View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 4315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 288  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Not quite.
We are undead because of some, engineered, advanced mold. It permeates our flesh and changes it, lets it live on past the point of death for normal flesh. And also puts our life into every speck of it.
I regrew from a leg once. Literally, from a leg. No brain. Nor organs. Just put my leg to a coffin, and it printed a new body. Memories intact.
Something about the mold makes it, unpalatable for us. We can adapt it to our own bodies and use it for repairs and parts without much issue. But breaking it down has, problems. I am not sure why. I am a sword, not a scientist.
Possibly if we burned the flesh severely, it would be edible. To kill all the undead-ness in it."
> Make a spit to roast the fish on.


Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Examine the fish, assess undead-ness. Consider a taste test.


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4433
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


While Rosa makes a makeshift spit out of broken metal railings, Malia exhamines the fish. She, can't seem to see anything to indicate whether it's undead or not, though her strings don't pick up any thoughts, either. Maybe it's just because it was shot, or it doesn't think in the same way as humans. Hmm.

Carefully digging her fingers into the creature's slimy skin, she tears out a small piece of its meat, and touches it against the tip of her tongue.

SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCH-

Delicious. Fresh and juicy, teeming with energy. Her throat itches, and she has to pinch her corset's lacing to keep it from coming unwound on its own. It seems almost a waste to cook the creature, when it tastes so... Alive.


Meanwhile, Eigla searches for kindling. The upper decks have long been stripped clean by the crashing waves, but there are a few ruined wooden boxes and tarps in the control tower. Covered in fungus and salt creep, but should burn reasonably well.

...Huh. There's a very strong, foul smell of rotting fish coming from below decks. It's too dark to explore without a torch, but she's afraid of igniting any pockets of flammable gas.



Back at the truck, Klimt feigns sleep while his waifus argue. Peggy has seemingly climbed on top of him, much to Curie's displeasure.

Curie: "It's not fair! Klimt should have a proper, corteous girlfriend who respects his personal space!"

Peggy: "Oh, is that all you want? Help him find a good, stable, reliable partner?~"

Curie: "Correct. My intentions are pure."

Peggy: "So, I bet YOU're good, stable and reliable."

Curie: "Of course! I mean- Uhm. Calculating."

Peggy: "Be honest, girl. You're just as base as the rest of us. Isn't that why you pretty yourself up, why you've assembled that caricature of a body? You just want the only boy left in the world to be head over heels for you~"

Curie: "Your argument is faulty. Unit is, not succeptible to such human impulses!"

Peggy: "Oh please, you're such a bad liar! Okay, hold on. I'll give you a free pass. Go ahead, give him a kiss, feel free to go all out! I won't mind, and he won't know you did it, either!~

Let's see how succeptible you really are. It's the opportunity of a lifetime, ma chérie."



There is a long pause, and Klimt feels suddenly, threatened.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10312
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Call out to the others. Move to them if they're out if range. Protect/Defend/Princess [Rosa]/Vines [Hinder]/Crawling Flesh if attacked.

"There's a smell of rotting flesh below the decks. Could be usable Flesh there, or could be dangerous."


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Any openings? I could take a look."


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10312
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Inspect for openings at a safe distance. Standard Defensive Actions if attacked. Report openings to Rosa.


Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3761
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Fly awake.

"Is that Peggy speaking or someone else?"


Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Follow along. Probe the darkness with my strings.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4433
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Eigla finds an old staircase to the lower levels, and Rosa activates her night vision, shielding her face with a hand to prevent the sunlight from interfering.

Hmm. Seems like, a rusted old ship corridor down there. Other than the smell, there's nothing particularly unusual- Huh.
There's, a thin, glistening film seemingly creeping along the walls and floor. It's moving, though almost imperceptibly so.

Malia finds a few cracks in the deck floor and probes them with her strings. One floor down, nothing. Two floors down, the thread begins to feel wet. Three floors down, something touches her thread, then quickly scurries away in an definitely arthropod-like manner. She immediately retracts her strings, creeped out.




Meanwhile, Klimt flies awake, nearly hitting his head on Curie's blushing, tendril-covered face. Peggy smiles innocently, cocking her head.

Peggy: "What do you mean, Klimt? It's me, of course."


Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Something on the walls down there. A film, or coating. Alive. Most likely just residue from the actual inhabitant.
Probably won't come out until we start a fire, or go to sleep."


Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10312
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"If we're going to figure out what it is, we should do it from the safety of not-inside-here."

> What is the construction of the ship like?

Slowly exit with Rosa if she's leaving.

Protect [Rosa]/Defend/Princess [Rosa]/Vines [Hinder]/Crawling Flesh if attacked


Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3761
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"You don't need to be coy. 'Ma cherie'...? Like something from a memory..."


Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"I wonder if it's flammable. Hopefully not. I don't want this ship to explode.
We will keep an eye on it while we cook."
> Speaking of cooking! How is the fire.


Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Oooh..."

>Probe again, and if I touch a creature, try to grab it and tie it up, smash it against the deck maybe.


Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4433
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa and Eigla return to the fire pit, taking a look around before lighting the flames. The ship seems to have once been an oil tanker, though all but one of the spherical containers are missing, the deck hastily patched with steel plates to cover up the holes. Despite the rust, it still looks reasonably solid, other than the parts that have smashed against the wall.


Malia stays behind, waiting until the others are out of sight before probing the hole again. She slowly slithers her snakes along until meeting another creature, then quickly wraps around it, squeezing it until she feels the carapace crack, then repeatedly slamming it against the floor. After a few moments, the squirming stops.

It had it coming. She feels quite satisfied!



Meanwhile, Peggy pauses for several seconds, as if thinking. Curie's tendrils retract back into her mouth and eye sockets, and she looks away, blushing.

Peggy: "Oh. Oh yes, a memory. I'm so sorry, I suppose that Desiree woman had some slight influence over my speech for a moment. Don't worry, won't happen again! Hon hon hon."


Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 288  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fbarraza28


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.023s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]