View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Looking back, Rosa sees the zombie guide standing on the workshop's lit doorway, seemingly hesitant to go inside. Molly torso-nods at her.

Molly: "Of course, dear! Oh! And, if you see my assistant around, please do tell her to come back soon. Her name is Rosa, she's quite an interesting hybrid of human and mudperson. I feel like you'd like meeting her!"

She absentmindedly turns to Klimt, twirling a pencil between her manipulator's fingers.

Molly: "Well... I suppose, the brig, but I still can't for the life of me remember where that is. Hmmm.

Hmm.

Hm.

Aha! Considering, how I spend pretty much all the time in my workshop, and Sally decided to move out of the rig itself, and Kelly - I don't think kelly ever sleeps anymore - How about you stay in our old rooms? They're probably a bit dusty, but there's enough amenities for you and your two friends. Here, let me draw you a map..."

A few seconds later, Klimt is the proud owner of a map to the rig's living quarters - Or, half of a map, as Molly seems to have gotten distracted midway through and started sketching blueprints for a snowmobile instead. It's... still readable. Vaguely.

After loading the bike up with a fresh canister of slurry, Malia and Eigla head South along the windmill fields. The fog eventually turns into an irritating drizzle, then lets up as they finish crossing the mudking territory.

The edge of the seawall is visible in the distance, as well as the jagged rocky outcrops that separate it from the mud flat. Beyond the dark, rain-slick spires, lie the flooded city, the bug-infested ship, the pillar man - and most worryingly, the ravenous meatblob.

Looking through the binoculars, Eigla surveys the horizon. It's late afternoon, and a strong gale is coming in from the ocean. Riding atop the seawall would leave them exposed to the winds, but also provide a mostly unobstructed view of their surroundings. On the other hand, taking the lower road would shelter them from the weather, but make for a risker, close-quarters approach.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:19 am
Profile WWW

> Drive out half-way to the seawall, see how long it takes. Try to get an estimate on how long it takes to get from the rig to the seawall, without actually going to the seawall.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:22 am
Loose Canon

"Yes, she sounds lovely.
Hello Mr. Guide. I would like to go see Sally."
> Follow.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:26 am
Profile WWW

>Follow the map to the living quarters, and when the map inevitably ends and we get lost... study the snowmobile? Maybe her train of thought jumped the tracks so fast it still had map-inertia.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:33 am

EVENTS:

The guide zombie bows shortly, chatters in binary for a moment, then leads Rosa out of the room.

Klimt and his followers also take their leave, following the improvised map.

Curie: "Unit will return after having rested, so we may discuss your finsings further."

Molly: "Oh, sure! That'd be lovely. Now where was I..."

As the great doors finally close, an hypogean darkness descends upon the lab. All that remain are the flickering red dots of Molly's control panel, reflecting dimly upon dozens of inhuman eyes.

Eigla drives back and forth between the Rig and the windmills a few times, judging how long it takes. The bike is considerably faster than their truck, and probably than the meatblob as well, but she guesses it'd take a good forty minutes to reach the seawall from the rig, in good weather.

Rosa follows the guide out of the Rig proper, crossing the courtyard to reach the improvised fort beside it. It's a rather haphazard affair made of rusted warships and shipping containers, but looks fortified enough to withstand a frontal assault.

The main gate, however, seems to have been thrown off its hinges, lying crumpled beside the entrance it once blocked. A pair of dolls in old sailor's fatigues do a rather poor job of guarding the perimeter, quickly moving aside as she approaches.

Inside the compound, she is led to a large sheet metal warehouse, with a red cross painted rather crudely beside the main door. The guide beckons her to go in, but stands well clear of the door. Quite the cautious zombie, ain't he?

Klimt does his best to follow the map. The first part is fine, but... Well, let's just say the Rig is definitely not snowmobile-shaped. Following a few signs with "crew quarters" written on them, he only finds rather cramped accomodations for the multitude of zombies and their Doll foremen. A few engineer zombies are coherent enough to understand questions, and point him towards a disused stairwell on the far side of the building.

Several floors up... This could be it, maybe. A short hallway lit by yellowing lightbulbs, with four doors on its end. Every surface is covered in a thick layer of dust an cobwebs, as if this place hadn't been used in years.

Three of the doors have stenciled names on them, slightly smudged and hard to read.

KELLY
MOLLY
*unreadable*LY

Tue May 01, 2018 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Enter.
"Sally?"

Tue May 01, 2018 4:22 am
Profile WWW

> Hm. 40 minutes.

"We might need to go quite a bit of distance to scout more, but it'll get dark soon. I'm going to head back."

> Back to Molly's.

Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 am

>Try Molly's door.

Tue May 01, 2018 4:55 am

>Ridin' a meatbike, oh yeah, ridin' that meatbike.

Tue May 01, 2018 5:39 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa sheepishly pushes the large doors opens and steps inside, crouching to avoid scraping Megarosa's head on the low ceiling. The room beyond is large and badly-lit, the sheet metal walls being lined by a haphazard mix of hospital beds and hammocks.

Several autodocs whirr as their servos move monotonously, a few mounted on wheeled platforms for portability. Most perform routine maintenance on engineer zombies, but there are also some more, unusual, patients. A chainsaw-legged Doll is having an anchor tatooed on her shoulder, a vaguely egg-shaped mass of flesh and mouths keeps vigil over a broken spine placed on a bed, and...

Well, there's a figure at the very end of the hall. It has Sally's helmet, but... Rosa is pretty sure Sally wasn't half as tall as Megarosa, or heavily muscled, or covered in steel plating and rebar. An autodoc seems to be making an incision on the figure's back, while a scared-looking doll uses a pair of pliers to pull out its teeth one by one. They land on the floor with a distinct, metallic *clink*.

Sally: "Wha'? Who's 'ere?"

Eigla and Malia ride the MEATORBIKE back to the Rig, then up the main lift. With some difficulty, they navigate back to Molly's lab, but find the entrance locked.

Hmmm.

Klimt tries Molly's door, finding it open. It's... A small, dusty room, with a single foggy porthole and a bunk bed. Yellowed papers cover most surfaces, covered in scribbles that range from the mundane to the unintelligibly complex. Upon a shelf, sit a few dozen string-bound volumes, all labeled "EXPERIMENTS". Perhaps Molly's research diaries?

Emilia cleans the bed up a bit, then turns over to leave.

Emilia: "I will keep watch. You two rest. I don't know how much I trust our hosts."

Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

> Knock. If no response, look around for a worker zombie.

Wed May 02, 2018 8:07 pm
Loose Canon

"Hello Sally. It's Rosa.
You have grown too."

Wed May 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Sally coughs, then spits out another metal tooth.

Sally: "Ah, the White Whale. I can't see worth a picaroon's hind leg with all this blood in me deadlights. An' I ain't 'grown', ye scallywag. S'just, I've got all this thrice-damned flotsam stuck to me body.

Wha's it worth t'ye? Come ta' preach me a boring and virtuous life like yer pet boy? Well too bad, this lass's a sinner through an' through, an' I ain't gonna take the long clothes for nothing!"

Eigla knocks on the door a few times, but no one answers. Looking for a zombie, she finds an engineer welding a crack in a nearby wall, and gets its attention. The creature looks at her inquisitively, beeping a few times.

Wed May 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

"Do you know where Sally is?"

Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Loose Canon

"No, Klimt already did that, and you already got chastised. Also, I don't care very much unless you try to hurt my friends."

Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273 ... 298  Next