View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Nechronica
"Mary is a good name. It has a plain but classical sort of elegance.
What do you do out here besides raise sheep?"

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

"We were recently attacked by a gun-toting multi-armed, doll, I suppose. Trying to take cover from the rain and eat when she ambushed us in the dark with a bunch of zombies helping her. Got an arrow shot into my eye.

Does any of that sound familiar? Or too vague."

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 pm

EVENTS:

Rosa: "Mary is a good name. It has a plain but classical sort of elegance.
What do you do out here besides raise sheep?"

Mary: "Well... Shear sheep, milk sheep, make cheese, forage for roots... I also have a vegetable garden.

Not much time for hobbies, you see. Hard enough to scrape by, what with the apocalypse and all."

Eigla: "We were recently attacked by a gun-toting multi-armed, doll, I suppose. Trying to take cover from the rain and eat when she ambushed us in the dark with a bunch of zombies helping her. Got an arrow shot into my eye.

Does any of that sound familiar? Or too vague."

Mary: "Multi-armed? Hmm... Well, about two weeks ago, a group of bandits tried to make off with some of my herd. They had a gunner, yes, wearing some sort of longcoat. Several mud-covered zombies, a big ugly brute, and a girl with a crossbow. I managed to scare them off, but not before they shot old Betsy's leg."

She points at a sheep with a noticeable limp.

Mary: "Is that who you're referring to? I hope you managed to escape without too much trouble! Hooligans these days, they're getting more and more violent, I tell you. They weren't even starvies! Why not raise their own food like honest folk? Hmph."

Meanwhile, Klimt gives Peggy a hug.

Klimt: "As long as you are with us, I will protect you."

It takes a few seconds, but she eventually returns it, now crying earnestly.

Peggy: "I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry! *hic* I-I didn't- I..."

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

"Wouldn't say 'without too much trouble.' She attacked us after that, too, in abandoned building. Shot half of Rosa's head off.

How did you fend them off?"

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:20 pm

"Is there something more?"

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 pm

EVENTS:

Eigla: "Wouldn't say 'without too much trouble.' She attacked us after that, too, in abandoned building. Shot half of Rosa's head off.

How did you fend them off?"

Mary looks a strange mix of proud and selfconscious.

Mary: "Oh, you know... I'm not too bad with a blade. Plus, when Mary here charges, no one can quite stop her. We're quite a duo!"

Klimt: "Is there something more?"

Peggy: "I-I lied! I lied, okay? T-there's no stash in the woods, there's nothing there! I-I... I just- I thought I was gonna die! I thought you'd kill me if I wasn't useful anymore! I-I don't wanna die! Not again, please! I-I have nothing left! J-Just- P-please..."

She breaks down completely, sobbing and shivering.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

>Hug her tighter.
"I see now. We are all trying to fight for parts, for food. I can't hold it against you.

But Eigla might. You shot her favorite girl, you know. I will have to intercede."

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 pm
Loose Canon

"Missing half my head was unpleasant. I don't remember much about it. Other than it was unpleasant."

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

"The longcoat-gunner is travelling with us right now. After the second attack, we were about to finish her when she said that she'd lead us to supplies.

I doubt that's all there is to it - a third attack is most likely coming soon. She's scum, worthless, can't be trusted.

We left one of our allies, Klimt, with her to look around this area. I don't know if he'll still be there when we get back.

If you don't mind, could you come with Rosa and I when we head back?"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24 am

EVENTS:

Rosa: "Missing half my head was unpleasant. I don't remember much about it. Other than it was unpleasant."

Eigla: "The longcoat-gunner is travelling with us right now. After the second attack, we were about to finish her when she said that she'd lead us to supplies.

I doubt that's all there is to it - a third attack is most likely coming soon. She's scum, worthless, can't be trusted.

We left one of our allies, Klimt, with her to look around this area. I don't know if he'll still be there when we get back.

If you don't mind, could you come with Rosa and I when we head back?"

There is a sudden, unmistakable edge to Mary's otherwise pleasant voice.

Mary: "Is that so? Hmm.

So, considering she's... Scum, as you said yourself, you wouldn't care much if something... Unfortunate, were to happen to her, would you? The woods are dangerous around these parts."

Klimt: "I see now. We are all trying to fight for parts, for food. I can't hold it against you.

But Eigla might. You shot her favorite girl, you know. I will have to intercede."

Peggy: "P-promise? P-promise not to throw me away now that I'm useless again?"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:40 am
Profile WWW

"If you can shoot for us, you aren't useless."

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 am
Loose Canon

"She's weaponless, crippled, and can barely run. We don't need help to eliminate her. Neither would Klimt.
And she still has to lead us to the stash of food in the woods. And after that, she may be able to hunt for us.
If she becomes useless or dangerous, you can get rid of her. It's pointless to do it before then."
> Small frown at Eigla. Sip tea.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:12 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa: "She's weaponless, crippled, and can barely run. We don't need help to eliminate her. Neither would Klimt.
And she still has to lead us to the stash of food in the woods. And after that, she may be able to hunt for us.
If becomes useless or dangerous, you can get rid of her. It's pointless to do it before then."

Mary gives Rosa a slightly patronising smile.

Mary: "A stash in the woods, she said? Well then, now you can be sure she was trying to trick you. There's nothing in this forest but wolves and monsters. Why, she certainly intended to lure you into the Red Wolf's den, let the beast kill you all, then return to pick your bones clean. Good thing you came to me first!"

Klimt: "If you can shoot for us, you aren't useless."

Peggy looks up at him with a dark, serious expression. Her voice is level and mature, completely at odds with her recent subservience.

Peggy: "I am, though. There's nothing I can do that someone else can't do better. One day, I'll mess up, and you will have no further use for me. What will you do then?"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:25 am
Profile WWW

> Eye Rosa.

"I have no toleration for those who wish to do my friends harm. Waiting for her to be capable before taking her out will most definitely kill one of us. She now knows what we're capable of. Her third strike will be planned, and fatal."

> Face Mary. Sip tea.

"She is yours, if you would be so kind to take her."

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:34 am

"What would I do? These are hypotheticals. In a ruined world, you can't be sure that someone better is out there. You have to live like you are irreplaceable.

And I have failed too, and been forgiven. I failed to prevent you from blowing chunks out of Rosa. I was delirious from hunger. I tore her throat out in a rage. They did not let me go.

This thing about the stash in the woods, though, was a trick you had to anticipate would end horribly. What were you going to do when we found out it didn't exist?"

Last edited by TheKebbit on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 298  Next