View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Nechronica
> Follow as well.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 am
Profile WWW

>Just... walk through, unafraid.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 am

EVENTS:

Klimt takes the lead, pushing open the heavy wooden doors and walking in, followed by the others.

Peggy: "...I hate churches."

A single large, dark room. Small amounts of sunlight filter through cracks in the ceiling, but the flickering red candlelight gives everything a bloodied appearance. Most windows are covered in rotting curtains or tapestries, all depicting a tall, powerful figure in golden robes or armor. Artistically, they are mediocre at best, but the sheer amount of detail jammed into every square inch could only be produced by a genuinely obssessive mind.

Atonal music blasts your ears, and you turn to face the source of the cacophony, a huge undead standing in a corner, blaring through the organ pipes embedded in its deformed torso. Strange cherub-like creatures perch and crawl on the rafters above, their shrivelled, crow-like wings unfit for flying.

A figure in white robes stands on a pew atop a large hole on the floor, gesturing profusely while pontificating with a surprisingly pleasant female voice. This must be the Priestess you'd heard about.

Priestess: "...and I urge you once again: Sing glory to the Master, for He is the fountainhead of all life, and all death! To His will, all Flesh succumbs!

Oh. But what's this? We have new travellers in our midst! Welcome, weary souls! I foresee much, but your appearance comes as a surprise. Sit down and rejoice, for your pilgrimage has come to an end! Everything flows from the Master, then back unto Him."

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"We're, just passing through town. Though we can stay for a bit."

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 am
Profile WWW

"Do many pilgrims make it to this holy place?"

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:16 am

EVENTS:

Klimt: "Do many pilgrims make it to this holy place?"

Priestess: "Dozens, every day. This, is the Chapel of the Broken-Hearted. And there is no shortage of broken hearts in this world."

Rosa: "We're, just passing through town. Though we can stay for a bit."

The priestess smiles and shakes her head.

Priestess: "No one finds this place by accident. The Master has a plan for you, like He does for everyone else. Still... None of you seem broken-hearted, though one or two seem to be almost there. So tell me-

Who are you, Pilgrims? And what is it you seek? And, just for the record, what is your favorite color?"

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

"Green. The color of plants.

We're currently being chased by a giant, all-consuming meatblob monster, and we need to get to the Triplets' Rig in search for heavy weaponry. We would rather not idle here and attract the monster to this location."

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:23 pm

"Color? That's not... a question I really thought about. I don't have one.

Like my friend said, we are seeking artillery."

Last edited by TheKebbit on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm
Loose Canon

> I'm... not, sure? Hm.
"Red like roses."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

The priestess nods gravely.

Priestess: "Ah, but you see, it is very much the other way around. This monster, it has chased you here. To this place, specifically. It is certainly one of the Master's many mysterious ways of sending guidance.

So tell me - what sin have you committed, to justify such an avenger being unleashed upon you? I am not here to judge, but you must confess."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 am
Profile WWW

"I stuck my arm into through the window in a door of a meat freezer or something that the meat monster was inside, and it ate my arm. And now it's chasing us."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 am
Loose Canon

"I cut my leg off and then fed myself to the monster to let my friends escape alive. And then it got a lot angrier.
I'm the leg, by the way."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Priestess: "I see. So it is not a monster who chases you, but part of yourselves. Unresolved issues, and guilt from your past sins.

Fear not! The Master has given me Sight, among many boons. I shall gaze unto your souls, and dictate your penance."

Her eyes glow a bright blue through her hood, like lanterns in the night. You feel strangely drawn to them, and incapable of looking away.

Priestess: "One of you is troubled by unrequited love. They realize the other's affections, but something stops them from answering them. They fear being turned into something they are not.

One is bothered by their body, but not for some defect; Rather, they fear the attention they receive is only due to the Flesh they inhabit, and not themselves.

Another is a hollow; A half-broken husk incapable of remembrance, clinging to whomever can give them comfort and direction. In time, they shall recognise the true Master.

One is wrought with anger, and uncertainty. They do not know how to protect that which they love, and it tears at their soul. One could call it jealousy, but it runs deeper than that.

And this one - though they hide behind a shining mask, they tremble with fear on the inside. Strange visions harry them, and inexplicable revulsion churns within.

The final one - why, would you look at that? The prodigal daughter returns home. It is indeed a holy pilgrimage, yours.

IT IS DECIDED. A vile, maneating beast inhabits the old manor on the eastern hills. Its heathen servants hunt and kill many of the faithful, and refuse to abandon their dark ways. You are to seek it out, and purify it with the Master's holy fire.

Only then, the truth you seek will be revealed to you."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"So which is which?"

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am
Profile WWW

"I, um...

I wouldn't want to point fingers to any of those here and now...

But tell us more about this thing in the manor."

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 298  Next