View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
"Hmm. The medallions or the sculpture - they both have something representative of Madosa."

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hmm. The medallions or the sculpture - they both have something representative of Madosa."

Karina: "Hmmmm. Yes."
She ponders the two a bit longer, then puts down the bracelets and medallions, deciding on the birds sculpture.
After buying her souvenir, she goes to see what Leon is still looking at and drags him back over with to you.
Karina: "Ok! Souvenir accomplished! Where is next on the tour?"

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:58 am
Profile WWW

> Tour whatever's left that seems tourist-y, then go find us a place for dinner.

After that, leave and go on my own to the gun shop.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:59 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Tour whatever's left that seems tourist-y, then go find us a place for dinner.

After that, leave and go on my own to the gun shop.

With Karina and Leon's purchases in hand (it really is a well carved chicken) you continue the tour. Taking them around the eateries, you decide on a pasta restaurant for later, then continue to the east district for the tail end of your tour.
You give them the general layout of everything, putting emphasis on the general adventurer stores and the magic related shops, for Leon and Karina's benefit. The two are especially interested in returning to the spell shops to see if there are any new spells they can pick up in town.

Having toured everything of interest, and the three of you starting to get hungry, you head back to the pasta restaurant Aldente for dinner. During it, you notice that both Karina and Leon have impressive manners while eating, with Karina going from the eager eyed ball of interest and drive you normally see to the kind of calm and polite young woman you'd almost never peg as an adventurer.

Afterwards, the sky is beginning to darken, so Karina and Leon head back to their inn while you make for the Small Armory again. On the way, most of the adventurer stores are closed or closing, but lucky for you the lights inside the Small Armory are still on. You head inside and see-
Well. You aren't Cassily. Instead, there's a medium height man in a rough dark green tunic with small scorch marks all over.
Man: "Irrashai. What can I getcha?"

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:39 pm
Profile WWW

"Need a new ammo pouch. My old one, uh, exploded."

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Need a new ammo pouch. My old one, uh, exploded."

Man: "Mmh, hate when that happens.
What're you looking to carry? We've got bags for light loads, heavy loads, insulated and reinforced compartments for special ammo, reinforced material bags..."

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

"Just carrying lead and standard powder, paper cartridges. My old one was..."

> What was my old ammo pouch like?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:46 pm
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Just carrying lead and standard powder, paper cartridges. My old one was..."

> What was my old ammo pouch like?

Leather, loops to attach onto your belt, was divided into four white padded compartments inside. Top had two straps, one with a strong buckle for keeping it shut day to day, other was easy open for mid-battle. Oh, and the back and top cover were both pretty stiff.

Man: "Hmm. Like, this here?"
He pulls out a near exact copy your old bag and grins.
Man: "One of my own patterns. Get em made special from a leatherworker 'round, uses all the little ideas I've had over the years. Complimentary with one of our custom jobs.
Hm. You got a custom job from us before?"

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

Turn and show him my holstered pistol - don't draw it, gunshop owners hate it when you draw a holstered firearm in their shop.

"Yeah, this one here."

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Turn and show him my holstered pistol - don't draw it, gunshop owners hate it when you draw a holstered firearm in their shop.

"Yeah, this one here."

Man: "Hmmm... Ah yeah, that's the uh, the tri shot smoothbore cartridge jobbie, with the hardened barrel! Good work that one. Gram, right?
I assume you want a replacement of the same kind."

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:16 am
Profile WWW

"Yeah, the old one served me pretty well."

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yeah, the old one served me pretty well."

Man: "Normally wouldn't sell these for so cheap, but since you've gotten a custom from us and you had a bad accident ruin it, I'll give you a one time special discount.
Really hate it when a bag goes up. Doesn't happen often, but what a way to ruin a day, eh?

And I suppose you'll be wanting a full load of ammo again. Ehh, careful of burning through so much so fast. The guild is generous with this, but they keep track of how much a person collects, and too much will raise flags. You're fine for now though."

He takes your guild card and puts it through the machine Cassily did when she gave you your ammo before, then slides the card, a box of ammo, and the new bag over the counter to you. You pass him over the money for the new bag, leaving you with still a good amount from the hunt.

Man: "You gonna want any special ammunition too?"

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:51 am
Profile WWW

"Hm. Whaddya have? Also, got any bombs?"

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Hm. Whaddya have? Also, got any bombs?"

Man: "Lesse, for your gun... first tier powder, relatively small barrel.

Penetration rounds, with harder ball and faster burning powder. Good for tearing into tougher beasts, and the cheapest of special ammo. They kinda become the standard ammo when hunting bigger and tougher stuff.
Blast rounds that explode into a normal flame blast on impact.
Cracker rounds, similar to blast but with air instead. Loud as hell, not as much punch.
Impact rounds, same concept again but it directs all the shock in a forward cone, good at knocking things around.
Burner rounds, releases magic after impact for a bit. We have fire, electricity, and ice for those. The ice and electric ones are great, they can disable beasts and monsters from the shocks or stiffness.

There's stuff that can pack more complex spells or effects, but you need bigger projectiles for that. Bullets are mostly limited to on-impact stuff. Arrows are a favorite for setting up combinations or traps, though we don't stock that here.
No bombs here, sorry. You'd have to go to an explosives workshop for that. I can reccomend Higgs a few streets over."

Let's see... You have enough for 30 special rounds, or 60 penetration rounds.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

"Hmmmm. Think I'll mull over the ammo for a bit, probably gonna take a break until the next hunt anyways.

Thanks for the help, seeya 'round."

> Timeskip to when my ammo former gadget is completed, go pick it up

And make sure I grab the others so they remember to retrieve their items as well.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 51  Next