View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Head into town, try to find some of the local rats.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 am

>Make my way down to the port - the seaside drinking spots of sailors and the docks themselves should be full of potential sources, some of whom I may know from business.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 pm
Loose Canon

> Oh, good. Covert action.
My favorite.
Go with ALCHEMIST.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

>Locate a town square or plaza to overhear some juicy rumors.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:51 am
Profile WWW

Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Gabriel: "Why the insistence on being so... covert? Could we not just enter and let Solis sort them out?

Maxim: "Yes, is there any reason to expect heretics in the guard? What are we to do, just squat outside of the town limits and wander back and forth until we find evidence of activity? At some point we will have to speak to someone."

Diamond: "Well, what do we know about heretics so far? They're looting bastards and have no issue being dirty enough to kill people. Does this place have a sewer or a cave nearby?"

Langley: "It's approaching dusk, but it's still plenty bright out. The road guards let us through without troubles, I doubt that any cultists will stab us in the face if we walk right in, especially not in the daytime. They skitter in the dark, not walk out in the sun.
That said we definitely need to watch our backs when we lay up for the night. We might retain the element of surprise if we sneak in, but the knife boy's the only one I actually think could manage that. The rest of us would just get caught and in a heap of trouble."

Diamond: "If we're going to be covert then we could disguise ourselves as one and see if we can join one of their masses if they have one."

Sei: ”You’re hunters now, boys. We walk amid the shadows to defend the Light. When the time comes, we will stride proudly among the heathen throngs, and their vile forms shall cower before our might. Until then, we wait and observe.

Which is to say, uh, there’s no need to be exceedingly covert, we just shouldn’t announce our presence willy-nilly. Chances are there’s a bunch of heretics here, and just half a dozen of us. We’ll act as if we’re normal travellers, find a place to stay, and have a good look around town. Then, when we find our target - we strike decisively.”

Gabriel: "When you put it that way Captain... I suppose we don't really know how many cultists there are. If it were the whole town or a sizable portion, then we would be dead to rights if anyone even suspected us of being hunters.

Captain, I don't think either of us could ever pass as heretics; perhaps we should wait outside while the others scout the city."

Diamond: "So much for no splitting up."

Sei: ”It’s splitting the party for a reason, though. And the blesser is right - he’e stand out from a mile away, and there’s a good chance the heretics know me from the fight back at your house. Speaking of that, there’s a good chance they’ll know about you, as well.

The others... It could work. Go look around town, see if things look dire, report back soon and try not to get into trouble. If something happens, set something on fire and we’ll come running. How does that sound?”

Maxim: "I'd be willing to go into town and blend in."

Sei: "Then it's decided. Fisherman, stabgirl, alchemist, murderhobo, you four head into town and find out what the word on the street is. Me and the blesser will stay back and provide support if you get into trouble."

Gabriel: "If you're not back out by the end of the day, we'll assume the worst."

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Roll 0034

~~~

563-05-14
Afternoon

~~~

Charlotte: "Guess I'll head into town too, take a poke around."

The Captain and the Blesser find a nearby hill that overlooks the town as the other five party members head into town.

~~~

You head into town, following behind Diamond as she navigates to the town square. Finding a building to lean against, the two of you stand by and listen to the dense traffic of people passing by, hoping to catch snippets of useful information.

Unfortunately, it appears that most of them seem to glance at you and make remarks about your strange outfits. You suppose your academy uniform isn’t the most discrete piece of clothing.

You and the Blesser find a nice hill overlooking the entire town.

Ports full of sailors with the fish market adjacent, the general markets nearby, various trade shops, wealthy residential areas, and then the slums.

Not much to do now besides wait, you suppose.

You and the Captain find a nice hill overlooking the entire town.

Ports full of sailors with the fish market adjacent, the general markets nearby, various trade shops, wealthy residential areas, and then the slums.

Not much to do now besides wait, you suppose, and pray for the safe return of your team.

Heading into town, you make your way into the port.

The people here are familiar to you - you’ve done business in this port many times before, and quickly find yourself in conversations among the sailors and traders.

One thing that stands out is the apparent appearance of small workshops in the more run-down part of town, ordering good quality steel and wood. A strange place for a smith or carpenter, so far off from the markets and in a place likely to get burglarized.

Heading into town, you walk the streets until you find yourself in the rougher part of town.

Smelly roads, beggars at every corner, and alleyways full of shady figures.

In one alley, you see a group of kids, five of them, crouched around a fire, with sticks of meat cooking over it.

As you approach them, they turn to you with a mean look, two of them standing up.

Street Rat 1: ”Beat it, bones. We ain’t sharin’.”

Close to the kids, you see what looks like the remains of a skinned dog, with most of its meat removed.

You head into town, quickly locating the town square with the Fencer following behind. Finding a building to lean against, the two of you stand by and listen to the dense traffic of people passing by, hoping to catch snippets of useful information.

Unfortunately, it appears that most of them seem to glance at you and make remarks about your strange outfits. You suppose your white longcoat stands out quite a bit.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Loose Canon

"We stand out.
I think we need travel clothes."

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:10 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Heard there's a.... Wendal? round these parts, you'se know anything? Make it worth your time."

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:13 am

"These workshops - you don't suppose the folks behind 'em take a loss? Seems pointless to be doing so much craft away from the action. Who buys?"

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 am

"Do we need something heavy to conceal ourselves? I'm starting to get a little shaky from how close a den of home breakers are from me."

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Light is fine. A new cloak would do for you, if you take off that white coat.
I'll need a full change I think. C'mon."
> Find a clothes store.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:12 am
Profile WWW

>Follow Langley around while folding up my jacket, but keep an eye for anyone tailing us in the mean time.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

> Try to remember about how far back the bandit camp on the road was.

"Captain, do you think those bandits might know anything about the state of the town? They would probably have a good idea of what goes in and out."

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:23 am
Profile WWW

"Fair idea, even if it's only the side road. They'd probably want coin in exchange, however."

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:27 am
Profile WWW

"Or worse, they could be allied with the heretics... we have no idea if they sent a warning into town ahead of us."

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next