View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
"I would rather not have my life pissed away on some bored pirate's say-so!"

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm

> Await the return of the rest of the party

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm

EVENTS:

Sally grits her metal-clad teeth, and more scrap metal attaches to her body, forming a second peg leg.

Sally: "Hmph. Another spineless wretch. I'm offering ye an unlife of adventure and plunder, and ye prefer... That, whatever that might be that ye'll find up there. Brainless monotony, wasting away for decades on end, thinkin' only of numbers an' spreadsheets an' productivity.

I thought, you'd be different. Having lasted so many years, that you'd still have a bit of spark in you.

This world's truly a corpse."

Limping, the steel pirate turns away, walking back to her fortress. The rest of the party instinctively lets out a sigh of relief, even more so when they notice the large, armed team of engineer zombies, beckoning them to come closer.

Meanwhile, Kelly sits down, looking at the ceiling.

Kelly: "No. Long ago, before finding the Rig, I felt... Alone. Defenseless. I experimented with, branching, and Pattern division. I thought I could control it. Have companions. Friends. Sisters.

I was stupid. None of us three came out as we should have. Equals, are not the cure for loneliness. What I truly looked for were underlings. If only I had known it back then."

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 am
Profile WWW

>Join the pickup team of engineer zombies.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:04 am
Loose Canon

"I see.
So, Sally and Molly are, or, were, part of you."

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:39 am
Profile WWW

> Stand by

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:53 am

> Follow.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:15 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Malia, Klimt and their hangers-on leave the pirate fortress for good. Looking back towards the fog-covered arena, they catch a glimpse of an egg-shaped figure slowly getting back on its feet.

Meanwhile, Kelly stays silent for a long while. When she speaks, her voice sounds mechanical and flat once again.

Kelly: "Hm. Yes. Troublesome, vestigial parts.

Oh, they're back."

Looking at the entrance to the room, the party realises they're all together once again. Nice!

There is much to see and do in the Rig, until the week ends and your dreaded pursuer arrives. Molly might want more test subjects. Sally probably wants a fight. Kelly - Mostly just wants to be left alone, but there might be something else. The actual, proper brig also sounds like not too bad a place to spend the nights.

What will you do?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 am
Profile WWW

"Let's head over to Molly's lab, she probably wants some samples from Klimt and talk to Curie. You also need your shower, Rosa."

> To the lab!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:42 am

>Consent to sampling. We have some time before the thing arrives - maybe she will be able to get some insight into the particular expression of mold controlling my body. For instance, why have I not gone insane?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:45 am
Loose Canon

"Mm, yes."
> Return to the lab, with the power of my map.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 am
Profile WWW

>Keep walking. Keep an eye or two out behind us.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Half an hour later, most of the party stands in Molly's lab, with varying degrees of uneasiness. The skinned corpse's eyes shoot from one person to the other, while the torsogirl calmly takes a skin scraping from Klimt's arm.

Molly: "Now, let's see... How interesting, it seems like your cells physically stretch as you turn into tendrils. Though, compared to what I took from your chest, your arms' material elongates much more easily. Peculiar!

Oh! The sequencer's done. I wonder what took it so long. Oh. Hmmm.
You do have, an awful lot of Pattern in you! I wasn't expecting that. Though, this is some rather crude grafting. Hmm. Curie, what do you make of this?"

Curie: "Hard to say. These areas, and that one, follow the standards for repurposed infantry units from the Euro wars. However, THOSE parts seem to have grown much more organically, and there's also a high degree of duplication in order processing structures. Unit would guess OPERATOR Klimt's core Pattern was modified... Three, perhaps four times in total, using disparate interfaces on each."

Molly: "Wait, you can identify the control structures? Oh goodness, do tell - Me and Kelly, we had to replicate a radiohead Doll's call by trial and error, then graft RF receivers in each of the..."

The conversation devolves into rather hard to follow technical terms, with Molly growing more excited and curious by the minute. Curie seems unusually satisfied, as well - At last she's able to show someone her encyclopedia-like knowledge without overwhelming them.

Rosa, meanwhile, takes the time to wash the mud from her body at a decontamination station. The hoses and sponges are rather undersized, but get the job done well enough.

Her larger half is now considerably less human than before - Its mouth has taken the circular, multi-fanged aspect of a mud king's crown, and its head partially sunken into its neck. Her feet are elephant-like and spongy, and most of her Flesh is covered in a perpetually-moving layer of feelers, like the underside of a sea urchin. As she walks, she has to take care not to smash into things with her massive shark tail. Overall, it vaguely reminds her of a Kaiju from old science fiction movies.

Malia feels... Watched. The rest of the Rig was one thing - Guards and sentry guns abounded, but the lab... It feels as if there's something, more, there. Unknown intelligences and deformed eyes peeking from every dark corner, with inscrutable intents. There's, far too many shadowy forms in stasis pods and test tubes, and the abundance of scientific equipment reminds her of - She's not sure, exactly, but - somewhere unpleasant.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 am
Profile WWW

> Wait for a break in Molly and Curie's conversation -

"When you were contacted by Desuri, how much did she say? How much damage did the factory take?"

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 am
Loose Canon

"I am going to find Sally, to get some new... clothes?
Molly, do you know where- Actually. Can you call a guide?"
> Wait for Eigla to be done talking, and the guide to get here. Then head out.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 298  Next