View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Nechronica
"A Doll who ran a very large factory we passed through. She ended up being of the Heretic strain, and kidnapped Peggy to use as a living arm factory.
We cut her head off and stuck it in a bucket. Then shredded her body and rebuilt one for Peggy out of it.

Curie. Emilia.
What say you."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 am
Profile WWW

"How does that make Peggy Desirèe? Is it that mold stuff you mentioned earlier?"

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"A large enough bit of the mold can carry an entire mind. Like I said, I regrew from a leg. And in turn, I was infected by a swamp beast. Our pattern is both a blueprint for our body, and the totality of our mind.
Desiree's body was shredded, but reformed. It most likely had enough mass to, reconstitute her pattern. At best, Peggy's taking up some of her mannerisms. At worst, Desiree's mind reformed entirely."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:21 am
Profile WWW

> Try to sneak a thread over to Peggy to interface with her.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 am
Profile WWW

"You've been making me gravely concerned, with your behavior. We've spoken before on your memories of the factory. Desiree was, at some point, creeping into your dreams. You couldn't eat normally. And now your appetite has come back and more, without warning. Not that this is bad - in itself, a sign of improvement. But it seemed like a switch could have been flipped by someone...

Someone who wasn't the original girl. I need you to tell me something that only she could. From the distant past - the living world. Or something from our time with Mary. Otherwise, my heart breaks and I start to fear the worst."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:54 am

EVENTS:

Peggy looks down at Eigla's sword, then back to Klimt worriedly. She opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

Curie frowns.

Curie: "Insufficient information. However, her behaviour seems suspicious, at the very least. I vote we restrain her until she can prove she's not being controlled."

Emilia: "...I would rather not fight. But, I will not let anyone put Klimt in danger. If she is the danger..."

The banshee clenches her hands instinctively, as if throttling someone.

Malia decides to check things for herself. Silently snaking a thread into Peggy's shirt, she probes the outer layers of her mind, absorbing a bit of Madness and the thoughts that come with it.

Fear. They do not trust me. Mary? Who? Wait, in a bucket? Does that- UGH. A memory. What do I know, what do I-

They'll kill me. I, I can't run. Think. THINK, DAMNIT. And you- Stop that! I need to know! Why be silent now, of all times? I-

The blonde's face suddenly relaxes, a side effect of Malia's contact. She speaks softly and confidently, taking a few steps towards Klimt before taking him in her arms.

Peggy: "Klimt, my love... Do you think I would forget? The time we spent together, the passion we shared? And as to the world of the living - Bah! All that needs saying is that it was not worth remembering, up until the day I met you.

I love you so much, Klimt. Don't say your heart is breaking, because then mine breaks too. Come on, you're just stressed out. Let's go back to the truck together."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Frown loudly.
"Stop dodging the topic. You go back to pleading with Klimt to be your savior repeatedly, playing on his emotions instead of any logic. You cannot answer us straight."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 am
Profile WWW

> Calmly rest my hand on Rosa II's hilt. If Peggy attacks or flees, Vines and Crawling Flesh hinder. Attack, with Arm support and all AP.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am

> Interface with Klimt. Maybe I can figure out who Mary is...

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:21 am
Profile WWW

"If we forget who we were when we were alive, we're throwing ourselves away. We're betraying a sacred past that only a few of the dead can ever remember. If you say nothing mattered up until we met, that doesn't sound like love, that sounds like suffocation, codependency, soft murder. You were once the ultimate survivor... ugly, clever, infinitely adaptable. And that was what made Peggy my rough diamond..."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 am

EVENTS:

Malia stretches out towards Klimt's mind, scouring his memories for anything useful. It's a painstaking process, and the strain threatens to make her lose her sense of self, but she manages to dig out a few pieces of useful information.

Long ago, before the threat of the meatblob surfaced, Klimt and Peggy lived on a small farm, belonging to a shepherdess named Mary. Several glimpses of that time surface - Convincing Mary to let Peggy stay, hunting for deer together, escaping the giant wolf in the woods, accidentally breaking off Klimt's-

Oh. Oh wow. That must've hurt. Still, she has plenty of information to relay, should she choose to do so.

Klimt feels himself relaxing, suddenly, so much so that he barely notices Peggy completely ignoring Rosa's questions.

Peggy: "I'm still here, Klimt. That you'd refer to me as a diamond - You have no idea how happy that makes me. And in the same way - If a stone is cut and polished, it does not become another. I may have lost a few jagged edges, but in doing so I can shine brighter than ever.

I don't mean to disrespect the past. I just think, we should focus on the future. Now that it seems like we'll finally be able to have one.

Our future, Klimt. Undead or not, we will survive. Together."

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 am
Profile WWW

> Oh boy. Well, retract from Klimt. I mustn't get too caught up in his psyche.

> Try communicating with Peggy/Desirée. If any hostile action is taken, or she tries to expose my communication to the others, use Pawn's Gambit to push her closer to us and disconnect.

Sorry to interrupt, it's Malia. I'm afraid you really won't be getting out of this alive if you can't answer Klimt's question...

Fortunately for you, I can tell you everything. But what can you do for me?

> :)

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Grk."
> Grab Peggy. Bodily. Pick her up, pull away from Klimt. Use my Arm parts to support action.
Hold her up in front of my face so she is looking right at me.

"Listen to me when I speak to you, you French cherry tart. You are a sadistic cannibal overseer worm, who got their body annihilated yet still managed to pull yourself back together by hijacking the body of my ally. Your veil is paper thin and already in tatters. Do not continue to test my patience by poorly imitating my friend, or I will TRULY start treating you like the enemy I know is in there.
We are going to pluck as much of Peggy out of this body as we possibly can now. There are two ways this can go.
Either we extract enough of her Pattern that we can still recognize her for who she is, in which case your body is now trash and will be discarded as thusly.
Or, your taint still infests her head after I cut it off, in which case she is beyond saving. And so, to not waste her sacrifice, we will cut apart her body, take the pieces with us, and slowly roast them to edibility over the course of several weeks.
I know you are in there. Do not continue your games. I assure you, we are far past the point where they are helping you."

For reference: https://i.imgur.com/MrTuKSw.png

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

As Rosa lifts Peggy off the floor and utters her threat, tears fill the blonde's eyes. A loud dripping sound can be heard.

Peggy: "M-meep."

Meanwhile, words flood Malia's brain.

AAAAA YES HELP SHE'S GOING TO EAT ME

I know a lot! The secrets of Flesh and life and death and undeath! They're all yours if you help me!

And, back at my factory! Once I have regained what is mine - Mountains of Flesh and Meat for you! A thousand servants! Luxuries beyond your imagining!

HELP.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile WWW

What do you know of the master?

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 298  Next