View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
> Same as before.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Molly snaps her fingers excitedly.

Molly: "Oh, right! Rosa! THAT was her name - Your, name, I mean! I knew I'd remember it eventually. Hold on let me write it down- Where did I put my notebook... Rosa, dear, please take note of your name for me. I need to remember not to forget it!

And this - Well, I'm not dissecting per se, this is more of a... I would call it, refinement process? Regrowing a Pattern from fragments. You start with some lightly patterned flesh; I usually keep zombies or Dolls in sensory deprivation for a few months, makes them nice and blank. Then you add the Pattern you want to recover, and let it spread through a handful of the the new tissue. When it's converted, you add that to a larger blank part, and so on and so forth, until you have a replica of the original organism! Quite clever, don't you think?

This one's a bit more complicated, though, because there's a contaminant Pattern in it. Thankfully, this core Pattern spreads faster than the invasive one, so I can just cut the limbs, discard the main body, and use the extremities in the next growth cycle. Uses up a bit more material, but I expect to reach nearly undetectable levels of contamination in a few weeks!"

She happily pats the creature, manipulators sinking into its spongy flesh.

Curie cries softly as Klimt's arms surround her. After several minutes together, she closes her eyes, seemingly asleep.

The lights in the room dim, and the walls begin to dissolve into nothingness. Seems like your time here is ending.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Hm. Somewhat, worrying.
What, pattern are you regrowing?"
> Make note of my name.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:38 am
Profile WWW

>Rise into the waking world...

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:44 am

EVENTS:

Rosa takes out her notebook, and carefully writes down her own name.

Rosa's name is Rosa (Don't forget!!!!!)
P.S. I am Rosa

Molly: "Oh, yours! It was the most interesting one available, and the growth rates were quite promising."

Klimt lets himself fall into the void as well, sleeping to awaken somewhere else.

Klimt... Klimt.

Klimt.

Emilia: "KLIMT! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

He lets his eyes flow back into their sockets, as his steel skeleton reassembles itself in her hands. She slaps his cheek, bruising her bleeding fingers against the nude bone.

Emilia: "Klimt! Talk to me! Can you hear me?"

Looking around, he finds himself in the corridor outside his room, the door sitting ajar with a broken handle. His body suddenly ends just below his midriff, melting into long tendrils that connect him to a pulsating mass of tentacles and brain matter, that occupies nearly half of the available floor space.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Blink.
Blink blink.
Keep face calm.

"You did what."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:14 am
Profile WWW

> Stand by Rosa. Look at the, "new Rosa".

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:17 am

>Freeze up. Assess the situation.

"Emilia! The melding... You're in danger, don't expose yourself to this! Curie has lost control of her tendrils, much like I did. I need to find a way to disentangle ourselves and bring her to consciousness.

Although... that warning came too late to prevent you from getting in here to reconstruct me. Brave girl."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 am

EVENTS:

Rosa does her best to keep her composure, but a deep, angry hiss escapes from between Megarosa's gritted teeth. Molly doesn't seem to notice, and continues to cut the body's limbs, then unceremoniously deposits its torso in a large metal tub.

Molly: "Hm? I didn't do much. I guess you could say I'm in the process of doing it? Making a copy of you - Well technically not a copy - wait no it IS a copy, except a copy of one half of her. What should I call it? Maybe, a halfcopy? Halfopy? Rosa, please write that down - 'decide on a name for a copy of half of a thing' - Though, later I will work on a copy of the other half - Do two halfopies make an Opy? Hmmmm.

At any rate! I intend on doing it to all of you, eventually. What better way to learn about your patterns? Plus I don't need to worry about messing up and breaking you, I can just grow another."

Eigla ogles the molten body. It's... It doesn't look like Rosa, not yet, but there's a vague resemblance. Its spongy skin seems vaguely mudman-ish, and there's wisps of white hair starting to sprout from its skull. The chopped-off limbs look much more human, more... Delicate.

Emilia looks away, biting her lip as she continues to pull Klimt away from Curie's overgrown form. A few bones break away from their cerebral prison, and he feels his legs starting to reform as well.

Emilia: "I can't let you be hurt. Not after we've come this far."

Klimt assesses the situation. The brainmass wriggles and makes wet sounds, sending tendrils and feelers in every direction. It's not nearly as sudden or violent as when it happened to him, but it seems to be slowly, steadily expanding.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:09 am
Profile WWW

"I appreciate your commitment to the mission.

Last time this happened you were able to find my head reformed somewhere in all of the mess. And Rosa was once able to defuse Curie by talking to her, I think. We need to get looking as soon as I'm free."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 am
Loose Canon

".......unacceptable.
Unacceptable unacceptable unacceptable unacceptable unacceptable.
There is one Rosa. There can only, must only be one Rosa. Splinters live a damned existence, I will not allow it. None of myself will suffer that.

I am taking the shards you've produced. You will delete any remnants of my pattern you have, and never create another of me ever again."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Molly looks slightly confused.

Molly: "But, they're not yourself? Would you rather I experiment on you? I, that wouldn't work, you have to be out there fighting the meatblob, don't you? Then I'd just stay here doing nothing which seems, counterproductive."

She points at the tub with the cut-off torso, and you realise it's full of discarded Rosa body parts, including a few heads.

Molly: "Plus, I even asked her. She said it was okay!"

Emilia nods, pulling on Klimt's legs to try and extract all his tendrils from Curie.

Emilia: "Yes, but - Be careful. When I put my hands in there to pull you out, it was like they were on fire. She's rejecting your body."

Klimt's foot finally pulls free, but something is brought out with it. A pair of Curie's eyeless back-faces, half submerged in the quivering mass, brain fluid leaking from their mouths as they speak.

Curie: "Klimt? Are you there? Did I hurt you? Are you okay?"

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"What."
> Bathtub.
Rosas. Talk to them.

"What is this."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

"I'm fine, we just need to get properly untangled without doing either of us damage. Curie, can you see any part of your body? That should tell us where your eyes are. And be careful around Emilia. She's helping us get sorted."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:13 pm

> Stand by.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 298  Next