View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Only a very basic spell, not enough for serious injuries like these."

> Undue the tourniquets now that the wounds are closed. Poke at the bird claws still embedded in my arm - how stuck are these?

"Drink up Leon, gotta replenish those fluids, unless if there's a blood supplement spell."

Karina: "I-I do too, but I'm out of mana..."
As you undo the tourniquets, she nods and faces you.
Woman: "That's fine. I already did the heavy lifting closing the wounds up. Even a low level spell should be able to take it from here. Good thing too, cause I'm wiped."

Karina helps Leon drink more water at your urging, and the woman shakes her head a bit.
Woman: "Only blood replenishing spell I know is soup and bedrest. Though it'd be hard on him anyway, all that blood's gotta come from somewhere and he doesn't seem like he has a lot of fat to spare.

Damn birds. They're not durable, but they can hit fast and those claws are sharp. Do a lot of damage to people before we can wipe them out."

She then notices the ones still stuck in your arm.

Woman: "Uh. Speaking of. You need to get those out."
You poke at them a bit. Still hurts. Still raw wounds despite your magic, but the claws being lodged in is minimizing the bleeding.
They're definitely stuck in your leather armguard real good, but you think you can get them out of your arm without much fuss.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

"How much mana do you have left? Probably gonna be a lot of bleeding the second they're out.

If you're low, safer to just leave them in and wait a few hours until you're ready."

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"How much mana do you have left? Probably gonna be a lot of bleeding the second they're out.

If you're low, safer to just leave them in and wait a few hours until you're ready."

Woman: "Not much. My stones are tapped out too, I had to help with everyone on the other ships already.
And no, don't leave em in for that long. If you wait to get it fixed up for too long it could get infected, and that'd be a lot worse. Let me take a look."

You present your arm and she investigates, gingerly peeking beneath the armguard where she can, and estimating based on the other birds' talons where she can't.

Woman: "Well, the fact you're not still bleeding a bunch means they went in clean and it's just punctures instead of gashes. Good.
Where magic falls short, we got medicine."

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

"Unsure if the bleeding's really stopped, or just temporarily plugged by the claws. Can you tourniquet my arm just in case?"

> Once she gets the tourniquet on, carefully remove the claws with her help. Then remove armor, pull up sleeve, and inspect wounds.

"Alright. Loosen the tourniquet a bit so we can flush out foreign matter with some light bleeding."

> After a few seconds of that -

"Okay, tighten it back up."

> HEALING MAGIC. Once it's all healed -

"Alright, that should do it."

> Remove tourniquet.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:50 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Unsure if the bleeding's really stopped, or just temporarily plugged by the claws. Can you tourniquet my arm just in case?"

> Once she gets the tourniquet on, carefully remove the claws with her help. Then remove armor, pull up sleeve, and inspect wounds.

"Alright. Loosen the tourniquet a bit so we can flush out foreign matter with some light bleeding."

> After a few seconds of that -

"Okay, tighten it back up."

> HEALING MAGIC. Once it's all healed -

"Alright, that should do it."

> Remove tourniquet.

She assists you with your arm, and soon you have it all healed.
Removing the claws was the hardest part. The tendons had all thankfully gone limp after being severed, but your stiff leather arm guard made them difficult to remove individually, so you ended up peeling the whole thing off in one go. Thankfully the tourniquet did its job, and you now have a thoroughly sore and still somewhat fragile, but intact and no longer bleeding arm.

Woman: "Alright, I think I'm done here. Make sure you heal up your buddy again, too.
Let's go Joseph."

Joseph(?) nods, and scoops the woman back up in his arms, then turns back to face the other ships.
Woman: "Alright, let me just get read-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
He jumps mid-sentence, sending them up into the sky and landing gently on the other ship they first came from.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

> Check on Leon, see if he needs further healing.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:26 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Check on Leon, see if he needs further healing.

