View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
>Put an arm around Emilia.

"You are very kind... thank you for being here. Remember that I would go through Hell for you, too, if asked. You say you won't let anything bad happen to me, and I believe you, that you would give your all to try to stop it. But I want you to be prepared to let go, if I also lose it. We see now that anyone can die.

Let us help the others. We need to leave this horrible place."

>Secure Peggy's remains in something like a crate lined with a waterproof tarp, fill it with the neutral insect gel, then get to work constructing the wagon.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 am
Loose Canon

Protip keb: put the Peggy bits into a small tank of bug gel to give her more brain to grow into and work with.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Emilia hugs Klimt back, then helps him find a suitable container for the remains. Filling an empty water barrel with bug gel, they carefully submerge Peggy's pieces, and load them back in the truck. Afterwards, the party comes together to build some sort of wagon.

Well, it took a while, but it's done. A crude trailer of metal plates and pipes, resting on a pair of spare wheels from the truck, and fastened to the back of the vehicle with a thick bundle of Malia's threads.

Rosa climbs on, and the structure buckles and creaks under her colossal weight, but thankfully doesn't break.

Hopefully you should be able to continue onwards at a reasonable pace, now. Though, someone else will have to drive the truck, considering Peggy's state.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 am
Profile WWW

> Do the drive

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 am

>Board for the journey.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 am
Loose Canon

> Help propel wagon if possible.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:09 am
Profile WWW

> All aboard.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

For a couple of hours the truck drives downhill, occasionally grinding to a halt as Eigla fails to switch gears. Rosa tries her best not to mind the bumpy ride, using her feet to push the wagon along over any bumps in the road.

It is good that there is a road, at least - As you reach the coastal flats, the terrain turns into a soggy, oily mess of sand and mud, and the heavy truck would have no chance of crossing it. Even on foot, the shifting pathways would prove treacherous.

Initially you wonder why the windmills abruptly stop, in the distance, until you notice the hundreds of bulbous, slowly shifting forms along the landscape - Mud kings, an entire army of them. Whoever built this infrastructure must've been very careful to steer clear of their feeding grounds.

Eventually, the party reaches the treshold of the mills - A low wall of concrete blocks, apparently devoid of guard posts. The energy-collecting machines are even taller viewed up close, and their poorly-oiled gears fill the air with a pervasive cacophony of screeches and whistles. Some are connected to thick cables that disappear into the mud, while others directly drive large pumpjacks, collecting black liquid from deep underground. The mist has yet to recede, and it's hard to see much farther down the road.

Inside the cargo bay, Emilia perks up, then holds a hand to her ear.

Emilia: "...I'm hearing, a transmission of some sort. Not, not a control signal, just a radio message. Let me try and- Okay.

It's a girl's voice. It's saying - 'In one of the convoy trucks, yeah. Just like she said. There's... I can see someone in the cab, don't know about the cargo bay. They're carrying some sorta trailer,
though, with a - It's hard to say, I think it's a siege engine of sorts? Yeah, a bit smaller than the stevedores, but it's full of guns. I think we should shoot them first!

...Okay, fine, whatever you say. I'll keep watching. No, they're going real slow, you should have -'

Ahem. There's a bit too much static to keep listening. I don't think they're going to shoot us right now, whoever they are. But, we might do well to be careful."

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:23 am
Profile WWW

> Is there a radio in here? If so, see if we can broadcast on all bands,
else pick one that looks like it's for emergency communication or whatever the heck.

"This is the convoy - we come in peace, and would like to request medical aid and supplies. There's also giant meat blob monster heading this way and we would like to cooperate with you in stopping it."

> If no radio -

"Someone get out and wave to them or something so they don't think we're hostile."

Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:58 am
Loose Canon

> Wave.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 am
Profile WWW

> Get outside and scan the area. Locate threats.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:06 am
Profile WWW

"You think Desiree regained control back at the factory and radioed ahead?"

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:20 am

"Maybe. Or just had Chiaki help her radio in."

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:44 am

"Why... would Chiaki give us away?"

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 am
Loose Canon

"Possibly unit Chiaki alerted the Triplets Rig to our unusual arrival, to prevent overt hostilities when an unexpected and unusual cargo truck appeared.

Designation Priestess also had broadcast capabilities."

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 298  Next