View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Not sure. We can give it a try."

> Pass the bullet former to Leon.

Serious thinking face.

"Hm. Seems that attaching a different spell or using different mana makes them less sensitive to impacts. Will have to keep that in mind when using non-standard magic bullets."

You hand the former back to Leon, and he concentrates again.
Leon: "Yeah, definitely. Have to be careful with the uh, bullets. Make sure they don't explode inside the gun.

Here. This has a spell attached."

He hands you another red bullet, and you confirm that it does have a fireball spell attached.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:51 am
Profile WWW

> Throw it

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:25 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Throw it

You pull back your arm to throw, and-
Frederic: "Wai-wai-wait. Throw it that way."
You were going to throw it at the nearby wall in the narrower direction, but Frederic points down the long way of the training field, far away from anyone. You nod, then turn and fire the bullet down the far way. It starts dropping by the time it hits the wall, but still has enough momentum to crack against the wall.
Immediately, the bullet bursts into a fierce fireball, billowing out and upwards, significantly larger than either of the two previous bullets. Even from the other end of the field, you feel the heat of the flames before the dissipate.
A couple cheers come from the adjacent training field.

Frederic: "Wow. That's pretty impressive for a bullet."
Leon: "Those bullets are packed with more mana than you'd normally use for that fireball spell. Normally it'd be stupid and unstable to put that much into a fireball, could blow up in your face. But it looks like the mana only gets charged into the spell when the bullet breaks, so it's fine."

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 am
Profile WWW

"Neat. Wonder how I'm supposed to fire these out of a gun without blowing myself up."

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:41 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Neat. Wonder how I'm supposed to fire these out of a gun without blowing myself up."

Frederic: "Heh, very carefully."
Karina: "Maybe you could coat them with something so they don't break?"

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 am
Profile WWW

"Hm. Maybe some sort of durable but highly flammable material. Gets ignited after firing, burns away in flight. I'll have to look into it.

Since wolves are a non-option for a while, what're we goin' after for hunting? Would probably be good to train for that, so we don't have any nasty surprises like with the wolfbeast."

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hm. Maybe some sort of durable but highly flammable material. Gets ignited after firing, burns away in flight. I'll have to look into it.

Since wolves are a non-option for a while, what're we goin' after for hunting? Would probably be good to train for that, so we don't have any nasty surprises like with the wolfbeast."

Frederic: "Well there's that other island around Madosa, the one with the earth and water sprites. Not great money, but a good first experience with magic-based monsters."
Leon: "The guild probably has some requests for materials gathering, but we'd have to travel a ways for most of that. The islands are kind of plain in terms of resources and threats here in the center of the sky."
Karina: "I bet there's jobs back in Belus for adventurers. We could go home to the capital, stock up and find some work there. And papa would let us stay for a bit if there's nothing to do."

Leon: "Hm. I bet I could get something out of the professors at the Wizard academy, but uh, I'm kinda playing hookie from there right now. So, that's out."
Frederic: "Karina's idea isn't bad. It's planting season down in Melgard, that brings out all the unpleasant little beasts and monsters that need to be beaten back. We could almost certainly find work to clear out kobold dens or something if we go to some smaller towns away from the capital."

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 pm
Profile WWW

"Karina's the one that wanted to go adventuring, so I guess I'm fine with wherever she wants. Need to do some preparations beforehand, though."

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Karina's the one that wanted to go adventuring, so I guess I'm fine with wherever she wants. Need to do some preparations beforehand, though."

Leon: "I'm good with that.
Er. It just occurred to me, how did you two get up here from Belus?"

Frederic: "Tagged along on our ship with some armed merchants heading north. I swatted some grumpy birds and helped with some heavy lifting, and they made sure we were safe.
We should look for something like that again if we want to go south again. What kind of preparations did you need, Gram?"

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 am
Profile WWW

"Get my gear in order, and enough ammo for a long haul. Unlike you guys, I have to recharge my firepower at a shop, so gotta stock up and make sure everything's in working order."

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:44 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Get my gear in order, and enough ammo for a long haul. Unlike you guys, I have to recharge my firepower at a shop, so gotta stock up and make sure everything's in working order."

Frederic: "Right. There're stores down there of course, and an adventurer's guild presence, but if you're gonna stock up then there's no better place than Madosa, is there?
I should go ask around for southbound travelers if that's our plan, you never know when a convoy will ship out. If there's one available, anyone object to leaving today?"

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

"There's a few stuff I want to look into before heading out, so leaving today is kinda rushing it."

> If that's all, head to THE LIBRARY

Specifically the magic-focused one

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"There's a few stuff I want to look into before heading out, so leaving today is kinda rushing it."

> If that's all, head to THE LIBRARY

Specifically the magic-focused one

Frederic: "Got it, tomorrow at the earliest."

The adventurer's academy probably has the best magic-focused library around here. Frederic and Karina take off for the docks, and as you make to head over to the academy, Leon stops you.
Leon: "Hey, Gram, were you going to go stock up on ammo now? Like special magic ammo?"

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:37 am
Profile WWW

"I was going to look into autonomous spell generation and attachment and mana polarization first, see if there's some sort of system I can rig up to get a useful element on these bullets. Special magic ammo after that, yes, along with regular ammo."

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:40 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I was going to look into autonomous spell generation and attachment and mana polarization first, see if there's some sort of system I can rig up to get a useful element on these bullets. Special magic ammo after that, yes, along with regular ammo."

Leon: "Oh, ok. Mind if I tag along then? I do have some formal education in magic. I'm interested in those magic bullets too, it's an interesting concept."

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 51  Next