She did say you should give his arms one last heal. The wounds aren't bleeding anymore, and they're pretty much all closed up, but you go ahead and cast over both arms one last time just to be safe. Leon is still awake, and still pale, but his expression relaxes a bit after you cast.
Leon: "Feels a bit better. Thanks."
Karina slumps down in relief, and Frederic starts busying himself with cleaning all the blood and birds.

[ Timeskip ]
[ Other ]

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

> Retrieve knife, clean it off and sheath it. Help move Leon to somewhere he can rest properly, help Frederick clean up. Sharpen knife back up. Timeskip.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Retrieve knife, clean it off and sheath it. Help move Leon to somewhere he can rest properly, help Frederick clean up. Sharpen knife back up. Timeskip.

You clean your knife off, and-
Oh. Hm. The edge is a lot less pristine than it was earlier. A lot duller, and even a small chip. It didn't get like that when you carved up the wolves. Well, you'll take care of that in a bit.

You then help Karina move Leon inside to rest, but rather than having you clean up, Fred has you take the helm while he and Karina clean. The other ships sound off their bell to leave shortly after the cleaning starts, so someone does have to steer.

While the others clean, you take out your pocket whetstones and get to caring for your abused knife while you make sure to stay on course with the other ships.

~~~~

The sky is darkening, and the ships have all moored together for the night. Tomorrow you'll be arriving in Belus, docking at the port of Gunan. Everyone is lounging outside on the deck after eating, with Frederic having cooked roast bird. Pretty good, if you ignore the source.

Frederic: "So. That's what adventuring is truly like. There's fun and amazing sights. But there's also fights for your life. Close calls. Sometimes, people die.
I've had it happen to friends and comrades. More than once.

Still interested in being an adventurer, Karina?"

Karina stays silent.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 am
Profile WWW

"We're lucky that healer was able to help. If she wasn't, the tourniquets would've kept Leon alive, but he would've lost his arms.

You roll the dice when you're adventuring, and sometimes you're not so lucky."

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:01 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"We're lucky that healer was able to help. If she wasn't, the tourniquets would've kept Leon alive, but he would've lost his arms.

You roll the dice when you're adventuring, and sometimes you're not so lucky."

Leon: "I like my arms..."
Frederic: "Even if you think you're well prepared, sometimes that isn't enough. Sometimes you just get the short end of the stick and fate conspires to end you.
You should-"

Karina: "Leon!"

He startles at Karina's yell. Looking over, Karina is visibly angry, with her fists balled up at her sides.
Karina: "Are you going to give up?!"
Leon: "Wha? Well, I-"
Karina: "Gram! What about you?"

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 am
Profile WWW

"I didn't come out here for hugs and cuddles.

Adventuring may be rolling the dice, but I'm ready to roll every day."

> Smirk at the camera.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I didn't come out here for hugs and cuddles.

Adventuring may be rolling the dice, but I'm ready to roll every day."

> Smirk at the camera.

Karina: "See?!"
She snaps back to face Frederic.

Karina: "We're not backing down! I meant it when I said I wanted to be an adventurer! We all did!"

The two of them stare down each other down, the oversized knight and the girl barely up to his elbows. Leon seems frozen, his eyes darting between the two.

Eventually, Frederic's face softens, and he quietly speaks.
Frederic: "Fine. If that's what you've decided."

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:08 am
Profile WWW

"... That said, for a healer, you definitely need more skills under your belt besides pure magic.

You need to be ready for bad situations, like running out of mana or spells being ineffective. Letting someone die because the team is unprepared or untrained... Certainly not a glorious way to go."

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"... That said, for a healer, you definitely need more skills under your belt besides pure magic.

You need to be ready for bad situations, like running out of mana or spells being ineffective. Letting someone die because the team is unprepared or untrained... Certainly not a glorious way to go."

Leon: "Barrier spells would be nice..."

Karina snaps her glare to you, but after a moment wavers, and her face falls as she looks down.
Karina: "...yeah, I, guess you're right."
Frederic: "Defensive magic, a medical kit, and emergency-only mana stones. I'd feel better if you had those.
Maybe all of you, but I won't push it."

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next