View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa and Eigla shyly hold hands as they return to the trailer. It does make them feel closer, even if the height difference and Bigrosa's inhuman gait make it a bit awkward.

Molly giggles in a slightly concerning manner.

Molly: "Well, it could mean your friend back at the Rig, who's good at electronics! Or perhaps, your new, mudking-like body? Wahaha, either is fine for me!~ (Or both ideally but I don't want to impose~)

...Also, did anyone see my assistant? I, was sure I'd brought her along. Or did I? Eeeeeh, I'll find her eventually."

After Malia picks her jaw off the floor, trying and failing to process what is even going on, the party heads back.

---------------

The meeting room doesn't look much like you left it. Machinery and blueprints are strewn about haphazardly, while Sally, Kelly and Curie pore over a set of plans for... A pump, of some sort, or a valve? The sisters look mildly confused and very tired, despite how little time it's been since you last saw them.

Kelly: "Wait, so the gate goes around the pipe or-"

Curie: "No no, check the materials strength table Unit drew. You can't get a positive seal unless you SHEAR the pipe, in that case. Which of course, means the non-ductile steel you've been using for the drill shafts is in violation of OSHA bulletins 776.32 to 779.11. Now, replacing that would require a pressurized blowout prevention chamber, since the gaskets are-

Oh! Klimt, you're back! Finally. You have no idea HOW little theoretical knowledge these girls have. It's a miracle the whole rig hasn't blown up until now! Did I mention they were using *rules of thumb* to calculate projectlie trajectories? It's madness!"

Molly's nonexistent eyes shine at the sheer display of TECHNICAL DATA.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Hello Curie. You look pleasantly busy.
I spoke to a mud king. And my stomach-orb hatched.
Do they at least have zombies or dolls with targeting packages like mine? A Bolt Head or Scope system?"
> Where is Peggy-barrel?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 am
Profile WWW

"If the shooters have line of sight and big shells that smear incendiaries everywhere, I can see how they could get by with less trigonometry. However, I figured that your special expertise would be extremely useful to the rig.

Surely this technology was not all put together by... guesstimate, though?"

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:53 am

Stand by. Nothing to say at the moment.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:57 am

> I'll uh, leave this to everyone else.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:39 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Curie sighs, rubbing her forehead as if trying to choose the right words.

Curie: "Not necessarily guessing, just - Enthusiastic experimentation, far more than would ever be necessary. They had a basic knowledge of physics and mechanics, but all specific designs had to be reinvented from scratch, or reverse-engineered. It's like you took a-

ANALOGY MODULE WARMING UP. COMPUTING. SOLUTION FOUND.

Like you took a bricklayer and asked them to build a skyscraper. Given enough time and tries, they'd come upon a design that didn't collapse. At least, not immediately.

Kelly, at least she's good with numbers. But I have no idea how Sally can tie her shoes in the morning."

Sally: "Rude."

Curie: "Anyways, they do have, SOME rangefinders, though they're all second-hand. And other than a few trajectory tables, they do it all by hand. It's barbaric!

Oh. OPERATOR Rosa, you look - Very, human, in a way.

I am glad for you!"

Curie smiles, surprisingly genuinely. Relationship status improved!

Peggy's barrel sits where Klimt left it, in a corner of the room. Carefully lifting the lid, Rosa sees the organs have partially fused together and spread out into the bug gel, making the contents look a bit like a bloody, moist pile of used chewing gum.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:32 am
Profile WWW

> Stand by

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 am
Loose Canon

"Thank you. I am, very happy for it as well. The large body needs some cleaning and perhaps clothes or armor, but it is nice to have something resembling... normal again.
A suggestion, Curie. Compile your knowledge and expertise into smaller actionable items for now, so that Kelly and Sally are not mired by the nuance. A proper re-education can come later, when there is not a tremendous meat blob bearing down on us.
I also feel that Sally at least will learn better from practice than theory."

> Alright, Peggy time. Squat down next to barrel, talk into it so she can hear.
"Hello Peggy. I don't know how much you can hear in the barrel, so, I will just cover everything to be safe.
We've arrived at the Triplet's rig after a few more hours of travel after our fight. It's a large hodgepodge of steel ships and windmills and oil derricks and a big central oil rig, covered in cranes and scaffolding. Lots of smoke on the air.
As we drove in, Emilia picked up radio from one of the Triplets, Sally. She's a pirate, and has a peg leg and a normal torso and arms, and a hard hat. She threatened to blow us up, but then we radioed her back and she came out to meet us. Then we scared her a bit with some scary stories, and kept going to the rig itself. The second Triplet, Kelly, met us there. She's super serious, I don't think you two would get along very well. She made us give up our weapons, and cut off most of my limbs, but let us in. And then we met the third Triplet, Molly, who is like a small Science Bulldozer, who likes all kinds of science and technology and math and theory and things like that. I think Curie can get along with her.
So then we told them about the Meatblob, and we started making a Plan of Action. We're a bit afraid the blob might team up with a bunch of Mud Kings in a nearby swamp, so I went with Molly and the others to go do some experiments and try to make contact. I ended up wading into the mud, and my body transformed more into a muddy blob-thing, but I also got to talk to the Mud King a bit. It was strange.
After I got out, Eigla cut my big red stomach-core-womb open, and there was a body inside that looked like my body from when I first got rebuilt by my coffin. So, I'm, more human again. But I am also still connected by a big umbilical cable bundle to the big mud body, so, I still have that.
Um. Hm. Everyone is still intact. Emilia and Curie are alright, Desiree didn't do too much damage during the fight, and most of mine was self inflicted. Klimt is also fine, I will have him come talk to you too.
That's all I can think of to say right now, so I'm going to go now. Get well soon."

