View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 RTD Galactic Reboot! 

Post Re: RTD Galactic Reboot!
"Major Devlin, good to hear from you. I'm not surprised you heard about the last ship of Whish Oil getting shredded by pirates, it must have swept galactic news by now.

For now I'm alive and well. I'm also stranded down on a medieval world - Eriborth. I'm told that the Galfed has been bombing pirates here for quite some time, and that it's really a notorious haven for the like.

There's a ship coming down in the capital in two days. Either pirates or 'Rifters'. I don't know what the hell Rifters are, and I don't know how it would be possible for law and order to deteriorate so badly that pirates can land openly in a seat of planetary government.

What I need to know is if the Federation has a secure site on this world that I can get to for extraction and possibly rejoining the forces.

I know I was medically discharged, but I can't die down here in the dirt."

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Charge the bandit, spray him with the pistol.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:37 pm
Loose Canon

> Excellent. Pay for it, and then let's see how to get to these interesting cliffs.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:55 am
Profile WWW

CHARACTERS ACTIONS

Judith, Kyr:
Initiative:
Judith: 4 + 4 = 8
Kyr: 5 + 6 = 11
Bandit 3: 2 + 6 = 8
Bandit 1 Resist Check: 8, 4 + Roll of 2 - 6
Bandit 1 bleeds out, and dies.
Kyr rushes the bandit remaining, and fires 3 shots.
3 Roll + Perception - 3 (Strafing/Movement) vs 1 Roll + Speed + 2 (3 Shots) + 1 (Desert Bandit)
4 + 6 + 4 + 4 - 3 = 15*0.63 = 9.5 vs 5 + 2 + 2 = 10
But the first 2 thud into the plane, and the third only rips a small tear into the bandit's robe.
Judith tries to get a clear shot, and fires.
1 Roll + Perception vs 1 Roll + Speed + 4 (High Cover) + 1 (Desert Bandit)
6 + 7 = 13 vs 6 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 13
The shot grazes, doing 1 damage.
10/11 P, 12 S
-9% CE
Pain: 1 6 1 4 4 1 3 4 4 3 = 31*1 2/3 = 51 > 9
Intelligence Check: 6, 4 + Roll of 4 = 8.
The bandit realizes that Kyr's shotgun is most likely out of ammo, and tries to kick the handgun out of Kyr's hand.
Strength + Agility + 1 Roll vs Speed + 2 Rolls
3 + 4 + 5 = 12*0.91 = 11 vs 5 + 1 + 6 = 10*0.63 = 6
The handgun goes flying. The bandit backs up a bit, and yells:
3: "Let me leave, or your friend's brains go flying!"

Jakob:
Jakob: "Major Devlin, good to hear from you. I'm not surprised you heard about the last ship of Whish Oil getting shredded by pirates, it must have swept galactic news by now. For now I'm alive and well. I'm also stranded down on a medieval world - Eriborth. I'm told that the Galfed has been bombing pirates here for quite some time, and that it's really a notorious haven for the like. There's a ship coming down in the capital in two days. Either pirates or 'Rifters'. I don't know what the hell Rifters are, and I don't know how it would be possible for law and order to deteriorate so badly that pirates can land openly in a seat of planetary government. What I need to know is if the Federation has a secure site on this world that I can get to for extraction and possibly rejoining the forces. I know I was medically discharged, but I can't die down here in the dirt."

Devlin: "The bankruptcy was spectacular, turns out a bunch of the executives were laundering money for the mobs to keep it afloat, they got off easy after they turned a bunch of their clients over. Anyways...There's a marine cruiser headed to Grevet, recruiting for the marines. I'll send a recommendation if you want, so you're not stuck as a grunt."

Arica:
As you try to pay, the boy shakes his head, and says:
Boy: "Just return it after you're done with it."
The cliffs, hm. They're a good 3 hour hike away, but there are at least paths to follow.

Judith Trovare (CaveCricket48)

Jakob Stennard(TheKebbit)

Kyr(maart3n)

5/8 P, 6 S
-37% Effectiveness

Arica(TorrentHKU)

Bandits:

Bandit 1:

DEAD

Bandit 2:

DEAD

Bandit 3:

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:01 am

> Critical Eye, Steady Hand. Shoot at Bandit 3.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:21 am

Hit the bandit in the face with the butt of my shotgun and dive out of the way.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 pm
Loose Canon

> Ok, time to go on a cliff hi-
Wait.
...Do I need food? I feel like I need food. And maybe water. I probably will need those.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 am
Profile WWW

"If you could send that letter forward, it would be much appreciated. I won't detain you any further."

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:51 am

CHARACTERS ACTIONS

Judith, Kyr:
Initiative:
Judith: 4 + 4 = 8
Kyr: 5 + 1 = 6
Bandit 3: 2 + 1 = 3

Judith steadies her hand, and once again fires at 3, although she can only see his legs.
1 Roll + Perception + 4 (Critical Eye) + 3 (Steady Hand) - 1 (Tense) vs 1 Roll + Speed + 4 (High Cover) + 1 (Desert Bandit) - 1 (No Vision)
1 + 7 + 4 + 3 = 15 vs 4 + 2 + 4 + 1 - 1 = 10
Hitting him right in the foot, knocking him down, and doing 4 damage.
6/11 P, 12 S
-45% CE
Pain: 36%
3 4 1 1 6 6 3 2 6 2 = 34* 1 2/3 = 57
Kyr is out of range with his shotgun, so dices back to the front of FsL.
The bandit dashes to his ATV, and takes cover behind it.

