View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Nechronica
NECHRONICA

The world is a corpse, and it slowly festers.
The tragic tale of Humanity's folly has come to an end.
All that remains is a long, long epilogue.

Another Areku RTD! Hopefully this will go better.

Player slots: ALL CURRENTLY FULL.

1- Cavecricket48:

2- HKU:

3- TheKebbit:

4- CrazyMLC:

All rolls will be made on a real D10. On each turn, each player gets a number of AP (usually 9), and can spend them as they wish. The more AP a move uses, however, the longer it'll take for you to be able to act again. Order your actions carefully.

Players, please write a short post with your character's name and appearance, as well as your preferences for defensive/auto actions and Madness gain. If in doubt, go with Defense: Use All, Lowest First, and Madness: Lowest First. Also write down your Default Preferred Target: if you can control where an attack hits you, it'll default to that area unless specified.

Tank characters (looking at you, kark) might want to also set Defend Nearby Allies as a preferred behaviour, or just specify it in their posts.

Rolling will begin when everyone is ready.

WORLD MAP: (Not to scale)

Last edited by Areku on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:29 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Nechronica
Name: "Klimt" (a scrap from a book assumed as an identity)
Appearance: A sandy blonde boy of average height, somewhere in the middle teens. His arms, wrapped in barbed wire, bulge and writhe beneath the metal with hidden motions. Those twitches are the restless activity of devouring tendrils. Even for a dead and re-animated young man, his expression is tired, flaking skin burned by the sun.
Defense: Use All, Lowest First
Madness: Lowest First.
Default Preferred Target: Torso

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:06 am

Name: Eigla
Appearance: Short black hair, Violet eyes, deathly pale skin. Slightly on the short side. She wears a sleeveless black dress with grey shorts under, white knee-high socks, and old leather shoes.
Defense: Use all, Lowest First
Madness: Lowest First
Default Preferred Target: Left arm

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:13 am
Loose Canon

Name: Rosa
Appearance: Long unstyled pale grey hair, looks as if it was let to grow for years and somehow bleached of color. Tall and thin, with golden eyes. Wears a very worn "sailor uniform" type dress.
Defense: Use all, Lowest First
Madness: Lowest First
Default Preferred Target: Head

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:31 am
Profile WWW

WARNING. WARNING. WARNING.

UNAUTHORISED ACCESS DETECTED. DEPLOYING INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURES.

OUTER LOCK DISENGAGED.
INNER LOCK DISENGAGED.

PRESSURE LOSS. CATASTROPHIC LIFE SUPPORT FAILURE - REINITIALIZING.
LIFE SUPPORT FAILURE - REINITIALIZING.
LIFE SUPPORT F_0x000C34 SET a/%%30%30 BREAK;

---

Warning.

с̸̠̼̝̫͙͑͝м̞̫̘͍͖͕̤̺̯̈̀̽̇ͮ̉̊́е̶̷̢̩̤̳̼ͨ̈́р̙̳̬̠̗ͣ̒͡ц͈ͨ̈̅͂ͫ͛́̆͘ь̷̺̖̜̦̥ͭ͋̔ Support Failure - Unrecoverable.

Local storage damaged - connecting to Backup Server.

Backup server unavailable. Downtime: 0̴̷͚̟͇ͩ̋̓̒̃͝ͅx͖͎̮̲̝͔̫ͥ̇̓͛̀͠0͇̣̩̻̺̠͇͉̉̎0̨̹͔̣̜́͌̃̊ͫ̄ͪ0̶̯̬̠̯͍͎̙͔̘̐͆̽ͦͦ͞0̂̈̊͗ͦͩͧ̆ͦ҉̟̤̘̣̰ͅ0̨̖̤̙̯̗͇̹͎ͮ̒̍̿̽͝0̙͈̖̩̥̦͖̭͔͗ͮͣͤ days/months/years.

Attempting emergency repair. Memory content estimation: 32.55%

Local repairs complete. Memory content available: 30.41%/31.86%/29.98%

Deploying.

