View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

The giant growls angrily at Klimt, grease and dried blood squirting out of its sawtoothed mouth. The smaller creature runs in his direction, and before he has time to dodge, it's gotten hold of his arm, and pulled something out of it.

...His IV catheter? But - But he needs that! Without his medication, he'll become sick! He'll, he'll turn into one of THEM! No, anything but tha-

A hand touches his shoulder, and he turns back to look. A hollow creature breathes upon his neck, filth streaming out of its crinkly, scabbed-over skin. Behind it, lies a grotesque, rotund sphere of overgrown brains and eyeless heads, shivering as tentacles burst through its skin to grasp at his arms.

Klimt?

He passes out.

A few moments later, his eyes open up again. Emilia is kneeling next to him, shaking him gently by the shoulders. Next to her, he can see Eigla and Curie. Rosa stands a little ways away, ogling him grumpily.

The world, it seems... Normal, perhaps. Or, at least, like the type of abnormality he's used to.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 am
Profile WWW

>Collect thoughts.

"The intelligence inside this boat. It thinks the entire world is sick, and that only objects connected to it are clean. I saw myself alive. That insect caretaker... it was a young nurse. You pulled an IV out of my arm. I don't know what you actually did, but it was a disconnection. You all looked like abominations - not ordinary reanimated people, so much worse."

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 am
Loose Canon

"She cut your connection to the boat.
Hm. Interesting. Strong hivemind insect guardians, with extremely little pattern to their Flesh.
An entire colony intelligence, probably infesting the entire ship.
It views everything else as horrific monsters.
Hm.
I wonder what this ship once was."

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:33 am
Profile WWW

"Interesting, but dangerous.

Are we investigating, or leaving?"

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 am
Loose Canon

"We are here to stay the night. After the fight we gave their guardians, I doubt any more of the creatures want to fight.
We will stay, with a watch."

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 am
Profile WWW

"I'll be first watch, then."

> Keep watch.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:43 am

"You guys can keep watch or whatever."

> Promptly lay down to go to bed, assuming that's a thing I can do. I haven't done it yet.

>̠͈̘͎͙͚̖̌̌ͭ͗̊͑̄̾͝͝ ̥̺̪̪̃̐̈́͒́̍̉ͣ͑͡Ȩ͔̫̦̘̦̺͆̂͗̏ͅX̎ͩͥ͏͎T̸̹̭̲̥͇̘̜̜̐͋̓̋̎͘R͋́̂̑͂ͪ҉̞̫͈̦̪A͖͍̼̞̞̙̹̝̰̒ͧ̍̑͊ͥ ̗͎̹̭́̇̒ͮ͠ͅͅĘ̻̂̋ͬͧ̔̽͡Y̹̜̙̘̪͚̗̒͑̓́̂̕͜E̻̬̫͑ͬ̏ͯ͊̆͜ͅS̴̴͎͙̞̩̅̔̐ͬ̿͞:̵͍͇̬̙̭̅̈̒̆͑̉͜ ̤͖̙̣ͭ͊̆̀ͅĨ̴͍̟̻̺̲̮̗͂̍͊́͞ ̓̓̏ͭ̐͏̷̭̭̠͇̥͕̯͕̭A̲̝̥̼̮̤̭̤͑̀̋͋ͨ͆̉́̚M̸̗͎̻̆͒̒́͆̈́ ̻̠͔̘̞̺̗̏̒̋̈́ͅA̢̱̲͍̩͔̭͙̅ͩ͋͛ͧ͐͛̒ͯḶ̱̯̾͒̅̅͘͝Ẁ̖͓̮̙̟͈̲̄̽̒͛ͬ̾ͅA̡͋ͮ̾҉̲Y̴͙̲̰̹͍̣͕͋̃͘͢Ş̘̯͙̗͙̰̬ͬ̑̈ͣ̿ͩ͞ ̴̫̹̏͆̇ͬͫ̉̒W̶̛̮̘̝̜̞̤̘ͬ̒͑Ą̪͖̩͉͍̭͔̘̫̾̍̿͐͋̽̇T́ͥ̏̒̑͛̅͌͜҉̳̮̰̦̥̕ͅC̘̩͆̋͂̾͞ͅH̞̻ͮ̃̊̈́̓͛̀I̓̎͏̥̝͕̝̠̀N̴̞̝̹͎͙̩͖͗͐ͭG͉̺͎̠̱̞̹̣ͪͥ͒́

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 am
Profile WWW

"I can take the second watch after Eigla."

>For now, rest.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm

EVENTS:

The night approaches quickly, and the party decides to settle down and sleep. Making some distance between them and the mucus-coated hallway, they set up camp around the bonfire.

Rosa lies down on her side, finding the hard metal floor surprisingly comfortable. Her tail coils around her body unconsciously, and she is quick to relax. Eigla climbs up on the sharkgirl's shoulder, using it as a vantage point for her watch.

Klimt lies down, somewhat forcibly receiving a lap pillow from Curie. Emilia sits down a respectful distance away, lightly shutting her eyes. Peggy hesitates for a few moments, but eventually approaches and begins to spoon him.

Malia props her body against a short wall, tilting her head backwards so as to enlarge her field of view. Shutting her main eyes, she opens the ones lining the inside and outside of her forehead, watching intently for any movement as her conscious mind drifts off to sleep.

___

___

Malia watches the hours pass without incident. Klimt gets up, and Eigla goes to sleep amid Rosa's red-hot, steam-producing flesh.

A few smaller insects crawl on the deck, but none dare approach. Peggy keeps a single eye open through the night, concealing it under her hair.

It is entertaining at first, watching the others sleep, but soon boredom encroaches upon her mind. She recounts a few tales to herself, and dreams of fantastical landscapes and cyclopean vistas, recounting the events of the day. Bugs, and nurses, and huge steel ships, and her body splitting open.

Eventually, she can no longer tell apart her memories and reality.

Fragment of Memory: Necromancer

A grey, foggy morning arrives. Klimt seems to be the only one fully awake, looking patiently at the sea.

It's probably time to get going.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Rise. Stretch.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am
Profile WWW

"I don't think there is much of a point to remaining on this boat. The mystery of how it perceives the world is not worth uncovering - we lose time."

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 am

> Remain where I am, eyes wide open.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 am
Profile WWW

> Look at Rosa, see what she thinks.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:38 am
Loose Canon

"Of course.
It is an interesting relic, but ultimately we have a goal and a pursuer. We must keep moving."
> Oh. I can't make any clothes from them, but, are there chitin plates big enough for makeshift sandals? Or even, metal plates maybe?

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 am
Profile WWW

> Help Rosa gather materials, and follow her if/when she leaves. Stay on guard as always, ready to Defend/Protect/Vine [Support Rosa].

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 298  Next