View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Malia opens her eyes wide. The boat, her companions, the bonfire - they're all still there. Just a nightmare, right?

Right.

Rosa gently pushes Eigla off and stretches, grimacing as her long legs bump against a railing. She seems generally taller and larger than yesterday, though thankfully not by much. Her stomach does not feel full at all, but there's still a very conspicuous bump on her midriff. Oh well, hopefully it will go down with time.

After Klimt explains his position, his followers agree in unison.

Curie: "Acknowledged. Idle curiosity cannot prevail over survival. It is in the group's best interest to proceed North."

Emilia: "I'm with you, Klimt."

Peggy: "Okay. While, you all get ready, I'll get the truck running! No rush though, feel free to have breakfast first."

The sword and shield decide to go hunting for some sort of sandal material to protect the sharkgirl's feet. The chitin plates are far too small to make for effective protection, but by tearing two large steel plates from the deck and adding vine straps, they manage to fashion a pair of large, crude metal clogs. Not the most silent of footwear, but she should be able to follow the road without trouble, now.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"The truck is far from quiet either.
Hm. I wish my body would shrink instead of grow. Maybe I need to starve myself.
That would be unpleasant."

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

"Maybe the Triplets' Rig has chemicals that can break down organic matter without causing pain. Could use it to, remove some mass, without worrying about having chunks of your Pattern being separated from you."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:17 am
Loose Canon

"I am hopeful, yes. Or, ideally, some kind of pattern-adjusting equipment.
If I can purge the invading portions, my body will probably drift back to its norm.

Either way, I won't let another fragment of me exist. If the "cure" would only extract me into a different body, and leave an even further sharkified Rosa behind, I... I may have to rethink being normal.
I won't do that to myself. To her."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:40 am
Profile WWW

>Prepare a rushed breakfast with the others. Let Peggy go to the truck, for now: this is my chance to communicate my suspicions, when she is out of earshot.

"Girls. I think there's something seriously wrong with our driver. When Rosa and I rebuilt Peggy, attaching her head to the super-advanced regenerating Flesh that we got from the Master's servant, I think we accidentally kick-started a struggle for her Pattern. Part of her was having dreams about cannibal feasts and trying to seduce me. Peggy herself was unable to eat - her memory of the factory was making her sick.

Peggy is, or was, in the process of being subverted by Desiree. She referred to herself as another person, a Freudian slip. I let her go so I could pass this along, but we need to make sure she doesn't drive off. If she betrays us, or what's left of Peggy loses the Pattern war, I want you all to be ready to restrain her. As a last resort, to preserve what we can, we'll cut off her head. That's the only component which we know was clean to begin with."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:07 am
Loose Canon

"...
Hm.
Let us hope it is STILL clean.
Considering we built Peggy's current body almost entirely from Desiree's Flesh, even if it WAS shredded to non-functionality, I am not surprised it was able to piece together a coherent Pattern again.
She, may need to return to... arms."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 am
Profile WWW

"If she becomes an immediate threat to Rosa, I'm going to kill her. That was my original agreement to letting her live in the first place.

If you want her to remain living, do whatever it takes to keep her in line."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:27 am

"That's why I wanted to fill you in. I don't want to see any of us harmed by an unwanted guest."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 am
Loose Canon

"Well, for her sake then, I will stay back.
I work best at a distance anyway."
> Keep eye on the truck. I may need to shoot out a wheel.
...It probably will not be usable afterwards if I shoot out a wheel.

Also poke bulge on stomach. What IS that. It doesn't feel like food. I know what food feels like.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Klimt waits for Peggy to leave, divides the meager remains of yesterday's fish among the party, then reveals his suspicions.

Curie: "...It, makes sense. During our argument, yesterday, I noticed a sudden change of some sort. At first it seemed like we'd reached an agreement, but she suddenly started taking a certain, pleasure, in making me flustered. It might well be that there was a literal change of mind at that point."

Emilia: "I will not let her hurt you, Klimt. Just say what you'd have me do to her."

Rosa looks up, back in the direction of the truck. The cliffs and the seawall block vision of the road, but she can see Peggy making her way up the rubble. Hmmm.
She pokes her stomach. It feels... Very firm, surprisingly, as if there was a sizeable object embedded in there. It's also surprisingly ticklish, as if someone else was touching her shoulders as she massages it.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Hm.
Sharks are odd."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

> Look at Rosa's belly

"I guess I should take responsibility."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm
Loose Canon

> Head tilt.
"What for?"

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

"You're gonna be a mother."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm
Loose Canon

"Hm? Hm. That seems unlikely. Peggy, Emilia, and Mary all never showed any signs, even after months with Klimt.
It is questionable if the mold allows for fertility. Adding to that, you are a girl too, Eigla.
And, there are likely several layers of incompatibility brought on by the shark biology. I do not even know if this body still has a womb.

I know that humans do not usually, grow, like this. I cannot say how sharks work."

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 298  Next