View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
Peggy: "To steal his wallet. Uh. This was, before the war. He tried to pull a shiv on me, but I was faster!"

She looks proud, then selfconscious.

Peggy: "Look, I've been through some ♥♥♥♥. I-I won't make excuses."

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am
Profile WWW

> Look around for large, flat or somewhat flat stones and grab those. Head back to the house. Search for tools - saws, blades, axes, hammers. See if there are any loose bricks, too, that aren't being used for anything structural or functional.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. Okay."
> Go check on Klimt and Peggy.
Then go check on Eigla.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 am
Profile WWW

"We are dead. As far as I can tell we are already in Hell. I think there is nothing really left to make excuses for."

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 am

EVENTS:

Eigla finds a reasonably large, flat rock, and lugs it back to the house. Loose bricks are not hard to come by, either, but she's not sure where tools would be kept. Mary notices her as she searches for them around the house.

Mary: "Anything you need, dear? Dinner's almost ready."

Peggy looks down, then shrugs.

Peggy: "I guess you're right. I do feel bad for leaving Smash to die, though. He was a bumbling idiot, but the closest thing to a willing ally I ever had."

Rosa walks out of the house, watching the two talk, then comes back in to see Eigla and Mary together. Emilia is... Oh, there she is, following the sheep around and imitating their bleats.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 am
Profile WWW

"Tools like saws, axes, hammers, shovels, and the like. I want to cut down some trees to build fencing for an expanded garden."

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:48 am

"Was he a savant-type?"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 am

EVENTS:

Eigla: "Tools like saws, axes, hammers, shovels, and the like. I want to cut down some trees to build fencing for an expanded garden."

Mary: "Feeling industrous, are we? I'm glad to see you're so eager to help!

That said, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I'm quite lacking in that regard. You see, the only tools I own were the ones that were originally in the truck. Shears, hoof clippers, files and knives... I've made a stone hammer or two to help me get the wall together, but metal is quite hard to come by around here.

Though... I've had visitors before, who mentioned there was an old lumber mill in the forest. I imagine there'd be something useful there, though it'd be quite dangerous to go so deep into the woods."

Klimt: "Was he a savant-type?"

Peggy: "A sav-what? He was uh, pretty slow in the head, if that's what you mean. I mean, torso. No head to speak of."

Mary: "All right then, dinner's ready! Go on, don't be shy, there's plenty for everyone."

She hands each of you a wooden plate with a few roasted vegetables, and a slice of hard, tacky cheese, as well as a cup of freshy-squeezed sheep's milk.

You can see she put a lot of effort into it, and there's even some sort of spice sprinkled on top of the food, but the taste is... Very lackluster. Filling, but- It somehow lacks the, sensuous, appeal of raw meat. Mary seems to notice your mild frowns, and simply smiles.

Mary: "Takes some getting used to, doesn't it? I'm not quite sure why the necromancers made us carnivores in the first place, but there you have it. The taste grows on you, I promise!"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

> Remember I still have the radiohead in my coffin. Remove her and set her somewhere safe but visible for now.

Sit down at the table and begin digging in - it might not be the tastiest, but it's easily sustainable food.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:56 pm

>Pick up on the scent of food.
"I will run in and bring you something. Back in a moment."

>Get a few vegetables, some cheese and milk. Eat a reasonable amount, leave enough for Peggy.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 pm

EVENTS:

Mary's house seems to lack a dining table, or chairs - Makes sense, it'd be hard to sit on one while riding a ram. So instead, Eigla sits in a small pile of furs, and chows down on her dinner. Bland, but acceptable. A lot less messy than fresh crows, that's for sure.

Rosa and Emilia seem to be eating as well, though their blank faces betray a certain lack of enjoyment.

Klimt: "I will run in and bring you something. Back in a moment."

He eats half his dish, then brings the other half outside. Peggy grabs a pair of dead rats from her rucksack, and they share the crunchy meat as well. It's... Enjoyable, in a way. Eating together calmly, not having to worry about being ambushed or turning on one another.

After everyone is done, Mary scrapes the plates with a spatula, putting any leftovers in a small compost pile. She grabs a few rustic wool blankets, giving one to each party member.

Mary: "Well, I tend to sleep early. Feel free to distract yourselves, but please don't leave the house. It's going to rain tonight, and the wolves are very active this time of the year. Good night!"

Extinguishing her lantern, she walks over to a small straw pile on a corner of the room, lets her ram crouch down upon it, then closes her eyes, still sitting in the saddle. It's... Probably the strangest way you've ever seen someone sleep, and that includes Emilia.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

>Are we out of the way of the elements?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 pm

> Remove radiohead from coffin. Tie her hands/legs with whatever rope is available.

What time of day is it?

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:02 am
Loose Canon

> Look around for something to lay down on or sit against. And if there are any tarps or something around for Klimt and his waifu.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Klimt checks if he and Peggy will be safe for the night. There's a small, slanted tarp roof over their heads, so at least the drizzle shouldn't get them too wet. If push comes to shove, he could always shield himself from the rain using her body, or vice versa.

Eigla removes the radiohead from her coffin, ties her arms and legs with scraps from the leather bundle, then neatly places her on a cupboard.

It is almost night, with the last wisps of sunlight fading over the horizon.

Rosa takes her blanket and lies against Emilia, who's already sleeping in her usual kneeling position. Klimt and peggy got most of the leather bundle, so they should have enough cover for the night.

Mary seems already asleep, breathing softly and making barely audible sheep noises.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 298  Next