View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
"Bartusis, see what sort of metalworking and machinery they've got goin' on there."

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:20 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Bartusis, see what sort of metalworking and machinery they've got goin' on there."

Frederic: "Gonna see about making a bigger gun, eh? Couple other good places for that maybe, but Bartusis certainly isn't a bad one. Of the three sibling countries, they've embraced machinery and technology the most. Not as much as the west empire, but I'd dare to call it the technological country of Melgard.

Heh. My sword came from Bartusis, actually. I used to use just a normal big old sword, but when Karina's father hired me, he made sure to get me properly equipped. Had to have it custom made, it's worth about as much as I am.
Ah... hm."

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 am
Profile WWW

"Wonder what'd a gun worth as much as me look like. Probably not much considerin' my academy loans haha!

You got any place you're interested in seein'?"

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:10 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Wonder what'd a gun worth as much as me look like. Probably not much considerin' my academy loans haha!

You got any place you're interested in seein'?"

Frederic: "Hmm... Not in Melgard. I've been to the sibling countries, and the lords' domains aren't must-see regions for me. What I would like to see is the West Empire's capital, it has a very impressive royal arena. Grand fights and exhibitions, plays and competitions, all sorts of things. It sounds absolutely spectacular. For the big holiday events, the kind that even the Emperor attend, apparently they capture dragons and bring them in for anyone to try and take on!"
He gets surprisingly animated talking about this, swinging his arm and grinning as he regales tales of the mighty arena warriors, facing off against each other and the vicious beasts that the Empire sets against them.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am
Profile WWW

> Listen to the tales and timeskip?

Go see what Karina and Leon are up to when it's Frederick's turn at the wheel and he's done talking

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Listen to the tales and timeskip?

Go see what Karina and Leon are up to when it's Frederick's turn at the wheel and he's done talking

You humor him for a while and prod for more talk about the arena. Apparently the most monumental event was a few decades back an earth dragon broke free and went on a rampage through the city. Dozens of gladiators had to scramble to contain the rampaging beast, while it tore through dozens of buildings and changed the landscape of the city itself. It ended up being, by far, the most popular event they had ever had.

Hours pass, and it becomes Frederic's turn to pilot again a bit after sunset. The other ships are still visible in the pale light of the moon, and by the lamps hung at the bow and stern of each ship. Soon they'll all huddle up and moor up to each other to wait out the night.
Karina is sprawled out on the deck on a blanket and gazing up at the stars, while Leon sits nearby reading a book by the light of a small handheld spell, back up against a raised section in the middle of the ship.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:09 am
Profile WWW

> Investigate the toilets! Does our poop just fall into the abyss below, or is it stored in some sort of tank?

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:11 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Investigate the toilets! Does our poop just fall into the abyss below, or is it stored in some sort of tank?

You feel the higher power scowl again.

From firsthand experience, you remember that it seems to collect in a tank, rather than just dropping. Considering that ships often fly over the continents as well as open sky, it makes sense for them to not just drop it as they go.

Wed May 01, 2019 2:52 am
Profile WWW

> To Leon!

"Hey."

> Lean against a thing.

Wed May 01, 2019 4:21 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> To Leon!

"Hey."

> Lean against a thing.

You lean up against the raised section that Leon is sitting against as you greet him. Leon glances up from his book, while Karina continues stargazing from the floor.

Leon: "Oh, hey Gram. Fred got you with the arena stories I see."

Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 am
Profile WWW

"Yup.

Got any place you're interested in visiting yourself?"

Tue May 07, 2019 2:30 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yup.

Got any place you're interested in visiting yourself?"

Leon: "Nothing quite as enthusiastic as that. But uhh, if I had to pick something, maybe... The ice lord's domain. Just, in general. It rarely ever gets cold enough to snow down in Melgard, what with the fire domain nearby. I'd like to see it. I know Karina would love to, too. There's curiosities and small strangeness everywhere, especially in the small islands in the center of the sky. But a mundane oddity sounds, nice.
Hm. And, that big forest in Kradda that's only lit by constant lightning in storm clouds. That sounds nuts."

Kradda being the western continent, and the ice lord's domain being on the eastern continent Hejen.

Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 am
Profile WWW

"Hm. Constant lightning sounds kinda cool. Wonder how fast that'll get old, with all the noise.

What're'ya readin'?"

Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hm. Constant lightning sounds kinda cool. Wonder how fast that'll get old, with all the noise.

What're'ya readin'?"

Leon: "Oh, just some science fiction about a world covered in ice, and people struggling to survive in it. An evil monarch keeps their sky in endless winter, and heat becomes a valuable resource. The implications it explores are really interesting. Heh, unlucky coincidence that the current ice Lord goes by Queen of the Frozen.

I've actually read it once before, but there's a lot I'm picking up on the second run through."

Sat May 11, 2019 3:46 am
Profile WWW

"Huh, how do they get food if it's endless winter?"

Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next