View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 4382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 ... 293  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Clambering atop Rosa, Eigla waves and yells in the general direction of the truck. Nothing happens for a few moments, but then she notices an indistinct figure emerge from the vehicle, and wave back enthusiastically.

The echoes’ response comes as a barrage of random opinions, like before Rosa had managed to reach an agreement with them. Seems like seeing the mud kings up close really shook them.


Unsure. Is that what we’re becoming? Some sort of, inhuman hivemind?
ME NOT FEAR ANYTHING. BUT OCEAN SPOOKY.
I dunno. Hmm. It didn’t seem that bad - Like, for a giant mud monster, it was pretty pleasant to talk with.
I wanna go skinny dipping, and I hate it.
I wanna go skinny dipping, and I love it!
Can we stick to land for now? I don’t wanna melt...
I mean, you’re kinda molten, just, not mind-wise.
Well yeah, but I’m still me! Some, some level of me, at least. This... Mix of Rosa and fish and somehing else, that I am. I... Don’t wanna lose it.
Hmmmm.



_________________________

Klimt decides to follow Sally from a distance, leaving Malia behind. Emilia, as always, follows him like a shadow.

The pirate Doll hops towards the back of the Rig, occasionally stopping to look at the ocean. Eventually, she finds a secluded area, sits down on top of an empty barrel, and begins taking swigs from a small flask stored between her metal ribs. Klimt feels another poke on the back of his neck.


Peggy: ”Hey, uh. I, thought I should let you know. Please don’t be mad, but-

She’s still in here. The french ♥♥♥♥♥, I mean. Not all of her, but... Yeah.”



_______________________


Malia notices a slight change in Kelly’s face, a barely perceptible furrowing of her brow.

Kelly: ”...They’re late with their half-hour SOS signal. All the last ones happened within... 2 minutes and 38 seconds of the arranged time, but it’s been over, four minutes now. They, should still have plenty of flares left, I checked the cargo records. Hm.


Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
I don't know how much you can feel it, but there is a... longing, to return to the sea. And my flesh crawls at the water's touch, under this armor. It wants out. I don't like it.
I dread the idea of swimming in this body tremendously.
But, the compulsions are under control, for now. Whatever drives these mud kings, either they themselves desire it, or I don't feel the urge nearly as powerfully.

> Ah good, they live. Approach.


Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3794
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Enough that you think you can win?"


Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10490
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Remain in view as Rosa approaches. Once we're close enough, hop on to the sea wall (or hard ground that leads up to it?) and approach by foot.


Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Best to assume the worst."


Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


The echoes discuss among themselves for a moment, before one is chosen to communicate their answer.

The creature did not recognise you at first, this time. Hm.
Maybe awakening your smaller body brought you back from the edge, a bit. Or it could have been caused by Sally's modifications. It's hard to know for sure. We hear the Song as much as you do.



Rosa approaches the seawall, clambering up the hill to reach the upper level, though the jagged terrain blocks her view of the vehicle for a moment. Finally, once they're close enough, Eigla dismounts and begins to approach on foot.

The vehicle is what seems to be an old truck, converted into an APC by being covered in rusty metal plates. A machinegun mount sits on the roof, currently unmanned. There's no sign of the waving figure.

Hm. The APC is sitting right on the edge of the seawall, partly on top of the safety rail, and skidmarks lead to its position. Did they crash?



_____________________________________

There is a pause before Peggy answers. Klimt feels Emilia tensing up behind him.


Peggy: "...For now, at least.

She was really dumb, for someone so smart. Grew too fast, spread herself thin. When you chopped my body off, those parts were mostly hers. So I gained the upper hand.
♥♥♥♥, I hope I did and she's not just letting me grow confident before striking again. Oh ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ I bet she is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anyways, uh. Don't, let your guard down, I guess."



_____________________________________


Kelly notices Malia's presence, then nods.

"So, either the kings really are attacking, or the meatblob got to them. I, am not sure which is worse. I'll have the gunners load up incendiary shells, in any case."


Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Hello?"
> Knock on the APC if nobody appears. I can lift it off the rail I think, but that would be rude with people still inside it.


Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3794
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"If, God forbid, she resurges in full, I'll once again do what I have to do."


Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10490
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Look over the edge, see if anyone fell over. Use Vines/Crawling Flesh to hold on to the rail if someone tries to push/pull me over.


Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Watch.


Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


Klimt feels Peggy's lumpy body shivering against his back.

Peggy: "P-please do. Oh. And uhm. I think, I might be a heretic now. I keep thinking of chewing on my hands. Or your hands. Or anyone's really.

...It just gets better and better, doesn't it?"



He then notices Sally take a small radio from her ribcage, and speak hurriedly into it, though he's too far away to make out the words. She then gets up from her perch, walking past him with a determined expression on her face.

Sally: "Thanks, landlubber. Ye made me see things fer' wha' they arr."


_________________________


Malia watches the defense preparations continue for a few minutes, until she notices a slight change in tone. Seems like there are more of Sally's nautical crew congregating in the courtyard now, almost outnumbering Kelly's faceless engineers and cyborg dolls. Several vehicles are being brought in as well, from armored buggys to the great stilt-walker she'd seen when first arriving at the Rig.

Interesting.



_________________________


Rosa knocks on the side of the APC, her voice echoing distortedly out of her larger mouth. There is no answer, other than vague grinding and creaking sounds. It might just be her imagination, but it looks as if the vehicle is being pulled ever so slightly towards the edge, as if gravity was hitting it at an angle.


Eigla approaches the rusted railing, looking over the edge.

Hey, look, it's Rosa's face. Except, several meters wide, protruding out from a large, misshapen mass of Flesh. Its skin is made of a thousand partially melted figures, clinging onto the cliff face with countless talon-like fingers. An armored Doll with striped clothes hangs limply from a tentacle, having served its role of puppet.

"Eigla. I knew, I recognised your voice.

Where is she?"


Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10490
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Recall my memories of my old life, spending time with the Rosa I knew, her death, and my acceptance of this new Rosa.

Pull off my Hand and chuck it into RosaBlob's mouth.

Turn around and rapidly board RosaShark


"Meatblob is here runrunrunrun"


Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:26 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> What. ♥♥♥♥.
Grab Eigla. Run.

If any of you can take control of my guns and slow down the blob without stopping my run, now would be a good opportunity.
Hum a hum. Or, a screech. A warning to any with the ears. The demon is here.


Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Where are the others? We need to start preparing on our own.


Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3794
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"I'll find you food if you hold onto your mind."

>Call out.

"Sally? Can I help?"


Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 ... 293  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.025s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]