View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"...oh. Ooooh.
The Arm Bike.
...in all that happened, I had. Um. Forgotten.
Apologies for dragging you into this."


Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Can you forego this armor? We won't make it in time..."


Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> They're fine without me. Keep scouting ahead.


Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


Anne: "Hrm. You should be apologising for taking a sentient person as your vehicle, before that. But let bygones be bygones."

Pierre: "Things happen. It's the way of this world. If not for you all, and your blob, some other doom would have visited the village in time. So don't sweat it too much, it's-"

Anne: "Merde! They're coming. Hang on tight!"


Indeed, looking back, it's possible to see a flock of large shapes, rapidly falling down the chasm in pursuit of the party. Anne guns the engine, and the sudden negative G-force causes everyone to redout for a moment.


...


Well, this is strange. In the few seconds it took the girls to get back to their senses, the landscape seems to have changed dramatically. The Rosas that make most surfaces are more compacted here, faces and limbs indistinguishable as they're pressed together by the sheer gravity of the blob's core. Droplets of a sticky white liquid rain down from the distant ceiling, congealing into a sort of heavy foam as they hit the ground, covering the landscape in a slippery carpet of froth.

Some strange structure can be seen in the distance, its broken metal frame curled in a spiral around a small metal bridge. Millions of winged forms circle it like a living hurricane, occasionally crashing into one another and falling into the bottomless chasm below.




____________________________________________________________________________________


Sally shakes her head.

Sally: "Nay, unless someone rips me guts out've it. An' that's gonna take a while."

She punches the side of her torso, denting the adhered metalwork and causing a gush of blood to spray out. Within seconds, a viscous tar begins to seep from the wound, collecting particles of floating dust to cover the damaged area.

Sally: "Bloody body, always thinkin' I'm about to die. I ain't hidin' within' yer shell!"




Meanwhile, Malia takes long strides towards the Rig, using the threads in her legs as springs to catapult herself along the muck. Shrapnel and discarded artillery shells litter the path, like breadcrumbs left behind by her quarry.

Seems like this blob won't stop for anything, huh?


Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Who was chasing us?"


Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Start to feel a little nervous about going off on my own. Stop to scavenge whatever I can from the devastation.


Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"I don't want to abandon you here, but if Malia and I can't arrive before the worst happens we won't be effective. Would you be able to make it on your own?"


Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Is that the core?
And, what are those, flying things?"


Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:


Pierre: ”Rosa was chasing us. Other Rosas, I mean. They’re like ants, coming out of the woodwork to defend their nest. The winged ones are probably Rosas too.”

Anne: ”If this was the core, I doubt we’d still be solid. Fret not, we have plenty to suffer through yet!”

As you approach the bridge, one of the echoes looks up from its perch on Rosa’s back.


Echo: ”This... Looks like the old transmission tower, after we left the snow-covered valley.

I guess I shouldn’t have left that crow behind...”



The cloud of winged devils beckons, pitch-black wings closing upon you like a charcoal dome. Should you fight, or just try to speed on through?



______________________________



Meanwhile, Sally grits her teeth and gives Klimt a defeated shrug.

Sally: ”Sooner arr later. I jes’ hope I’m not too late.”



Malia decides to wait for a moment, and let the others catch up to her a bit. She looks around for anything of use, but little can be seen through the mist save for gigantic footprints and spent artillery shells.


Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Such ridiculous ruin...
Anne, how do you know all this? About the core, where it is, how to summon a bike."
> I am not opposed to fighting them, but... we have a time limit. Hurry onward. If they attack, we will fight back.
I am, excited, to have my normal guns back.


Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Nevermind. Looks like she's waiting. Let's try to get you there."

>Make haste, carrying Sally!


Last edited by TheKebbit on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Grumble. Help Klimt carry Sally, while eyeing her hungrily.


Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Stand by, keep watch of those birds. Have Rosa II at the ready.


Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Anne shrugs, adjusting her glasses.


Anne: ”I don’t know if there’s a core. But the old man says there should be, and I don’t have any better plans. And, can’t you feel it? This... It’s like, gravity. A mad, crawling thing pulling down on the back of your mind, telling you to become one with this world, to forget yourself and add to the mass of this, this black hole of a being.

It’s getting louder with every mile we travel. You might have to shoot me yet, ma chèrie, before I end up listening to it.”



She turns back for a moment, a sad but annoyingly smug smile plastered on her face.

Anne: ”Oh, also - you’re saying you can’t summon bikes at will? Weak.”


A Rosa-faced harpy impacts the front of the sidecar, nearly pushing the bike off the bridge. Eigla quickly unsheathes her blade, but not before Pierre has stabbed his sword into the creature’s chest, pushing the still-shrieking monster off the edge and into the darkness below, as more avian forms swoop down at you.


Pierre: ”I think I’ll need a hand with these, oui? Unless you fancy finding out how deep that chasm goes!”



_____________________________


Malia turns on her feet, deciding that she should probably not try to face the giant monster without backup, or at the very least some snacks. She leaps back towards Klimt and Sally, wrapping her threads around the armored girl like a climbing harness.

Sally: ”Wait wha-“

Klimt is quick to understand her plan, and the two entwine their respective tendrils for added strength, before surging forwards with superhuman speed, dragging Sally along like a pair of sled dogs pulling a wrecking ball.

Despite the pirate captain’s surprise and profanity-laden protests as she rolls and bounces on the mud, the three of them practically glide across the windmill fields, leaving the other survivors far behind, and it is not long before the Rig itself comes into view.


Devastation reigns. The destroyed, still-twitching shells of armored vehicles and quadruped haulers are strewn about like discarded toys, and burning craters serve as testimony to the innumerable explosives fired. The Meatblob’s gargantuan form is now at the base of the Rig, below the minimum range of its many guns, and seems to be attempting to scale the structure. A few Dolls throw molotovs and bombs at it from the upper walkways, and teams of zombies and engineers pepper its feet with small arms fire, while attempting to fight back against the crawling flood of Eiglalings and Rosalings that fall out from the monster’s every orifice.


What will you do?


Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Hrm.
There is entirely too much French in this motorcycle. It reminds me of Desiree. I hope my pistols aren't of French manufacture as well."
> It's been too long since I had a good chance to just shoot things, with my hands and my guns, the way god intended.
Rifle out, fire on anything that flies in our way.


Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.039s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]