View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Nechronica
"Hm."
> Fire a test shot into the water a bit away.
Once the driving starts, follow.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa loads her sniper, and fires a shot into the water. No response, other than scaring away a few of the tentacles.

The party piles onto the damaged truck, and Peggy starts driving away, while the sharkgirl slithers a short distance behind.

---

A grey, damp dawn arrives. Everyone's still a bit on edge after their encounter with the Pillar Man, but at least the night was calm. Curie sits by Klimt, carefully cleaning his coat, while Emilia sleeps off her injuries, stomach covered in bandages. Peggy looks blankly at the horizon, while Eigla tries to keep warm despite the northern winds that hit her through the broken windshield.

Rosa notices she's starting to fall behind. The rough concrete road has left a series of scuffs and scratches on her underbelly, and she's having to slow down to make the pain manageable.

The unchanging cityscape has slowly grown more sparse, and the seawall ever more damaged. In the distance, you see buildings lying on their sides, as if entirely toppled by some gigantic impact.

The cracked concrete road gives way to a makeshift ramp made of riveted metal plates, climbing almost a hundred meters to try and conquer a sudden, sheer cliff in your path. The truck struggles along, Peggy shifting into a lower gear to try and get some grip onto the wet steel. Engine temperature begins rising, climbing dangerously close to the red section of the meter.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Help push the truck. I certainly don't mind slowing down a bit.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:34 am
Profile WWW

>Call out.

"We should stop to give the engine a break, we can't let it die on that rickety ramp!"

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 am

> Use the Mutation Part. Vines.

Get out. Crawling Flesh and Vines. Push the truck forward.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 am

> Pushing a car is a lot of work. If there's enough room that I don't have to squeeze in to help push, then I guess I have to. Walk alongside if not.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:27 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Eigla takes the mutating material from her coffin. It bubbles and sways amorphously, even as she opens a large gash into her belly to insert it, flowing over her thick layer of maggots. It needs a pattern, it seems.

She finds the seedling in her pocket, and holds it in her hand, trying to sense what makes it tick. Indeed, there's something there, deep beneath the wooden surface. She copies part of it into her mind, trying to make an impression on the newly injected stem cells.

Peggy yelps in surprise as vines burst forth from Eigla's stomach, quickly entangling most of the cabin. The shieldmaiden seems to have reverted into her goo form, only a few floating bones giving away her once-human nature as she oozes out the door.

Rosa, who'd been trying to push the truck forwards along with Malia, Peggy and Curie, looks in surprise as a huge protozoarian-like mass flows down the road, forming a myriad plant-like vines and amorphous prosbocises to grab the sides of the vehicle. Maggots swim within its translucid form as it pulsates and glows, feeding upon the moss that grows on its back, then excreting hard, bark-like plates, eventually forming a sort of exoskeleton to aid its efforts.

It's quite impressive. She'd yet to see Eigla in full goo form after her recent upgrades. She looks... More advanced, somehow. Like an entire ecosystem thrived within her, powered by undeath instead of photosynthesis.

Aided by the two giants, the group manages to slowly push the truck up the ramp, finally reaching the top of the cliff. From here, it's relatively easy to survey the surrounding terrain, despite the thick fog that approaches from the west.

A huge mud flat lies before you, pockmarked by the ruins of once-great skyscrapers, and the rusting husks of hundreds of old ships, from tiny tugboats to gargantuan oil tankers. To your left, you see the crashing waves if the ocean, bringing forth huge oil slicks that wash over the desolate terrain and flood the winding road. The area smells quite repugnant, like a mix of old fish, brine and burnt diesel.

Far to the north, you see something moving in a repetitive pattern, though it's hard to discern through the haze.

Peggy: "Phew, that was uh, kind of close. I think we should stop for a little while, eat something while the engine cools down."

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 am
Profile WWW

> Back to Shieldmaiden form. Get some food for Rosa and myself.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 am

> Follow Eigla and see what she does.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 am
Profile WWW

>Find some grub, check on Curie and keep watch on the northern movements.

"How are you holding up? The influence of the pillar creature was hard on all of us."

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 pm
Loose Canon

"Yes. Let my body recover.
Ow."

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Eigla reverts to her usual form, though the effects of her recent transformation are plain to see. Aside from looking a bit taller and more heavily built due to the added Flesh, her skin is cracked in a several places, with wriggling vines and maggots poking through the porcelain-like plates. A few leaves and patches of moss can be seen through tears in her clothing, leaving Rosa to wonder how she looks under it.

The shieldmaiden finds a small oil burner amid the chaos of the cargo bay, and starts cooking a broth with their few remaining pieces of fresh meat and vegetables. There's still enouh dried food for quite some time, but the invigorating effect of succulent, juicy morsels of animal muscle will be sorely missed.

Half an hour later, the soup is about ready. Peggy and Emilia are the first to grab a bowl to eat, followed shortly by Klimt, who sits down by Curie, inquiring about her mental state.

Curie: "Unit does not seem to have suffered any permanent damage, though a few of my processing cores are still reporting errors.

That creature, or war machine, whatever it may be, was radiating a wide spectrum of electromagnetic, luminescent and infrasound signals, seemingly causing psychic disturbances. Analysis and decryption are still underway, but I theorize that it might have been trying to overload our pattern interfaces"

The repetitive movements to the north continue. Straining his eyes, Klimt can see several slowly spinning objects, regularly spaced across the landscape.

Eigla grabs a bowl for herself, then a rather large bucket fo Rosa. Should be a good time to make conversation and try to unwind.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:00 am
Profile WWW

> Feed Rosa. Take bites from my own food while Rosa is chewing.

"Maybe the Pillar Man will take out the meatblob. That'll save us a lot of trouble."

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 am
Loose Canon

"I dearly hope so.
The blob may not have much defense against rain. Though, it may also be able to morph a shark skin like mine.
Well, I think even the blob would die if it was stepped on. Maybe.

You are changing as well. Though, not as extremely as I have been.
Hm. Maggots and vines. New growth.
I feel a mighty oak fits you better, but as I am evidence of, we do not choose our themes."

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:34 am
Profile WWW

> Observe from a distance.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 298  Next