View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
"Never know if thing's're gonna take a sharp turn for the south, and my number one solution to problems is blasting 'em north.

We happen to be headin' south, so might as well be extra prepared."

> TO THE SPELL SELLER

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:35 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Never know if thing's're gonna take a sharp turn for the south, and my number one solution to problems is blasting 'em north.

We happen to be headin' south, so might as well be extra prepared."

> TO THE SPELL SELLER

Cassily: "Mm, 'spose. Guess it's not a problem if you're not carrying them on you at all times."

You wait for Leon to finish looking at the ammo, then the two of you head out to find a spell shop. There's not many shops for selling spells, since most demand can be met by a single merchant with a few proctors.
Leon: "What kind of spells you thinking of getting right now? Something to attach to your bullets I assume."

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 am
Profile WWW

"Yeah. Thinking about ice, something to slow down an enemy and safe to use at close range."

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:52 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yeah. Thinking about ice, something to slow down an enemy and safe to use at close range."

Leon: "My ice spell can do that. Dumps all its energy into making cold when it hits, instead of using it for endurance or ice production. I could teach it to you, if you want."

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

"Oh. Sure, if you're up for it."

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:05 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Oh. Sure, if you're up for it."

Leon: "Heh, not a problem for me. Is there anything you do want aside from basic elemental bolt spells?"

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

"What else is out there?"

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"What else is out there?"

Leon: "Uhhh, a lot. Depends on what you're looking for mostly.
Attack spells there's a variety of stuff for all 8 elements. Bolts, explosive projectiles, waves, walls, shields and barriers, all kinds of things at all kinds of levels of strength.
I've heard Madosa has a good selection, but the Wizard Academy would probably be your best bet for any and every spell you can think of. And if they don't have it, they could make it. Buuut, they aren't exactly a shop and they wouldn't be happy with me after I ran off.
Support magic, buffs for strength or speed with wind usually. Debuffs for the same sort. Healing, but I think you already know about that. More complicated and niche stuff, all over.
Oh, meta spells, do you know any of those? You probably wouldn't if you've just learned healing magic."

Meta spells, that was touched upon in your classes. It was more a subject for combat magic classes, which you didn't take, but the gist is addon spells that attach to regular spells and augment their functionality, usually by delaying or changing their casting somehow. The most common one is storing a spell for later use, letting you just cast it at any time afterwards. There are various limits and restrictions which you're not familiar with, but meta spells do become an important part of any advanced mage's arsenal.
You do know that healing spells, due to their complexity, don't play well with meta spells. Another of those "Beware of tumors" warnings.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 am
Profile WWW

"Yeah, don't really know much, just that they're like a spell-modifier spell of some sort."

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:24 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yeah, don't really know much, just that they're like a spell-modifier spell of some sort."

Leon: "Yeah, pretty much. I know the stored spell meta, I can teach you that too I suppose.
Huh. That might work well with the bullets actually. It has to be manually triggered so that's useless after you shoot, but it does help stabilize spells for long term, so you could use that to make bullets ahead of time. Would still need to arm them before you shot."

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

"Interesting - that could serve as a sort of safety, so my body doesn't suddenly freeze over or whatever if my ammo pouch is hit. Can that hold all the mana for the spell too?"

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Interesting - that could serve as a sort of safety, so my body doesn't suddenly freeze over or whatever if my ammo pouch is hit. Can that hold all the mana for the spell too?"

Leon: "Normally yeah, that's how it'd work. But with the bullets, all the mana for the spell can come from the bullet. You wouldn't have to store any additional mana, unless you had a spell that needed or supported additional power."

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 am
Profile WWW

"Hm, I see.

Where do you want to go for this spell teachin' stuff? Training grounds?"

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:36 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hm, I see.

Where do you want to go for this spell teachin' stuff? Training grounds?"

Leon: "Sure. Anything we don't get to I can teach you on the ship. Might as well do the more dangerous one here."
The two of you head over to the training grounds again and check the same field out as you were using before.
Leon: "Alright, ice bolt."

[ Timeskip ]
[ Other ]

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:22 am
Profile WWW

> TIMESKIP ICEBOLT

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 51  Next