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 am
Profile WWW

"I'll check on her."

> Operator, can you connect me to the Peggy residence?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Curie pauses for a moment, then nods.

Curie: "Understood. Unit will concentrate in making sure the guns are ready to face the threat, then consider the state of the facility when more time is available."

Rosa moves close to Peggy's barrel, then tells her the news. It's hard to know if she understood it, but the fleshy mass seems to vibrate slightly in response to the sound. Sally perks up from across the room, suddenly roused from her science-induced stupor.

Sally: "Scary stories?! Don'tcha try ta make yerself seem harmless to tha poor barrel, ye sea monster! I've seen the consumed body of yer poor victim-

Wait. You- Darla, was it? Yer alive! How'd ya escape the beast's gut?"

Kelly facepalms slowly, while Molly leaves the room, seemingly in a hurry.

Malia decides to check up on Peggy, and tries to interface with the barrel. Holy Moly, her Pattern is in shambles! It's like someone cut her into pieces then sewed them back togeth- Oh right.

There is very little to be gleaned from the jumble of broken memories, but she does find several parts of Rosa's recent conversation. Whoever's in there, they're at least listening.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile WWW

> Approach Curie.

"How much do you know about circuitry and coffins?"

> Point at box on my back

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Loose Canon

"Hm? Oh, no, this was my body all along. It was a... Hm. I suppose womb is not, inaccurate. Regardless.
The small body and the large body are both part of the same person, Rosa. We are."
> Alternate which mouth says each word.
"One. And. The. Same."

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 am
Profile WWW

>Move to the barrel. This feels like talking to a coma patient, but it's worth a shot.

"I hope the gel is enough for you to start re-knitting yourself in there... you've been through some of the worst things I could imagine. I have to have faith in your regeneration. The hydra-like terror that Desiree manifested when she was in control, if that's any indication of what you are capable of... well, hope springs eternal. I'm sorry I didn't know enough about Pattern surgery to do the right thing and separate the two of you earlier. I was a fool to ignore the warning signs and believe that you were successfully taming the Flesh from Desiree. And now you pay the price for my foolishness. I was arrogant to believe that I could give you what you wanted, some old ideal of beauty. I thought I could somehow balance out the insanity of the factory, your suffering there, with some super-act of good.

Well, now you are in pieces, but you are clean, definitely the Peggy I knew and loved. And again, I refuse to abandon you. We've come too far, there's no way... I cannot let go. I will not let go until you are whole. I will find machinery, surgeons, Flesh, a coffin, nano-paste, drugs. Whatever it takes. Rosa returned from being ripped down to a limb. You will return from the brink of annihilation. My Peggy... please wait for me, grow strong."

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:35 am

EVENTS:

Curie pauses, letting Eigla open her coffin, then examines the interior.

Curie: "Unit has seen your device before. Still, I have performed additional memory decompression since then, so I might be able to add more details to my previous analysis.

Hm. Hmmmm. Hm hm. PROCESSING. COMPARING. COMPILING CIRCUIT DIAGRAM. SOLVING NETWORKS."

For several minutes, her eyes systematically scan the crate, and you hear low mumblings, as if her extra heads were discussing the findings. Klimt takes the opportunity to excuse himself and talk to Peggy a bit. It, does make him feel a bit better, somehow.

Curie: "Process complete. Device, at first, seems like a large computer with crude liquid dispensing capabilities, at odds with the complex medical functions it has been shown to perform. Still,
there are several parts that hint at a highly advanced, if experimental and unrefined, nature."

She points at the short tubes protruding from the crate's wall, that connect to the user's neck when it is worn as a backpack.

Curie: "There is a series of miniaturized motors within each pipe, topped by several hair-thin, yet hollow, syringes. Peristaltic pumps within the unit use this to suck out - Blood or spinal fluid,
perhaps? Yet, this does not seem to contribute to the device's synthetyzing functions. Instead, it is circulated through this, that, and *that* component, then returned to the user's body. Unit's hypothesys is that it's extracting energy from it somehow, in a manner analogous to a fuel cell. This is compounded by the coffin's built-in batteries being far too small for sustained operation.

The main data core seems to be located within this board - There are a few standard components, but the processor itself is of a design unknown to me. The wiring leading to and from it hints at a highly parallelized, GPU-based system, however. Similarly, it has rather unique wireless communication capabilities. This entire cluster of parts, is actually a series of line-of-sight antennas, barely capable of sending a signal through the metal casing, but able to carry extreme amounts of data, simultaneously, over a wide range of frequencies.

The canisters, at first, seem to be simple material storage - Organic and metallic compounds compressed into a portable form, able to be dispensed somewhat like a 3D printer. However, the nozzle mechanism is too large and simple to create the intrincacies of human anatomy, down to the cellular level. Furthermore, this small capsule at the back... See how the liquid inside seems to flow and drip, even though it should long be at rest?

This all points to one conclusion. Nanomachines, Eigla."

Meanwhile, Sally frowns, placing a nub on her sword.

Sally: "So, ye've absorbed her body as well? Ye truly arr a loathsome beast, White Whale. Would that I'd sunk you when I had the chance-"

Kelly: "HMMMM.

*ahem*

Sally. Stop talking and make yourself useful. I need to start working on moving the guns, and all this ruckus is giving me a headache. Lead the prisoners to the brig, and watch over them."

Sally: "Aaaaaaaah why is it always meeee- Fiiine. Alright you scurvy dogs, follow behind me. No sudden movements, ya?"

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:43 am
Profile WWW

"Oh, I thought we were going to assist you. I was pretty sure Curie would be capable of helping you out, and would be able to adapt a new plan should something go wrong during engagement with the meat blob."

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 298  Next