View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Molly shrugs, stepping back as Rosa removes a dozen lumps of Rosa parts from the tub.

Molly: "Sentience is one thing, consciousness is another. It's much easier to operate on someone if they're trapped inside their own mind.

And - Science, and the advancement of civilization, is a much greater purpose than the wellbeing of a few individuals - even more so nowadays, considering how easy it is to make copies of people.
Oftentimes, one must give up on their wishes and desires, so that their ultimate objective can be accomplished, or for the good of all. Please do write that down, assistant."

BATTLE:

Klimt advances towards the serpent-like appendage, lashing at it with his tendrils. The creature seems to mirror his movements, however, expertly weaving through his attacks before wrapping itself against his arm. A powerful pull later, and his hand is torn clear off its socket, tendons snapping like overdrawn bowstrings, and immediately absorbed into the brainmass's spreading bulk.

Emilia: "Klimt! Don't let it get too close!"

Battle Map:
[] Hades
[] Tartarus
[Snake, Klimt] Limbo
[] Elysium
[Emila] Eden

Last edited by Areku on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"...............................
What, do you want to accomplish, Molly?"

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 am
Profile WWW

>Attempt to output maximum hurt with three Meat Snake attacks, reserving 1 AP to defend with Steel Bones.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 am

> Stand by. DEFENSIVELY

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:26 pm

EVENTS:

Molly turns away, starting once again to work on sewing Rosaflesh to the braindead zombie.

Molly: "It's a bit obvious, isn't it? I'd like to see progress again. Back when humanity was still a thing - I hear they made incredible discoveries. Technologies we can barely think of. Flying machines, AIs, gigantic communication networks... It's said that new things showed up every day, and science was a pillar of society. I want to be a part of that. This world seems to be bent on stagnating and shutting down, but that's not fair. There should be labs, and universities, and research, and knowledge! This is just a dark age, like those that happened so long ago. A hiccup in our history.

I will see it end."

Eigla liquefies partway through, and wraps around Bigrosa's body like a fleshy, bulletproof blanket. MAXIMUM DEFENSIVELY-NESS.

BATTLE:

Like two frenzied octopi, Klimt and the serpent coil around one another, thrashing and tearing in a deadly embrace. Klimt feels a tentacle wrap around his head, and his jaw pops uselessly off its socket as his skull is crushed halfway through. He is pulled towards the brainmass, arms and legs being absorbed into its bulk, as tendrils burrow into his flesh.

He is far from defeated, however - And the serpent's close proximity gives him the perfect chance to strike. Pushing against the brainmass with his stump legs, he wraps his torso against the snake's base, spinning his spiked innards to create an impromptu blender. The creature shrieks and bites madly at him, but it is too late. With a sound like tearing fabric, the oversized tentacle rips free of Curie and flies across the room, twitching for a few moments before finally expiring.

The brainmass's growth seems to stop, and Klimt feels he's no longer being pulled inside. Emilia runs to his side, cradling his torso in her arms.

Curie: "I think you did it! I'm, I'm regaining control. Are you okay-"

Emilia: "YOU TORE OFF ALL OF HIS LIMBS, YOU MONSTER!"

Curie: "...Oh."

Klimt's coffin beeps, indicating it is ready to work. There is plenty of Flesh left in the serpent, as well.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Okay."
> Pat Eigla. We are done here.
Oh, write that down first.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

>Try to tell Emilia to use the Coffin to print a jaw/face (perhaps by waving my stump arms up toward my head) and restore my brain matter to its original state (Happy Pills). When I can speak:

"That stung. It's not great having your own snakes used against you."

>The flesh of the tentacle can serve to repair all my limbs, leaving only two missing entrail slots.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:53 pm

> Accept headpats

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:42 pm

EVENTS:

Klimt does not even need to gesture - Emilia is already hard at work extracting the new parts from his Coffin, and using the dead serpent to replace his lost tendrils. The flesh attaches very easily - It is similarly remarkable to his own, though he has to consciously stop if from lashing out at any nearby movement at first. Much like what happened when he lost control back at the factory, it seems.

Emilia: "It's' it's fine. I, there's not enough here to fix your entrails, but I'll give you my stomach when you need to eat. You're going to be okay."

Over a few minutes, the brainmass mostly recedes to its original size, allowing Curie's body to envelop it once more. She seems to have lost some material, however, and large gaps in her skin are visible where it failed to reform, mostly around her abdomen. Looking down embarrassedly, she picks up her cranial fluid-soaked kimono and drapes it around her shoulders.

Curie: "Sorry..."

Meanwhile, Rosa pets her Eiglacape, and writes down a few notes in her book. The three Dolls begin to leave the laboratory, leaving Molly to her experiments.

Back at the corridor, they find a large rubberized tarp, neatly folded on the floor beside the zombike. How convenient!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile WWW

> Cover the bike with the tarp, use some Vine to hitch it to the back of Rosa Shark.

"Let's get back to that resting place."

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 am
Loose Canon

> Make sure Malia is covered too.
Oh. Where is Peggy?

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:58 am
Profile WWW

"Don't worry, it happens to the best of us... remember the factory? We need to see about repairing that skin soon, somehow.

Do you remember much from the peak of the growth?"

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:14 am

EVENTS:

Eigla ties the bike to Rosa's back using her vines, then stretches the tarp over them like a giant raincoat. Malia sticks close to the protection afforded by the giant.

Rosa notices Peggy's absence. Hmm. They left her barrel with Klimt, didn't they? She should be safe with him. Probably.

Meanwhile, Curie looks down guiltily.

Curie: "I... I, no. No, I don't. Unit - I, need a moment..."

She begins to edge out into the corridor, trying her hardest not to make eye contact.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

> Board SharkRosa cockpit with RosaHuman

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:17 pm

> Not sure I want to be "inside" Rosa. Try to find a way to hold onto the mech.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282 ... 298  Next