View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa and Eigla examine the church entrance. The double doors are more than large enough to let the crane through. No demolition will be needed today, thankfully or not.

Meanwhile, Curie coughs, hiding the begginings of a smile as she sips her wine.

Curie: "Indeed. As you can see now, I am more than able to fend for myself, now. And aid you, when the need arises.

Oh! Uhm. What are your plans, going forward? I am sure I will be instrumental in making them come to fruition."

Last edited by Areku on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile WWW

> BUILD ANOTHER CRANE

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 pm

"Realistic plans or silly dreams? I have some of both."

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:18 pm
Loose Canon

"Eigla, why are we building cranes and wagons?"

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

"PREPARATIONS!"

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:09 pm

EVENTS:

Curie actually cracks a smile.

Curie: "Let's hear them all, then, and I'll tell you which is which."

Meanwhile, as Eigla and Rosa busy themselves with PREPARATIONS, they see a group of undead approaching from the west. Is it the scouting party?

They seem to be carrying a wounded plantman, its horse nowhere to be seen.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Eigla."
> Approach plant dudes.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:50 am
Profile WWW

> TO THE PLANTMAN

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:55 am

"Dethroning the Master, or one of his higher servants. Taking their power and using it for repairs, not for cruelty.

Rebuilding some of the productive mechanisms of the Earth. There's got to be a way to re-fertilize things, to farm again - clearly, the Master processes huge amounts of meat, so there is some sort of nutrient reserve being tapped. The world is a closed system in that respect. Wouldn't it be amazing if nature became something we could count on, like in the really old days? At least locally, it would be an achievement.

Finding out what the hell is going on with Pierre. Are there more living people out there?

Maybe finding a way to replace this body with something that doesn't disgust me. I... didn't consent to be brought back into unlife. I am not sure I want to continue. Could I be meat again? Or even metal?"

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 am

EVENTS:

Rosa and Eigla approach the group, followed closely by Pierre. The plantman is certainly in a rough shape: Large gashes line its body, and its bark armor is all but destroyed. Upon noticing the shieldmaiden's approach, its mask cracks in two along a vertical seam, exposing a mouth-like structure.

Plantman: "In the darkness. We meet, thing. Large. Crawls, and screams, and consumes.
Some of us, distract and fight it. Those, eaten. Others, ride past, to find what is beyond. This one, returns to warn.

It approaches. Slowly, but it does."

Meanwhile, Curie hums in acknowledgement.

Curie: "Feasible. All of those, I think.

This is an age of ashes. For all the power this Master is said to have, so far his forces have been primitive and disorganized. He is probably just one more delusional warlord, clinging to his rotting empire. In my time, Le Refuge conquered many such petty tyrants.

Similarly, the Garden proves life still perseveres, in one way or another. Even at the factory, several kinds of plants were raised. My brainmass holds a repository of agricultural techniques, should the opportunity arise to use them. It is unlikely the entire world would be as damaged as the ash plains.

Living people... I can't be sure. However, Pierre's apparent age matches my shutdown time. It is possible he is a survivor from Le Refuge's destruction, or was born shortly afterwards. The mountains would have shielded this area from the blast, so it could have happened.

As to a new body - I do not know enough about necromancy to say whether you could be turned into Meat. However. As I mentioned before, a Pattern can be stored in traditional media. It would be possible, if inefficient, to copy your emotions and memories into some sort of computer.

Though. Once said copy had been made, what would become of you? Would knowing that a non-flesh version of you existed, be enough to satisfy your longing?"

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 am
Profile WWW

> To Pierre -

"Use the cranes. Lift the Priestess out of the hole, get her into a wagon, and evacuate. Use the other wagons to carry supplies. The meatblob should be trying to follow us - as long as you've left the village, you should evade its chase.

I'm going to go warn the Garden - hopefully it's ignored by the meatblob, because it's not going to be moving anywhere."

> If Pierre has nothing else to say, leave for the Garden. Bring the plantman with me too, or w/e

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 am

"...I don't know how to answer that. I suppose I was secretly hoping the original would be shredded in the process. One of me is enough. Maybe it will go away of its own accord."

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 am
Loose Canon

"How far was it.
How far is it."
> With Eigla.
I suppose it was a bit too much to hope that our fluffy life in this cold dystopia could continue forever.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Pierre frowns.

Pierre: "I doubt the cranes will be enough, or that she'll consent to leaving her chapel. Still, I'll try."

Rosa: "How far was it.
How far is it."

Plantman: "On foot, six hours. But, this one limps. It may be faster."

Grabbing the treeperson, Eigla and Rosa head over to the Garden. It seems to already know something is up, and is currently preparing for battle.

Garden: "It approaches. We, will stand our ground."

Meanwhile, Curie looks very displeased.

Curie: "Unacceptable. Flesh or not, you are Klimt. The original. I will not consent to losing you again.

...Neither will Emilia, considering she's currently hiding underneath the table to make sure you're okay. I commend her dedication. Even Peggy is listening in on us, at the moment."

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

"Fight to the death, for it will not do you the honor of killing you before it starts eating.

The seedling you gave me. I will be sure to plant it somewhere safe."

> Leave for the mansion, find Klimt.

"Meatblob was sighted in the tunnel, we have to leave."

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207 ... 298  Next