View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 232  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3590
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"The powers that went into the war... we can't even imagine. Nothing can be ruled out. Even if that's not it's physical form, there's something there."

>Get ahold of the banshee. Cradle Emilia.

"Remember the factory! Your mind is your fortress! Don't let in anything!"


Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Wait, if that thing hunts undead, can't we use it against the meatblob?"

>Maybe a little dizzy, but not nauseated. Malia has a cast-iron stomach.


Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Emilia opens her eyes, irises fully dilated in panic as she cries blood.

Emilia: "IT'S NOT GOING IN IT'S ALL GOING OUT-"


You all lurch as Eigla hits the gas, trying to evade the flying object. Rosa shoots it as well, but the strong winds make it nearly impossible to aim.

The wheels spin madly as they fail to find purchase on the wet concrete. The dark object slams against the side of the cabin, a huge steel pipe piercing the windshield and missing Eigla's head by inches. Your vehicle begins to drift and spin out, coming dangerously close to the edge of the highway!


Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"KLIMT! LINK TO HER! SUPPORT HER! NOW!"
> Shoot the thing shoot the thing shoot the thing.

Eigla: CRAWLING FLESH WORK YOUR MAGIC.
REGAIN CONTROL OF THE TRUCK.


Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>sigh.

>Use my snake vines and extra eyes to support Rosa's shots.


Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3590
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Mold fusion. I need to somehow figure out a way to entangle our distributions of the computing matter.
>>The snakes? The snakes. Fine ones, in a limb or something. Like surgery.

>>>I will anchor her spirit.


Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Eigla uses all the might of her Crawling Flesh to keep the truck under control, but the momentum is too strong to counteract. The front bumper slams against the safety rail, letting out a shower of red-hot sparks as the truck continues to be carried forwards by the hurricane winds.


Ignoring the fact he's being recklessly flung about the cargo bay, Klimt grabs Emilia's hands and pulls her into himself, piercing her flesh with his tentacles. For a moment, they are connected.

FRAGMENT OF MEMORY: The Mind-Killer



Her arms stabilised by helpful serpents, Rosa shoots at the object, shattering the windshield completely. Blood and pieces of armor plating fall into the truck's cabin, showering Peggy in gore and broken glass. A strange, mechanical sound emanates from the dark figure.

BOOM


Oh, so it was not just a pipe. It was a pipe-shaped cannon! That makes sense.

The truck's back doors are blown open by the sudden increase in air pressure, allowing the armor-piercing shell to fly clear of it before detonating. You all hang on for dear life, as the storm threatens to suck you out of the vehicle.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3590
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Grab the thread, wrangle it back into her skull!


Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> I cannot bunk. I am too big, and there is a cabin in the way.
Instead, I must shoot. I must cut.
Pistols. I need my pistols. They are much sharper. But, too small.
They must be larger. They must. My Trusted Companions.
Open fire.

Eigla: Keep fleshing. Try to keep us away from the rail.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:54 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Use snakes to keep everyone in the truck.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:02 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


Eigla continues to wrangle with the wheel, trying to either move the truck back off the rail or get it to stop, but it's futile. The brakes have failed, and the engine slips out of gear. The truck begins to tip over, dangerously close to the stormy waters.


Rosa reaches for her pistols, but her webbed, clawed fingers are too big to fit the trigger guards. Without thinking, she thrusts the guns deep into into her chest cavity, trusting her body to adapt them to suit her needs.

It does.

Within seconds, two bony tubes burst forth from her shoulder blades, quickly forming into twin gun barrels. Vents and ammo ports open in pairs along her upper back, full magazines jutting out like spikes on a lobster's carapace. She crawls over the front seat, screaming in pain and battle rage, and unleashes a flurry of shots at the cannon-bearing creature, sending even more blood and shrapnel flying into the truck's cabin. Still, the thing looks wounded!


Malia reaches for the others, trying to keep them in the truck, but only manages to lose her balance, tumbling out of the cargo bay! She grabs onto the rear bumper with her snake arms, barely holding on as her knees painfully scrape against the road.


Klimt seems out of it, eyes closed. He and Emilia slowly slide out of the truck.

Curie: "KLIMT! NO!"


FRAGMENT OF MEMORY: The Mind



Klimt opens his eyes, just in time to see Emilia holding his hand, using all her might to grab a railing and keep him from falling backwards. Behind him, the storm crackles and rages.

Emilia: "I'M GONNA SAVE YOU KLIMT! HOLD ON!"


Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Well. I'm in the cabin now.
If I can, bunk. If I can't, pistols.
I will cleave you in two.

Eigla: ♥♥♥♥ it, the truck is toast. Stop us if you have to, just get us away from the edge. The sea is death.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3590
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Start yelling.

"I lost something - I lost something from my head, you're here, but it ripped out of me when we were connected! God, what was that?"

>Hold on for dear life. Use all of my strength to try and reenter the truck.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>This is fine. Find something more securely attached than the bumper to hold onto, it isn't necessarily gonna stay attached.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Malia is fine with this turn of events. She wraps her snakes around the rear axle for extra safety, and enjoys the soft feeling of the concrete against her legs.

Emilia grits her teeth, struggling to keep a grip on Klimt's hand.

Emilia: "I don't know! I really don't! But I'm not letting go of you! I'm going to keep you safe! You'll see!"

Her biceps bulge as she braces herself against the cargo bay's wall, and all but launches Klimt inside with all her might, then climbs to the outside of the truck.

Emilia: "Hang in there. I'll deal with this."


There is no room for Rosa to turn around and bunk the creature, so she settles for shooting at it repeatedly. Strange cries sound from its body, and large armor plates detach. The cannon fires again, thankfully missing everyone but leaving you all deaf and dazed


Eigla decides to put an end to this madness. Turning the steering wheel towards the railing, she pulls the handbrake and lets the resulting spin catapult the truck away from it. The cannon-bearing shape is flung off the cabin, cartwheeling onto the road before slamming against the concrete barriers on the other side.


The truck continues to spin for a few seconds, but then finally comes to a stop. You are now far away from the giant that the rain has turned into a light drizzle. Is it over?


BOOM

Oh right. It's still alive. The shape gets up on its feet, and you see it's some sort of, winged machine? Perhaps three times as tall as a person, and very solidly built, but with propellers and metal wings on its back, and a huge cannon sitting on its shoulder. It's missed yet another shot, mostly thanks to Emilia, who's currently on top of it, wailing on the thing's sensor array.

Long zombified arms burst from the mech's cracked cockpit, lashing angrily at the bashee. She might need help!


Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 232  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.035s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]