely enthusiastic about this adventurer thing, I wouldn't even allow that. But, they seem to think it will be a good life lesson for you. And that I can fully protect you."
Karina: "See! You can protect me JUST fine!"
Frederic: "Yes, by preventing close access by anyone I don't approve of."
Karina pouts, puffing her cheeks up and stomping her foot.

Karina: "You are impossible! I bet you won't let ANYONE join! To satisfy YOU they'd have to-"
Karina stops, and her face goes blank for a moment, then lights up.
Karina: "Gram! Gram Gram Gram! I need to send a letter!"
Frederic: "What? Karina, what are you planning."
Karina: "Heeee! Hee hee!"

You tell her that there's a mail office across the street and a few buildings down from the Adventurer's Guild. She giggles again and takes off down the street, Frederic sighing heavily and following after her.
Karina: "Gram! We'll meet you back at the Adventurer's Guild tomorrow! We got an inn room, don't worry about us!"
Well then. Looks like you're on your own for the rest of the day. Unless you do decide to go after them. Hm, out of money to do supplies shopping, too.

> Follow them?
> Timeskip
> Other

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:50 am
Profile WWW

> TO THE GUILD HALL

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> TO THE GUILD HALL

You decide to head back to the adventurer's guild for a bit.

On arriving, you see that the crowds have dispersed significantly. The guild never sleeps, there are always people active, especially here in Madosa where it's such a hub of adventurers, but the large number of new graduates have mostly joined up groups or gone home for the day, so navigating the guild is significantly easier now. You also note that it's just getting late in the day, with everything getting tinged orange by the setting sun. You head inside, and the situation inside is similar; fewer people, and most of the newer adventurers are gone.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

> Walk around a bit, observe the groups and their members, listen to interesting stories. Sloooowly make my way to the quest board.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Walk around a bit, observe the groups and their members, listen to interesting stories. Sloooowly make my way to the quest board.

Well it's impolite to eavesdrop, buuuut...

One group of warriors in particular seems to be enjoying a few drinks and sharing stories of their day.
Warrior 1: "Haha, ouch."
Warrior 2: "Yeah! Like chickens with their heads cut off, both of them!"
Warrior 3: "And it was just two wolves?"
Warrior 2: "Yeah. I told em, 'stick close to us, let us do the heavy lifting and you just get into into the groove of things.' And what do they do? Charge in, get bit, and freak out!"
Warrior 1: "Tch. Well that's just shameful. What're they teaching these kids at the academy nowadays?"
Warrior 3: "Apparently not how to keep your cool. Guess they're too scared to bring anyone into real fights."
...he's not wrong, you DID never see an actual fight against monsters at the academy.

Warrior 1: "So what then?"
Warrior 2: "Well, we'd only been there 20 minutes but we only went to the beast island FOR the newbies, so with them totally panicked, no reason to stay. We're gonna try again tomorrow, if we don't have them face their fear now they might develop a phobia. But hey, this time they should actually follow instructions."
Warrior 3: "Yeah. Our team started off with hitting the training grounds. Some sparring to show her how we roll. She was slackjawed the whole time, heh."
Warrior 2: "Probably should've done that with mine. But hey, I got trained in action, so I figured the newbies could too. Not like we were going for the Beast King or anything, at most just one of the lieutenants. Not that we COULDN'T beat it, just..."
Warrior 1: "You can't while protecting a wet behind the ears striker and mage."
The second warrior nods knowingly, and they all take a deep drink of their ales. Hm, beast island. Anything on there is more dangerous than slimes, but also much less obnoxious to kill.

You move on to the quest board. What sort of quests are you looking for? Materials gathering like the slimes, specific part hunting, monster extermination...

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:42 pm
Profile WWW

> More material fetching quests.

Also, check if that available-adventurer-looking-for-a-party listing or whatever is any different.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:04 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> More material fetching quests.

Also, check if that available-adventurer-looking-for-a-party listing or whatever is any different.

Well, ignoring any slime-related requests...
Hm. As far as "Always available" ones, which are probably what you want right now, there's one for materials from elementals on one of the nearby islands, the one with a permanant influx of the things. Magic stone and water, mostly. Honestly, that's sort of cargo hauling, and you'd need a special setup to haul it at all efficiently. Also, uh, you don't think it's a good idea to fight those just yet without some magic firepower.
What else... Hm, the island populated by beasts, the same one those warriors were chatting about. There's one to gather parts from the higher level wolves there. The rabble aren't very valuable, but the bigger alpha wolves and any bipedal variants start having tougher fur, fangs, and claws. It's good stuff for beginner armor. They're the sort of beasts who your group could handle pretty easily, you think. The wolves are fast, but Frederic is good at his tanking job. Certainly more threatening than the slimes. Well, ok, that big slime WAS pretty threatening, but aside from that.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:42 am
Profile WWW

CaveCricket48 wrote:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
CaveCricket48 wrote:

The available adventurers board is... empty? There were three earlier newbies, but now there's only the old-hand adventurers you'd expect there to be there.
Maybe they got lucky and got scoped out by someone else looking at the board. Or just picked up by a group normally.
Or maybe they even looked up each other and formed their own party on their own!
Regardless, they're no longer there. You're on your own for now. Though, it sounded like Karina had some idea for the "not enough people" problem.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 51  Next