---

Name: Klimt
(TheKebbit)

Two others seem to have awoken with you, slowly coming to their senses. You don't know them, but you feel like you once did.

The tall, pale one is a friend. Even disheveled as she is, struggling to get up under the weight of the large crate strapped to her back, she seems to radiate trustworthiness. You would glady put your life in her hands.

The raven-haired one... You're not sure how to feel about her. Hate is too strong to describe it, but you don't like her, either. Like she's always trying to get in your way and one-up your efforts. Your hands hiss and whip around inside your sleeves at the mere sight of her and her coffin. What kind of person carries their own coffin around, anyways?

(CaveCricket48)

Two others seem to have awoken with you, slowly coming to their senses. You don't know them, but you feel like you once did.

You grit your teeth at the sight of the blonde boy. Something about his pale face ticks you off immediately. Who does he think he is, getting up before you? Hmph. If only you didn't to lug this big heavy coffin around... You'd have to put him in his place, later.

Then, She catches your eyes. She was right there, beside you, so close you could almost reach out and touch her face. So... So perfect. If you had a heart, it might have beaten erratically in anticipation. The organ is long gone, but the feeling remains.
Love.

(TorrentHKU)

You feel the shadow of a smile form on your tired lips as you see the boy. Something tells you he's a good friend. A rare treasure, in times like these. His arms are covered in barbed wire, though. Doesn't that hurt?

The short girl... Your knight, your stone wall, your defender. You're glad she's here. Somehow, she makes you feel relaxed and safe.

What will you do?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:17 am
Profile WWW

> Help Her to her feet, make sure She is okay.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:18 am

>Try to speak.
"...hello? Am I dreaming again?"

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:19 am
Loose Canon

> Get up with Eigla's help. Check my coffin for damage.
"No.
Or if you are, then so am I."

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:12 am
Profile WWW

"It's been a while..."
>Get out of the way of the falling oil.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 am

EVENTS:

Rosa: "No.
Or if you are, then so am I."

Klimt: "It's been a while..."

Klimt gets back on his feet and steps away from the dripping oil, while Eigla helps Rosa stand up. Everyone feels a bit uneasy on their feet, but capable of walking.

Name: Klimt
(TheKebbit)

You stand up and move away from the dripping oil. Strangely enough, it does not seem to adhere to your clothes or skin. In fact, the small puddle on the floor is quickly sizzling away.

(CaveCricket48)

You scramble to help Rosa to her feet. She feels... Cold and clammy, but thankfully unhurt. You could almost think she was alive. Of all of you, she'd been always the most human, at least on the outside.

...All of who? You can't quite seem to recall.

(TorrentHKU)

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 am
Profile WWW

"You seem familiar enough, but I don't know you.

I think I'm Klimt. Let's work our way out of here."

>Survey exits from the chamber.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:20 am

> Make sure I have all my parts attached. After confirming, stand beside Her, and follow Her if She goes anywhere.

Look around in the meantime - are there any exits visible? Anything noteworthy?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:08 am
Loose Canon

>Arms, and legs. Without arms I cannot shoot. With legs I cannot... Can...not... Kick? No, not kick... Something else.
"Rosa. And you... Eigla. Yes. I... Remember, some. Feelings, more than words."
> Any exits?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

I think I'm Klimt. Let's work our way out of here."

Rosa: "Rosa. And you... Eigla. Yes. I... Remember, some. Feelings, more than words."

After confirming everyone is unhurt, the three of you examine the room. Metal floor, metal ceiling. Human-sized capsules line the walls, stacked three-high. Most are sealed, and you can barely make the shape of a person through the foggy glass porthole.

A breeze can be felt from one end of the room. Half the wall is slightly ajar, as if it were a single large door.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

> Open the nearest pod - if I can't open it gently, smash it open. See what the person inside is like.

FOLLOW SENPAI ROSA

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 298  Next