View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hm? Uuuuuhh.

ah....

I, I should remember.

but I don't...

Tell you what, lemme take you around town to find the best souvenir shop to make it up to you!"

> Grin and wink

Karina: "Hehe, you better!"

Leon: "Whaaaaat is going on."
Frederic: "Karina wrangled a tour of Madosa and its souvenir shops out of Gram before you arrived, once we got done with today's hunt."
Leon: "

Oh.
Hey Gram, I'll come too."

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 am
Profile WWW

"Hmmm. Frederick? Wanna join as well?"

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hmmm. Frederick? Wanna join as well?"

Frederic: "Heh. Go ahead without me. I feel like sampling the local brews."

Karina: "Aww, Freee-"
Frederic: "Why don't you give me a tour yourself once Gram teaches you everything?"
Karina: "Oh! That's sounds like fun! Ok, enjoy your beers!"

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:32 am
Profile WWW

"Alright, we'll see ya later!"

> Make sure we split the money

> BEGIN TOUR! Take them around the town - the best taverns to stay the night, restaurants with good food and atmosphere, libraries with wide selection, smiths to work metal, leatherworkers for sheaths and belts, herbalists for a cure, and all the places with weird and interesting odds and ends that would make for nice souvenirs. (Also make a note of those places)

Finally, end at my favourite place - the Small Armory!

"Aaaand my home-but-not-actually-home, your one-stop-shop for lead and powder and the pipes that shoot 'em."

> Head on in!

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Alright, we'll see ya later!"

> Make sure we split the money

> BEGIN TOUR!

You make sure to split up the money, but as you're heading for the door,
Guild Clerk: "Ah, excuse me there! The two young men and the blond girl! You're the ones who sold the wolfbeast parts earlier, yes?"

Leon: "Uh? Yes, that was us. Is there a problem?"
Guild Clerk: "Well, maybe. But don't worry, you're not in trouble either way.
You three slew that wolfbeast on the nearby island for new adventurers, yes?"

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:50 am
Profile WWW

"Yeah."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yeah."

The woman nods with her eyebrows furrowed.
Guild Clerk: "Alright. Did you see a giant wolf afterwards by any chance?"

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:06 am
Profile WWW

"Yes, we did."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:06 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yes, we did."

Leon: "Yeah, what WAS that? That thing was scary."

She sighs tiredly, and returns to the counter where she gets out a pen and paper and begins scrawling something down. She continues talking to you without looking up.
Guide Clerk: "That was the wolf Denmother. She and her kind are how we are able to maintain that island for training and new adventurer usage like we do. They're a certain high level wolf evolution that can rapidly breed and accelerate growth of their cubs. They make sure the supply of wolves on the island doesn't run low, and we provide a big pile of meat once a week so that it stays content.
The problem is every year around this time it starts getting antsy and more protective than usual. As you could tell, it's a fairly high level beast, MUCH stronger than anything else on that island."

She finishes her writing, and walks over to the job posting board. Once there, she takes down all the guild postings for various wolf parts, and sticks the new note up in its place.
Urgent: Wolf Denmother subjugation. Pay: 25,000 Drachma. All materials free to keep. Experienced adventurers only.
She dings a small bell next to the board, then steps away as a small surge of adventurers swarm over.

She sighs again.
"When it gets antsy this time of year, we usually hire a team to go in and give it a thrashing. That gets it to hide in its cave until the mood passes, and it goes back to being docile.
The problems are, no one took the request in time this year, and you managed to slay a wolfbeast. Normal wolves wouldn't alarm it, but the loss of an older, stronger child has stirred it into action.
Now it's agitated and won't calm down for months. We could just wait it out, but until it calms back down the island will be unusable for its normal purpose. It's less inconvenient to just, well, slay the Denmother and raise a replacement from its children."

She gives you a sort of bemused look.
Guild Clerk: "It's a good thing you escaped. If you hadn't, you'd be dead and the next people to go there probably would be too. And maybe the next. Until someone finally realized the pattern and dispatched an emergency team."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:20 am
Profile WWW

"Yikes.

Has anyone tried to, subjugate her, with ship-mounted guns? She didn't have any qualms about approaching the edge of the island, would be safer than going on foot."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yikes.

Has anyone tried to, subjugate her, with ship-mounted guns? She didn't have any qualms about approaching the edge of the island, would be safer than going on foot."

