View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
"Apparently a lot of stuff can happen when they're overcharged, according to what I learned in the academy.

Tumors, malformed muscles, tumors, bones going out of shape, tumors, numbness, tumors, internal bleeding, tumors, external bleeding, and uh, tumors.

So, if you wanna test it out, probably best to not try it on any of us. Maybe a mouse or somethin'. If it's as bad as the academy says, could be a useful last-ditch offensive trick in a pinch if Leon, Frederick and I are out of the picture for some reason."

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:35 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Apparently a lot of stuff can happen when they're overcharged, according to what I learned in the academy.

Tumors, malformed muscles, tumors, bones going out of shape, tumors, numbness, tumors, internal bleeding, tumors, external bleeding, and uh, tumors.

So, if you wanna test it out, probably best to not try it on any of us. Maybe a mouse or somethin'. If it's as bad as the academy says, could be a useful last-ditch offensive trick in a pinch if Leon, Frederick and I are out of the picture for some reason."

All: "Oh."
Frederic: "Yeeeah, let's not do that then. How's your bullet former, Gram?"
Leon: "This mist charger works well. Very well with water spells."

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:42 am
Profile WWW

> Pull out a formed bullet, chuck it at the ground.

"At the moment, uh, not exactly better than my regular bullets, unless if I spontaneously run out of regular ammo again. Think I'll have to figure out a way to imbue them with useful magic before I get more bang out of 'em."

> Form another one, pass it to Leon.

"Try charging it with fire and throwing it."

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:47 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Pull out a formed bullet, chuck it at the ground.

"At the moment, uh, not exactly better than my regular bullets, unless if I spontaneously run out of regular ammo again. Think I'll have to figure out a way to imbue them with useful magic before I get more bang out of 'em."

> Form another one, pass it to Leon.

"Try charging it with fire and throwing it."

You form another bullet, putting you at about half mana capacity, then throw it at the ground. It breaks and bursts with a flash like the first one.
Frederic: "Not better than your regular? It bursts into magic, I'd call that a fair bit better. Though, if it shatters on contact, I guess it won't have much penetration power. Hm, I guess it is a tradeoff after all."

You form another, and pass it to Leon.
Leon: "Uhhh, charge it? Like... with fire mana, or stick a fire spell on it?"

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:57 am
Profile WWW

> BRAIN QUESTION TIME

Different types of mana what now?

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> BRAIN QUESTION TIME

Different types of mana what now?

You'd almost forgotten about it since it doesn't matter much for your specific magic. Mana can have different, polarities for lack of a better word. Inclinations towards specific actions against the physical world. Fire mana would have increased effect being used for a fire spell, while ice mana would produce weaker results. For healing magic, you just use neutral atmospheric mana and don't have to worry about polarity.

Normal atmospheric mana is pretty neutrally charged, and can be used for just about anything without issue. There are polarities for each of the eight elements, specifically because of the eight elemental lords. The great sky-wide mana networks maintained by the lords each circulate with mana colored towards their individual element, and are the primary sources for elementally charged mana. You're not sure if they marshal up polarized mana and distribute it, or take normal mana and polarize it, but either way the networks are where elemental mana resides.
On its own without any spell or will to convert it to a physical action, polarized mana won't do much, same as regular mana. Though, your bullets are just spell-less condensed mana and they burst into magic on impact.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 am
Profile WWW

"Attach a spell to that one, and pump some mana into the device here."

> Hand him the fire-mana formed bullet when it's created. Also see if it looks any different before I give it to him.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:49 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Attach a spell to that one, and pump some mana into the device here."

> Hand him the fire-mana formed bullet when it's created. Also see if it looks any different before I give it to him.

Leon: "Alright. Let's see."
He seems to form a fireball spell without activating it, same as you did with your healing spell, and attach to the bullet. He gives it a quick look over, then nods in satisfaction. You then hand him the former, and he closes his eyes to concentrate for a moment.
Leon: "There. Ok, now what?"
You take the former back and pop the mold open. There's the familiar mana bullet there, but this time instead of sky blue, it's a red bordering on orange. Sure does look fire-y.
Leon: "So that thing eats your mana to make bullets? How many can you make?"

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:58 am
Profile WWW

"About four in a sitting.

Chuck 'em at the ground a bit away, see if they're any different."

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:01 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"About four in a sitting.

Chuck 'em at the ground a bit away, see if they're any different."

Leon: "Mm. Alright, Karina get behind me okay?"
Karina: "Okay!"

She steps out of the way and peeks around to watch him. Leon winds back his arm with the red mana bullet in hand, and wings it at the wall. It hits with a clack, then drops to the ground.

Nothing happens.
Frederic: "Gram weren't those exploding when you threw them before?"

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:17 am
Profile WWW

"Yeah.

Try the other one."

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yeah.

Try the other one."

Leon throws the other bullet, with similar results. Hits the wall, falls down, no burst.

Frederic: "Weren't they also breaking when you threw them Gram."
You notice Leon hunch his shoulders a bit.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 am
Profile WWW

"I uh, think so."

> Wait for a moment in case if the balls are just taking a while to explode.

If they don't seem to be doing that, go grab them and throw them myself, extra hard.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I uh, think so."

> Wait for a moment in case if the balls are just taking a while to explode.

If they don't seem to be doing that, go grab them and throw them myself, extra hard.

Nothing keeps happening, to either bullet.

You approach cautiously, and crouch down to examine the bullets. Yeah... yeah, still whole. You pick the two back up and turn around, catching a glimpse of Leon red faced and facing away from Karina, while Karina grins and prods him in the side.
Stepping back to a safe range, you wind up and throw the red mana bullet. It cracks against the wall and you see it break this time. A moment later, a small cloud of flame bursts from thin air.
Frederic: "Yup, that was definitely more fire-y."

You then let the air clear a bit, and throw the bullet with the spell attached. It impacts the wall, and instantly bursts into an impressive fireball. Definitely larger than the burst from the red bullet.

Leon: "Hmph. Now that's proper magic."
Karina: "How big would it be if you put that fireball on a red bullet and hit it inside the mist?"

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:08 am
Profile WWW

"Not sure. We can give it a try."

> Pass the bullet former to Leon.

Serious thinking face.

"Hm. Seems that attaching a different spell or using different mana makes them less sensitive to impacts. Will have to keep that in mind when using non-standard magic bullets."

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 51  Next