View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
"Damn it all. I hope she doesn't have friends."

>Can any part of her gun be salvaged?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 am

EVENTS:

Rosa: "Oh. Hm.
She escaped. I was afraid that might happen."

Eigla: "Hopefully we never see her again, or if we do, we kill her for good."

Rosa: "Well. I shot her big gun. So she won't have that for, a bit."

Klimt: "Damn it all. I hope she doesn't have friends."

You all move to harvest any valuables left behind by your assailants. Three Flesh, in total. Far too little, considering what you'd been through to acquire it, but it could be worse.

Klimt tries to find Baghead's gun, but it seems to have also disappeared. All that remains next to the exploded remains of her head is a small pile of broken glass and metal from the scope Rosa had shot.

The busywork distracts you from your troubles, and the party focuses on the things they care about the most. Rosa absentmindedly plays with the ring on her necklace, Eigla flips her folding trowel around in her hand, and Klimt feeds tiny scraps of crow meat to his gecko. Everyone loses a point of Madness.

A light drizzle starts falling, and the party retreats to the cover of the dead tree. You have 3 Flesh remaining, while Eigla and Rosa have two Coffin charges each. What will you repair?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Notice Klimt has a gecko.
ADORABLE.
Look very closely and very gently at it. Extend finger carefully to pat it's head.

"Klimt. Where did you find this."

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

> Repair Voice Effect and Entrails.

Notice Rosa paying attention to gecko and NOT ME

Conversation Check:

"That's a neat lizard Klimt! I wonder if you can clean your eyes with your snakes the same way it cleans its eyes with its tongue!"

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm

>Offer my gecko for petting.

"It must have crawled into my clothes through a crack in the pod. I woke up with the creature hanging around.

I think I can clean my eyes sufficiently with water, but thank you for the suggestion... I would rather not smear blood on them anyway."

>Look down and realize that I have no intestines.

"Oh my God. I lost all my guts.

Your coffins still can't make anything for me?"

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 pm
Loose Canon

"Mine can. I am also missing my entrails."

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

"If you could... make some, reserve some for yourself obviously, and then give some to me...

I would be grateful."

>Use some Flesh to fix my spine.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 pm
Loose Canon

"Mm."
> Produce two Entrails with coffin. Give one portion to Klimt, fix myself up with the other.
"Keep your Gecko warm."

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa gingerly pets the gecko's head. It seems to smile at this, though it's hard to tell with its reptilian mouth.

Rosa: "Klimt. Where did you find this."

Klimt: "It must have crawled into my clothes through a crack in the pod. I woke up with the creature hanging around.

Eigla: "That's a neat lizard Klimt! I wonder if you can clean your eyes with your snakes the same way it cleans its eyes with its tongue!"

The shieldmaiden's passive agressiveness is not lost on Klimt. He rolls his eyes before answering.

Klimt: I think I can clean my eyes sufficiently with water, but thank you for the suggestion... I would rather not smear blood on them anyway."

He feels ever so slightly hungry, then looks down to see a large portion of his abdomen is missing. So that's why!

Klimt: "Oh my God. I lost all my guts.

Your coffins still can't make anything for me?"

Rosa: "Mine can. I am also missing my entrails."

Klimt: "If you could... make some, reserve some for yourself obviously, and then give some to me...

I would be grateful."

Rosa has already reached into her coffin, offering Klimt a fresh batch of assorted organs.

Rosa: "Keep your Gecko warm."

Everyone starts taking care of their personal injuries.
Rosa lifts her torso's skin like an overly tight tank top, slowly stuffing her abdominal cavity with the over 20 feet of intestines her coffin had produced. She feels a bit bloated afterwards, but at least all the little tubes seem to have connected properly.

Eigla's coffin produces a small, partially organic voicebox. Eigla uses her knife to dig the old, broken one out of her throat, then inserts its replacement. A couple of internal organs are also manufactured, and neatly fit inside her belly.

Klimt attempts to repair himself with the organs Rosa had given him. Strangely enough, instead of adhering straight to their respective blood vessels, like they'd done to Rosa, they start to burn his exposed flesh, then immediately rot in his hands. What the hell?

Sighing, he flays the Lurker's corpse, taking its skin to replace what had been burned off by Smash's vomit, complete with the nerve terminations around his spine. The body also has some rather good guts, so he takes them to replace Rosa's rejected ones. Stitching the skin over his torso with small tendrils, he realises he looks rather patchwork-y, now. Rather fitting, for one of the undead.

You have 1 Flesh left.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile WWW

"Shall we get moving again? At least a short distance. Although it is dark... The fight, and Emilia's scream, might have attracted attention."

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 am
Loose Canon

"It's raining. I don't like the rain.
Anything that heard is probably taking shelter too. Unless they're crazy.
Hm.
That girl may be coming then.
Yes, we should move."

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 am
Profile WWW

> Follow the group if we leave. Stay close to Rosa.

Very close.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 am
Loose Canon

> Grip Eigla's sleeve as we go. As long as it doesn't expose me to the rain.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:06 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Klimt: "Shall we get moving again? At least a short distance. Although it is dark... The fight, and Emilia's scream, might have attracted attention."

Rosa: "It's raining. I don't like the rain.
Anything that heard is probably taking shelter too. Unless they're crazy.
Hm.
That girl may be coming then.
Yes, we should move."

The group starts walking once again. Rosa tries to gently grip Eigla's sleeve, and the shieldmaiden returns the gesture by glompfing Rosa's arm tightly. It's, not too comfortable, but Rosa decides she'll let it slide this time. It feels safer that way.

For a couple of hours, you walk through the night. The drizzle doesn't get worse, but doesn't stop either. It's not enough to hurt, but it leaves everyone feeling uncomfortable and mildly nauseous.
Rosa manages to hold together surprisingly well, considering her previous experience, but she can see Eigla's movements growing heavier and slower, as the girl continues to cling to her, now more for balance than comfort.
Klimt lags behind the pair a bit, closely followed by Emilia. Their raincoats give them a modicum of dignity, but don't do much to keep them dry. Emilia seems to be almost sleepwalking, occasionally swaying side to side and tripping before resuming her march. Klimt...

Klimt feels hungry. Very hungry, in fact. His entrails were destroyed before he'd managed to finish eating his crow, and now he feels his secondhand stomach growling in protest. He throws a sideways glance at Emilia, absentmindedly muttering to himself.

Klimt: "Hmph. Too scrawny, far too scrawny. Skin and bones, barely a snack. The tall one too, you already ate all the good parts from her. The short one with the black hair, though... She looks a bit more stout. Though it might just be the armor... You should test it, some time..."

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:31 am
Profile WWW

>Speak up, hesitantly.
"We need to find someplace dry. And something, anything, to fill our stomachs. I lost that crow when the girl shot me. I can feel the altered state coming on again."

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 298  Next