View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
> Alternate between feeding Rosa and myself.

"I plan on lining the forest outskirts with stakes facing towards the forest. Keep deer and wolves from trying to enter the fields. Probably use vertical, unsharpened stakes for the border of a new garden, too. I wanted some nice fencing, but that's not very plausible at this point."

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:23 am

>Join Peggy outdoors for a peaceful dinner.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 am

EVENTS:

Rosa: "It's ok Mary. This much damage isn't hard for me to repair. It will make shooting a bit difficult but not impossible.
We should be thanking you for salvaging our catch."

Mary: "Oh, it was nothing. I can't remember the last time I cooked for this many people, it was a welcome challenge."

Eigla: "I plan on lining the forest outskirts with stakes facing towards the forest. Keep deer and wolves from trying to enter the fields. Probably use vertical, unsharpened stakes for the border of a new garden, too. I wanted some nice fencing, but that's not very plausible at this point."

Mary: "Sounds reasonable. I don't know if we'll get a chance to plant much before winter arrives, but it's still a good effort.
Goodness, when I asked you to help at the farm, I thought it'd be just looking after sheep, not bringing free food and building a palace. I'll be honest, I am very glad I met you all."

The conversation dies down as everyone digs in. It's a lot of meat, in the end, and a large portion goes uneaten, saved for tomorrow's breakfast. You all go to skeep content and warm. Despite the clouds, it doesn't even rain!

Klimt wakes up in the middle of the night, needing to use the bathroom. Mary's outhouse is a bit far from the main building, but the walk there is uneventful. Going back to the house, however, he sees some movement, far in the woods. The moonlight reflects off something metallic amid the trees, then disappears once again.

He stops for a few moments, watching carefully, but his only reward is dead silence.

He goes back to his tent to sleep.

In the morning, there's a light drizzle. You all awaken slowly and groggily, a bit later than the days before. Unusually, Mary is still in the house. As you turn to face her, eyes still a bit foggy, you see she's shirtless, and there is a large, bloody gash running vertically on her torso, entrails and disconnected organs hanging off it like gruesome puppets on a string.

Last edited by Areku on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Ma...ry?
Mary?
What... what happened to you?"

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 am
Profile WWW

> Check on Rosa and Klimt's conditions.

Protect Rosa from any attack that may come.

Check on radiohead. If radiohead is still here, drag her over to Mary and assess Mary's condition.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 am

EVENTS:

Eigla springs awake with a start, looking for potential threats, while Rosa merely gawks astonishedly.

Rosa: "Ma...ry?
Mary?
What... what happened to you?"

Mary: "Oh, good morning, dear! Sleep well- uhm. Why are you staring at me- OOOOH, terribly sorry! This is all a bit jarring, isn't it?"

She drapes a cloth over her body embarrassedly. You realise she's holding a set of scissors and a knife, and Radiohead is lying upon the kitchen table, her chest carefully cut open.

Mary: "You see, I thought today would be a good day for some upgrades, since I can't quite take my sheep out in this weather. Plus, regenerating body parts takes a lot of protein, so I decided to take advantage of our little meat surplus.

I suppose I should have warned you first. My apologies. This old body of mine is not a very pleasing sight, is it?"

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Oh.
I don't mind. Just.
Don't, scare me like that. Ok?"

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:01 am
Profile WWW

> Check outside.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 am

"Mary, I saw something glint in the woods last night. Metallic light and movement. I think at least one of us needs to be extra awake as night falls again."

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 am

EVENTS:

Rosa: "Oh.
I don't mind. Just.
Don't, scare me like that. Ok?"

Mary: "Of course, of course. It was rather brash of me. I apologise."

Eigla leaves the house to check the perimeter. The ground and stakes seem undisturbed, but the light fog makes it hard to see what's out there.

Klimt, on the other hand, walks in.

Klimt: "Mary, I saw something glint in the woods last night. Metallic light and movement. I think at least one of us needs to be extra awake as night falls again."

Mary: "Oh my. Metallic? It might have been the Red Wolf's axe. It doesn't seem to leave the woods often, but it's still good to be cautious. Mary does a pretty good job of standing guard while I sleep, but we might have to keep someone else up, then."

She looks at him for a long time, seemingly embarrassed.

Mary: "Uhm... If it's not asking too much, could you stay outside for now? I'm afraid I'm rather... Bare. And, since you're a boy, after all..."

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:37 am
Profile WWW

>Turn white from mortification.

"Yes ma'am."

>Get out, stay out for a while.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 am

> Fog is not safe to do work in. Head back inside - get the fireplace going. Warm is nice.

After that, get to work making a crossbow stock and trigger mechanism that would be usable for someone of Baghead's size, carving the parts (wheel, lever, stock, dowels) out of wood.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 am
Loose Canon

> Check on my hands.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Klimt turns pale and runs outside, averting his eyes. He sits silently by Peggy inside the tent.

She seems to be messing with her burnt hand, peeling the charred skin where it meets her arm. Surprisingly, the destroyed tissue seems to have detached almost completely. She gives it a few tugs, and the entire hand detaches, leaving behind just a few scabs and a small scar.

Peggy looks at Klimt for a long time, then offers him her hand, turning away embarrassedly.

Peggy: "W-would you like a taste? It's, very well cooked."

Meanwhile, Eigla takes a piece of wood and starts carving it into a crossbow using her GLOWING RED 1000 DEGREE KNI- Wait no, that's a bad idea.

Eigla quenches her knife in a bucket of water, turning it into a DULL BLACK 72 DEGREE KNIFE, and begins carving away.
This could take a while. Perhaps you could hold a conversation while you do it?

Rosa looks sadly at her hands. Still scorched, missing most of the flesh on the palms and fingers, and impossible to close. When she attempts to move it, she sees unattached tendons stretching futilely between her fingers.

Mary: "Oh, right! I almost forgot! Here, I saved some for you."

She points at a small pile of muscle, skin and tendon, apparently taken from Radiohead's abdominal region.

Mary: "I'll need her hands, so I couldn't give you those, but there should be enough material in there to get your hands working again. It didn't feel right, leaving you in that state. Plus, I might need a helper to get some of these organs back in!"

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

"But you are dead. There's nothing to get from it but the taste."

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 298  Next