Guild Clerk: "Oh certainly. Frankly we're not picky about how it gets done, as long as the island is still intact. Though you'd have to have some powerful cannons, and those are expensive.
It wouldn't take long for it to get fed up and try attacking the ship itself, and if that failed then just retreat to its cave. To take it out from the ship you'd need to strike before it got wary or learned to avoid the shots.

It's usually cheaper for adventurers to go and take it out with magic and will, than it is to spend a lot of money on an armed vessel with the firepower to take it down."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 am
Profile WWW

> Nod

"I see. Best of luck to the adventurers taking the quest.

Are there going to be rescue teams standing by for teams going in? I can only stop bleeding at best, but if that means someone can survive the trip from the island to back here for a real healer, I'll be signing up."

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:06 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Nod

"I see. Best of luck to the adventurers taking the quest.

Are there going to be rescue teams standing by for teams going in? I can only stop bleeding at best, but if that means someone can survive the trip from the island to back here for a real healer, I'll be signing up."

Guild Clerk: "If you'd like to volunteer your time, you're free to. It's an official guild request. A high priority request, but a request nonetheless. Unless it devolves into a real emergency, the guild won't arrange anything special for it.
The only adventurers that will be permitted to accept it will be strong enough to handle themselves."

Karina: "Graaam, come on, you were gonna give us the tour! The wolves are fine, the big leagues adventurers can handle it!"

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 am
Profile WWW

"Alright alright, let's go!"

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Alright alright, let's go!"

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> BEGIN TOUR! Take them around the town - the best taverns to stay the night, restaurants with good food and atmosphere, libraries with wide selection, smiths to work metal, leatherworkers for sheaths and belts, herbalists for a cure, and all the places with weird and interesting odds and ends that would make for nice souvenirs. (Also make a note of those places)

Finally, end at my favourite place - the Small Armory!

"Aaaand my home-but-not-actually-home, your one-stop-shop for lead and powder and the pipes that shoot 'em."

> Head on in!

You lead Karina and Leon out into the streets of Madosa. Hmm... Madosa's divided into four general sections, one for each compass direction.
West is all residential and houses, where the permanent residents live. One of the few zones not swarming with adventurers and traders, and they prefer to keep it that way. So, we'll avoid that.
South is the more mundane shops. Food, furniture, general stores, apothecaries, restaurants, entertainment, libraries and baths and public works; everything a regular city needs to keep its gears turning. Residents and adventurers both frequent this section.
East is most of the adventurer facilities. Forges, weaponsmiths, armorers, material processing houses, herbalists and potioncrafters, magical curio shops, spell stores, some warehouses and security or mercenary companies... A lot of things, but it heavily caters to selling gear to adventurers.
North is the busiest portion of Madosa, the ports. Docks, shipyards and shipwrights, inns, taverns, and merchant offices all live here. This is also where the Adventurer's Guild branch lives! Everyone who comes through Madosa passes through this area, and a lot of them never have to leave it. You are here right now.

You decide that you'll show them around the north, then the south should have a few good souvenir shops, and finish up in the east wedge to wow them.
And so you go.

The north side goes well, listing off the less rowdy inns one can stay at. Karina points out the one she and Frederic have been staying at, which is somewhat expensive and on the maid road. You recommend a quieter, more out of the way one with similar accommodations, and Leon says he will check the place out as well. You pass over most of the bars for now; Karina and Leon are probably old enough to drink, but most of them are kind of wild, being populated by adventurers and all, and frankly you're here to show them around, not while away the night.

The south side is nice, calm, and pleasant to walk around in. You tour the streets and show some of your preferred quick eateries and a few restaurants that provide good fare if they feel like a solid meal. Karina takes special interest in several sweets shops, and a North Kingdom cuisine cafe. The flat top grill that they cook everything on in view of all customers seems to have captured her curiosity. Since this is also the best spot for general souvenirs, you make sure to visit a few curio and decoration stores.
While Leon is appreciating a carved wooden chicken sculpture, Karina approaches with a few things in hand. A set of 6 smoothed stone medallions, each with the outline of Madosa etched onto it. A small carved wooden stump, with four carved birds that can detach from their sitting spots on the stump. And four grey metal bracelets with a dark round stone set in each.

Karina: "Gram, which of these do you think would make the best souvenirs?"

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 51  Next