Jakob:
Jakob: "If you could send that letter forward, it would be much appreciated. I won't detain you any further."

Devlin: "Done. The ship's landing in Simus, on the Grevet Coast. Small town, but should be on some of the maps."

Arica:
Food and water, hmm. Well, there's probably canteens for sale in the general store, and canned goods too. After looking around for around 10 minutes, you find a store that hasn't closed yet.
-Rick's 24H General Store-
Cashier: "Hello, can I help you?

Kyr(maart3n)

5/8 P, 6 S
-37% Effectiveness

Arica(TorrentHKU)

Bandits:

Bandit 1:

DEAD

Bandit 2:

DEAD

Bandit 3:

6/11 P, 12 S
-45% CE

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Reload shotgun.

"Throw down your gun and surrender yourself and I'll let you live and take your buddies' corpses with you."

Shoot bandit.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm

> Attempt to flank the bandit's position while keeping my distance. Shoot on sight.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 am

"With luck, we will hear from each other again when I get off this rock. All the best, Major."
>End the call.
>>How is my access to galactic news and data on this transmitter? Maybe I can find out what the he'll a Rifter is.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 am
Loose Canon

> Food food food. Find some food. Dried preferably. And a canteen.
Oh, I should acknowledge him. Give a little wave before locating food.
Oh, and a notepad or signboard or something would be useful. Miming stuff is annoying.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:44 am
Profile WWW

CHARACTERS ACTIONS

Judith, Kyr:
Initiative:
Judith: 4 + 2 = 6
Kyr: 5 + 4 = 9
Bandit 3: 2 + 6 = 8

Kyr reloads his shotgun, and yells at the bandit:
Kyr: "Throw down your gun and surrender yourself and I'll let you live and take your buddies' corpses with you."
Charisma + 2 (Slick Willy) + 1 Roll vs Charisma + 3 (Distrust) + 1 Roll
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 vs 3 + 3 + 3 = 9
He hesitates, and Kyr fires at 3.
1 Roll + Perception + 3 (Buckshot) - 1 (Reload & Fire) vs 1 Roll + Speed + 1 (Desert Bandit) + 2 (Low Cover)
2 + 4 + 3 - 1 = 8 vs 5 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 10
The shot hits the ATV, but doesn't seem to damage any of the parts.
The bandit, after Kyr fires, jumps onto his ATV and guns it.
Threshold 2: Roll of 3
He nearly falls off, but manages to keep balance.
Judith fires at the bandit as he drives away.
1 Roll + Perception vs 1 Roll + Speed + 2 (Moving Target) + 1 (Desert Bandit) + 1 (Out of Ideal Range)
6 + 7 = 13 vs 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1= 11
The shot hits him in the back, doing 3 damage.
3/11 P, 12 S
-73% CE
27% Damage*2 = 54%
4 5 4 4 3 1 2 5 1 6 = 35* 1 2/3 = 58%
Hold On- 2 Rolls, Threshold 7
2 + 5 = 7
The bandit has to stop for a second, but with adrenaline pumping, manages to blast out of sight.
<Combat Over>

Jakob:
Jakob: "With luck, we will hear from each other again when I get off this rock. All the best, Major."
Devlin: "As to you."
**Click**
You fiddle around with your GalTram some more, and...
Intelligence + Roll = 5 + 3 = 8
You manage to unlock all the features of the local network, and connect though the new channel. The TramStuct (Transmitter Infrastructure) seems to be based on the GGN (General Galactic Network), but the only function that works outside of the local area is InterGal comms. However, there are local news broadcasts, mainly coming from the larger cities. The main news stories on the Dorwin front page are: ~~Council to debate war with Grevet over Sunetland~~ ~~InterGal retreats from frontal assault~~ ~~Bunok takes Province of Nuvekki~~.
A quick search on Rifters bring up a data entry on "Rift Creatures". which are some sort of extradimensional beings, that arrive from a "Rift" of some sort, most likely a dimensional rip, and for some reason, cannot jump out of the local area. They are surprisingly well adapted to your dimension, but contain their appearance in large, slender metallic suits with metallic tentacles to move and manipulate objects, and trade for various resources for a type of material, colloquially named "Ripsteel" that is very light, yet durable. It is one of the main outgoing trades of the area, along with minerals, and slaves, the latter mostly under the table. The Rifters are also very pushy, and have been known to wreck havok on areas that do not fulfill their requests. Luckily, their ships are weak to many types of home dimension weapons, however can still do a great amount of damage to low-tech planets. To this end, the InterGal is establishing a specialized task force to deal with the Rifter threat, although support for the project has been limited, due to the prosperous trade deals locals make with Rifters.

Arica:
You wave at the cashier and go looking for supplies. He considers going to help you, but decides against it, and goes back to looking on his GalTram. Let's see...Notepad with attached pen, canteen, and a large variety of food. Jerky, beans, ham-in-a-can, instant rice cups, instant noodles, fruit cups, canned vegetables, and instant...Nurtz? dinner. How much food do you want?

Kyr(maart3n)

5/8 P, 6 S
-37% Effectiveness

Arica(TorrentHKU)

Bandits:

Bandit 1:

DEAD

Bandit 2:

DEAD

Bandit 3:

6/11 P, 12 S
-45% CE
LEFT BATTLE

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:16 am

> Loot bodies of dead bandits. Take their clothes, too.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next