View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
>♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥. *That's* Peggy. Is there any gel left to immerse her in?

"Let go! You're hurting yourself, you shouldn't be straining your body!"

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:28 am

EVENTS:

Rosa quickly sets to work on reattaching the head. In a few moments, the main arteries are connected once again, and her memories begin to synchronize. A wave of contentment and, almost exhilaration, begins to wash over her. Whole, once again, as she should be. A warm, pleasant feeling lingers on her body for several seconds, before slowly subsiding.

The Echoes remain in an uneasy silence, until one gathers enough courage to speak.

...Let's hope so.

Outside, the storm intensifies, strong winds rattling the heavy metal doors. Seems like you won't be leaving the hangar tonight.

Meanwhile, the hands don't let go of Klimt's ankle - If anything, they tighten their grip even more. As he instinctively tries to pull away, he drags the llimbs' owner from under the bed, the rusty metal frame grinding against the floor with an unpleasant screech.

Almost entirely skinless, the creature is about the size of a large dog, and covered in pulsating, bleeding muscles. A series of deformed arms jut out of its pear-shaped body at random angles, scratching at the scabs and teeth that pockmark its backside. A spinal cords drags on the floor behind it like a tail, sporting half a head on its end, eyes and jaw connected to a brain-like mass only by dangling nerves and muscles.

Another pair of hands grabs his leg, and the abomination pulls itself ever closer.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

You're all having second thoughts now. Even I can tell.
*sigh*
I do not know what to do. Ideally, we would have all started sharing memories and sensations properly upon linking. But, none of you have so far, and I am unsure if I can do so gracefully. Maybe that's because of my unique cell structure. Unfortunate. Regardless.
For now, I need to... to think on it. I won't push anything upon you. Any of you.

I just, have a question. What would you do, without Eigla?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

> Rosa seems worried. Keep watching her.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 am

>Conversation check.

"Peggy. Peggy! Are you in there? I know something is alive in there, but can you hear me? I couldn't save you, God damn me, but I loved you and I need you to heal!"

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 am

EVENTS:

Rosa feels the Echoes stir, talking atop one another. Seems like they agree on something!

A shield needs a sword, and vice versa.
Without her? Rot, and be forgotten.
I don't care what happens to me. As long she's safe, that's all that matters.
Avenge her, or die again trying. If she's not with us, it must mean she's been destroyed. She'd never abandon us.
No, never.
She's always with us. Yes.
Yes.
She's ours. Our shield. Our Eigla.
EIGLA.
Forever.

Considering, how we're apparently all agreeing on this, I think this must be a pretty strong part of your memories. Hm. You really like her, don't you, Main Rosa?
Oh, good thinking, Smart Rosa! You're so good at noticing things!
Aw, it was nothing. Praise me more though, Awestruck Rosa.
Are we coming up with names now? Can I be-
BOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF YELLING ROSA, LOWERCASE PEASANTS
...Why couldn't SHE have been the one absorbed?

Klimt, surprisingly, does not fight the abomination attached to his leg. Instead, he lets out a desperate plea, attempting to contact whatever humanity might be left in Peggy. Still, her many hands continue to pull on his leg, each spiderlike finger leaving a series as of bruises they crawl their way up his shin, holding with such force that their own bones begin to snap and detach.

The creature finally manages to wrestle him down, and bodily slams itself against his foot, folds of putrid Flesh enveloping his extremity like quicksand. Blood and bile squirt from the wound, filling the air with a revolting stench. He clenches his teeth, awaiting the inevitable pain of having a limb absorbed while still attached.

Except, it never comes. The monster seems to calm down after stabbing itself with his foot, and he feels its grip loosen. In fact - In a strange, jerky way, it seems to be petting his leg, running its myriad fingers against his knees, while slowly breathing through its unformed throat. There seems to be something in its dangling eyeballs, where once only unconscious panic could be seen. Perhaps, a wisp of understanding?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Small smile.
She is my other half.
Hm. A bittersweet response. Thankfully, you all still hold to my core tenants. At our core, we are all Rosa. Good.
Unfortunately, that rules out the option of extracting you, forming a new body as an amalgamate, and going our separate ways.

"Diplomacy with my parts is, an odd process. But, I think it goes well. Maybe."

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile WWW

>Steel my stomach. Pick it - her - up and cradle her gently. I need to find a new nutrient bath, something, anything. There must be such supplies somewhere around this complex. And where the hell is Emilia?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 am

"What are they saying?"

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 am
Loose Canon

"Mm... Well, they were justifiably upset and cautious after I, overrode the head.
But I seem to have found common ground we can agree on, in the form of you.

They are all... different, from me. Odd, with their own quirks. A different mind, echoing Rosa. Yet, they still all hold true to the core tenants that make up Me.
Well. The most important one, at least."

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:19 am
Profile WWW

"I see.

Have you agreed on a course of action yet?"

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:05 am
Loose Canon

"No, unfortunately.
They don't want to die, and I don't want to kill them. Remodeling them into parts could have, very bad effects.
Splitting them into a new body entirely isn't an option.

I'm, not sure. For now, they will just stay attached. Maybe opportunity will present its-
Hm. Gunners? Linked weapon intelligences? Drone systems?
Hm."

Hm?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 am
Profile WWW

"Hm?"

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:21 am
Loose Canon

"I may have a satisfactory idea.
Full absorption is, undesired. However, with enough Flesh and spare parts, they could be converted into semi-independent intelligent units. Drones, spotters, gunners.
With connection hardpoints on my large body, similar to Mary and her ram, to connect and sync during down time."

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:57 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

There is a pause, as the Echoes talk among themselves.

Hm.
Hmmm.
Hm.
The way I see it - We already drew the short straw, one way or the other. We can't bear to be apart, and we can't become one without ceasing to, well, *be*.
So. Becoming mobile would be an improvement. While you're in control of this body, we're little more than prisoners to it. If partial separation is the price to pay to fix that... I can live with it.

Makes sense.
Yeah.
AGREED.

Meanwhile, Klimt gently grabs Peggy off the floor, trying his best to ignore the stench of ammonia and bile, and the innards that threaten to fall down onto him. Emilia should still be asleep in the other room, maybe Kelly or Molly could supply him with-

Pat pat.

He pauses, trying to process the unfamiliar sensation. A tumorous, deformed arm seems to be giving him... headpats. At the same time, several of the fractal hands make weak thumbs-up signs, while others wrap around him in a boneless hug.
That's, unexpected.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 298  Next