View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4370
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Hmmm. Supplies for a long trip, or maybe... Something more, heretical.

Let's go find the others, Fence. Sounds like we're headed North."


Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Follow? She seems under control now.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10216
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0012



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Sei: "Hmmm. Supplies for a long trip, or maybe... Something more, heretical.

Let's go find the others, Fence. Sounds like we're headed North."


The Captain looks around to find that Langley and Kanas are already present. The fourth member of the party, Gabriel, is nearby as well, talking to a young woman wearing a large grey coat.

A coat, in this weather? Seems, heretical.

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a h

"Thank you for guiding me, Madam."

You extend your hand for a handshake, and she reaches out and reciprocates. A good firm grip without being overly aggressive.

"My name is Gabriel."

Woman: ”Charlotte.”

She looks around and quickly notices the other people that make up your party.

Charlotte: ”Are these your friends? Interesting group you have here!”


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

Hm, let’s see. Your trout is fairly large, maybe about 30 pounds, and you’ve already gutted and cleaned it.

Twenty pence is a good price for this one, yes.


Approaching a nearby fish trader, you show him your catch and he takes a moment to weigh it and look it over.

Fish Trader: ”I can do ya ten pence.”

Ten..!?

________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Grabbing the vial of death dew essence, you approach the door of the cabin you’re currently in.

Opening it will probably make a noise, and possibly alert whoever’s out there to your presence. There aren’t any windows in here, so you can’t get a look outside at the moment.


Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Why yes, those are my companions! I'm impressed, though I suppose we stand out a bit, don't we?"


Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3753
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"That's not serious. This one would fetch twenty and a few pence at the minimum in Constance. I can do you a shave better - 18 pence."


Last edited by TheKebbit on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2832
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Who is there? A customer?"


Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4370
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Seems like getting a priest paid off! Walk towards them, flash badge only when I'm close, in case she runs away and I need to tackle her.

"Blesser. Found one already, I see. What was she doing?"


Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Hm? This lovely soul was just helping me find my way back to the docks."


Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Starting to detect a pattern with our captain.
Sigh. Well, buckle in for the ridiculous ride. If she IS a heretic I can strike fast.


Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4370
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"...Is that so?

You live around here, girl? What's the cloak for, on a hot day like today?"


Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Place a ward around the captain, she seems like she's going to find trouble one way or another. Might as well protect her now.


Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10216
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0013



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Gabriel: "Why yes, those are my companions! I'm impressed, though I suppose we stand out a bit, don't we?"

Charlotte: ”Quite a bit! Not often that there’s such a gathering of such, varied, people.”


The Captain approaches Gabriel and the woman, flashing her badge once she’s close. Charlotte watches the captain unflinchingly, a friendly smile on her face.

Sei: "Blesser. Found one already, I see. What was she doing?"

Gabriel: "Hm? This lovely soul was just helping me find my way back to the docks."

Sei: "...Is that so?

You live around here, girl? What's the cloak for, on a hot day like today?"


The woman suddenly turns smug, and reaches into her coat.

Langley tense up, ready to pounce.


Charlotte: ”Don’t come from these parts, no. As for this coat, it has a purpose...”

She pulls something out of her coat in a blur of motion and Langley whisks her rapier out of its sheath, the fencer freezing mid-stride when she sees - a hat?

Charlotte places a grey deerstalker cap on her head with authority and stands proudly as her coat flourishes behind her.

Charlotte: ”A symbol of my profession! Seeker of truth, informant of justice! Private Investigator, Charlotte Copperhead at your service!

Well, I’m actually on a job right now. At your service when next available!”



~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m soul

Confidence and fills you, easing your worries and strengthening your will!


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a h

You quietly ward the Captain, and perform a minor exorcism in the process.

Faint traces of the curse - not enough to be noticeable, but something that can build up and cause symptoms over time. All cleansed now, though.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

"That's not serious. This one would fetch twenty and a few pence at the minimum in Constance. I can do you a shave better - 18 pence."

Fish Trader: ”Constance eh? Those the prices you run over there?

How ‘bout fifteen.”



________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

"Who is there? A customer?"

No response.


The sound of shattering glass can be heard - a beaker or vial shattering, perhaps. Someone must be in your black powder experimentation cabin.


Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
i like this girl


Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4370
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
i like this girl too

>Unexplainable surge of confidence! Chuckle.

"Hah. Keep the hat on, lady. There's been sightings of a witch in a longcoat around these parts, don't want to confuse us poor Hunters.

Speaking of that - You seen anything unusual? A detective ought to have powerful observation skills, eh?"


Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3753
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>I don't have all too much time to haggle. Maybe the prices really are lower here. Probably I'm being robbed.

"I'll take it. A fine day to you."

>You know, let's go back to the medicine woman's place. I am interested in what else she might have - or if she needs any ingredients from the sea.


Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:03 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.027s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]