Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

Nechronica
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46189
Page 272 of 297

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Inspect Rosa's new form.

"I see you have some, new armor.

It takes approximately forty minutes to get from the rig to the seawall. I'll need to do more scouting, set some mile markers out so we can properly time baiting the pillar man. Going to get dark soon, so Malia and I returned, we'll finish scouting tomorrow."

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Sun May 06, 2018 6:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"Ok... That's... that's good... Cause I could use a hug right now...
Surgery... hurts like a ♥♥♥♥♥..."
> Look at my each others.

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Sun May 06, 2018 6:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Gently hug human-sized Rosa

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Sun May 06, 2018 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Hug back.

Author:  TheKebbit [ Sun May 06, 2018 7:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"You were more than good. Thank you for staying behind, keeping a lid on their madness and maybe helping diffuse a bit of scientific sense into them.

What do you have in mind?"

Author:  CrazyMLC [ Sun May 06, 2018 11:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

>Oh, talking from Molly's lab? It must be some miserable scrap of flesh, like those samples those fools gave her.

>Laugh at its misfortune.

Author:  Areku [ Tue May 08, 2018 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

EVENTS:

Rosa opens up her cockpit, allowing Eigla to enter and hug her smaller body. The sharkgirl looks unhurt, but her reddened eyes and shivering muscles tell the story of her suffering. The two heads look at each other, and Megarosa's arms instinctively wrap around Eigla as well.

Sally: "Well ain't that bloody adorable! Hah.

Anyhoo, s'getting too dark to go scoutin', an' I still need to finish fixin' up me body. Ye two scallywags can stay there if ye want, jes' don' bother me."


The pirate captain sits back down on one of the hospital beds, and the autodocs continue to remove rebar and rubble from her insides.



_________________________________


Curie looks down, fidgeting.

Curie: "Well. I have, seen, the meatblob. And it will be here soon, and it'll be risky, and- I realise, there is a chance, an unavoidable chance, we will be destroyed. Or, worse yet, you alone will.

A-and, I don't, want to lose you again. I really don't. It's been so little time... And...

I know it's childish. I'm childish. I..."


She begins sniffling, and looks away. When her head turns back at you, her face has once again uncoiled into a squirming mass of tendrils and barbs, this time spreading down along her neck and chest like a bizarre vertical maw.

Curie: "Can I, kiss you?"


You're not quite sure how she's talking. It's as if the sound came from inside your head.

_________________________________


Malia laughs loudly, prompting the voice to speak once again.

"What was that?"

"..."

"You sure? ...Okay. I... Okay."



The threadgirl then continues to meditate.

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 08, 2018 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"Where do you want to stay for the night?"

Author:  CrazyMLC [ Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Oh well, may as well get a closer look while Eigla's doing Eigla things.

Author:  TheKebbit [ Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"It would be okay to live on without me - don't convince yourself otherwise. You are a complete person.

As for that... you may."


>Demorph my physical shape to tentacles: undo my head from its skin-bound form. The chaste "kiss": entanglement of mind states, mold fibrils and tendrils. Dive deep.

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"Somewhere with a roof. I'm... I'm sick of sleeping out in the open with this body. It sucked."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

"Okay. Let's find a comfy place with a roof."

> Search around with Rosa for unoccupied places with sturdy walls and a roof.

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Fri May 11, 2018 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Help search.
Side note. How roomy is my 'cockpit'?

Author:  Areku [ Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

EVENTS:

Eigla and Rosa decide to leave the medical tent's confines and search for a more private place to sleep. Wandering around the fort, they come across a series of loading bays for Sally's quadruped gun platforms. The last one is vacant, and large enough for Bigrosa to stretch comfortably, so they decide to set up camp there. Almost immediately, a weak drizzle begins falling - It's probably a good thing Eigla decided to postpone her scouting for tomorrow.

Rosa examines her cockpit. When fully closed, it fits around her body quite snugly, steel cables pulling Bigrosa's ribcage closed. However, by relaxing a bit, she can make it large enough for two, maybe three people to fit in there, like some bizarre flesh-and-iron tent.


___________________________________

Malia decides to investigate. Shimmying her threads through the door jamb, she lifts the lock mechanism and gently slides it open. The great darkness of Molly's lab beckons.

"This might hurt a bit. Sorry~"

CHUNK

SPLURT

The distant sound of metal against flesh startles her, and she hears muffled screaming. Then, more cutting sounds. Then silence.


____________________________________


Klimt's form loses coherence as his face buries itself into Curie's. Their embrace slips the bonds of their bodies. He drowns deep inside himself, and her.


...


It's dark. Quite dark. How long has it been? He can't feel his legs. Green letters blink before his eyes, or not-eyes. He can't close them.

DATA CORRUPTION DETECTED. DEFRAG INITIATED.

EXTERNAL DRIVE: RUNNING SCAN... COMPLETE. ONE FILE FOUND. DISPLAYING.


A landscape materializes around him. Great farmlands, pockmarked by sentry towers and warehouses. Tall, humanoid figures till the fields, oblivious to his presence, spike-like metal legs passing straight through his form. In the distance, a fortress-like city of steel and concrete.

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Fri May 11, 2018 3:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nechronica

> Open wide. Reach arms forward to Eigla.
"Eigla."

Page 272 of 297 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/