View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
> Store my adze (adzes?) in my coffin, head back inside and find Rosa. Snuggle up against her.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

"Good enough for me...

I need to find you a new iron, so you don't have to borrow Rosa's all the time. Something nice."

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm
Loose Canon

"He is.
He's silly. Very serious. Blames himself for things. He doesn't like being undead much. But he's reliable. And cares for us. And for Emilia and Peggy.
He's very nice, when he can be. He ate my chest once. But he was hungry, so it's ok."

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Peggy nods.

Peggy: "Yeah... That shotgun is far too short-ranged for me. I don't wanna get bitten."

Meanwhile, Mary smiles.

Mary: "Well, we all make mistakes every now and then. I'm glad you don't seem to bothered by that. Oh, hello Ei-"

She stops as Eigla quickly walks in and glompfs Rosa, nuzzling against her neck and FIERCELY SNUGGLING against her.

Mary: "...Oh my. I see you're in the mood, aren't you? Well, I'll be nice. You two get the house to yourselves for tonight! If you need me, I'll be outside with Klimt!~"

She walks out, closing the curtain door behind her.

Klimt notices Mary leaving the house and approaching him with a strange, impenetrable expression on her face.

Mary: "Hello there. Enjoying the sunset with your pets? I thought I'd give the girls some privacy. They seem rather... Attached, to one another, don't you think?"

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:40 am
Profile WWW

"Pets?
>Only a quizzical look is appropriate for that.

"Oh, the other girls? Yes, I think...

I think Eigla really craves the feeling that Rosa is safe. She wants her all to herself - she thinks of herself as being Rosa's perfect shield.

And some old memory of mine told me Rosa is my dear friend, but Eigla is always irritated when I am close to her. So I am only her friend at arm's length. In that sense Emilia and Peggy are much closer.

I used to really detest Eigla. But now I see that she has protected me too, even though she hates my guts. I hope I can prove that I deserve to be her friend too.

You left them alone in there? What for?"

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 am

"We're finally in a safe place Rosa. Even if it's for a short while, we should enjoy it! We have the entire house to ourselves, too~!"

> Take this time to indulge in Rosa

But not anything she doesn't want to do! If she's not in the mood, just cuddles are okay.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 am
Loose Canon

> Hm. Not sure why we'd need that, but ok. Cuddles are nice. Eigla's very close lately.
Stroke her hair. Hopefully that's coming back in.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Eigla shuts off the lanterns, enjoying Rosa's touch. She shivers as her hair is pet, and sighs contently as they lie together on Mary's straw bed.

[AUTO MODE - You will wake up at dawn!]

Meanwhile, Mary gives Klimt a warm, almost radiant smile.

Mary: "You really are naive and idealistic, aren't you? It's endearing, really. This world could use more people like you.

The girls, you know... Needed some time with one another."

She makes some sort of indecipherable gesture, as if expecting Klimt to understand it.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:04 am
Profile WWW

>Freeze.

"Wait, they're lovers? How does that work? We're all dead! What's the point?

...are you gonna be out here all night? I appreciate your company."

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 am

EVENTS:

Mary: "My, my. What is the point of love in the first place? We love because we want to love. In fact... A love like this, when there's no future, no hope - Isn't it that much more meaningful?

When all else is long dead, we can only take comfort in one another. Friends, pets, lovers... It's what keeps you sane, in the end.

And- Well, I certainly do appreciate you company as well, very much so. In fact, if you wish-"

She moves closer, her ram kneeling next to Klimt, allowing her to put an arm around his shoulder.

Mary: "I can stay with you as long as you wish-"

Peggy: "Quit hitting on my boss, you disgusting old hag! Just because the girl over there is braindead, doesn't mean *I* don't mind it!"

There is a strange edge to Mary's edge as she speaks again, pointedly ignoring Peggy's protests. She pats her ram's back invitingly.

Mary: "Ahem. So, dear, what do you say? The night is cold, but we could be warm together."

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 am
Profile WWW

"I'm sorry. I know I will have to go, and I don't know when or if I will return.

So I can't do this. It wouldn't be right. I can be here, as a friend. We can tell stories of happier times.

I'm all too aware there is no future and nothing to anticipate. So love from me would be fraud. I don't even know if I wanted to be a savant. This body disgusts me at a level I can't even describe.

I don't mean to offend. Your hospitality has nourished us. We owe you tremendously, and we will fight for you. We will take the sawmill. You are holding onto a little bit of civilization here, and that's a treasure higher than any other."

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 am

EVENTS:

Mary's mouth contorts in a very uncharacteristic pout.

Mary: "I-I didn't mean Love like that... Oh well! No matter. I'm glad you have me in such high regard. Sleeping under the stars is not that bad, either. Good night, Klimt. Good night, Emilia."

Emilia: "M'ila."

Peggy: "...Don't let her kill me in my sleep."

The four of you slowly drift off to sleep in the soft grass. It feels... Not awful.

You all awake with the morning sun. Another chilly day, though at least it's not raining. Mary seems to already have left to let out the sheep.

Time to decide what to do for today!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09 am
Profile WWW

> After giving Rosa a morning cuddle, head outside and begin chopping (using the most crude adze) near the outskirts of the forest. Go for a tree that isn't thicker than my head. Once it's felled, delimb it and drag it closer to the house, maybe 150 feet away. Go back and gather the limbs, place them in a separate pile.

Repeat until noon!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:52 am
Loose Canon

> Assist Eigla.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 am
Profile WWW

"Peggy, do you think you could repair the guns you had earlier if we could somehow loot the right parts?"

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 298  Next