View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:31 am



Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2836
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Ready hammer and potions for action while staying behind.

"I blame you for this, Max. I should've just walked home."


Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3761
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"You don't live around here?"


Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0020



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Kanas casually approaches the cabin with the Captain, discreetly readying two shivs as he eyes the shadows among the trees.

Kanas: "Boss... we got some guests."

Sei: "That so? Sure took their time."

Maxim: "Ready, captain. These must be the scum I expected."

Diamond: "I blame you for this, Max. I should've just walked home."

Maxim: "You don't live around here?"

Maxim draws his belt knife while Diamond picks up a small hammer from the floor, and Gabriel hides behind the Captain.



Click, click, click, click.

Langley thumbs her rapier in and out of its sheath, watching the movement around her. One, two, four…

Charlotte: ”Six of them.”

The two women stand back to back, waiting for the intruders to initiate.


Charlotte shoves Langley away while quickly stepping to the side as the air whistles, metal bolts impacting the ground as they miss their targets.

Charlotte: ”Crossbows!”



~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me r ng

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m soul

The dead cultist is already lying face-up, and he doesn’t appear to be anyone you know.


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a h

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uar m i d

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre gt

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m st n h

~


Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2836
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I'll find where these bastards live and pelt their houses with arrows. I can't do business like this."
>Blockade the back door with a desk


Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Freeze like a deer in headlights. I felt more confident when I thought it was just all of us on one guy, but I have no real combat experience...


Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2836
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Give Gabriel her death essence vial.

"Toss this at the the cultist bastards if they charge for you, and stay down."


Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Back away from the door, if any of them come inside, give them a shiv to the legs.


Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:25 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Duck and cover! If anyone is unprotected, grab them and shield them behind me.

“Stabgirl! You counted six of them! Can you tell me where they’re shooting from?”


Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Take the vial I'm handed.

"R-right."


Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3761
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Find a table or something heavy I can manipulate into decent cover. Preferably nothing covered with fragile alchemical experiments.


Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> They fired. Now they have to reload. Charge before they can, go for one that I saw earlier. Weave a bit, if I think I see or hear one aiming, dodge hard.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3761
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Seeing the fencer take the initiative, I realize that I should probably back her up. Charge with my knife - hopefully two melee combatants pressing the offensive together can swing the outcome quickly.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10325
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0021



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Diamond: "I'll find where these bastards live and pelt their houses with arrows. I can't do business like this."

Diamond hands a vial of Death Dew Essence to Gabriel -

Diamond: "Toss this at the the cultist bastards if they charge for you, and stay down."

Gabriel: "R-right."

Everyone in the cabin backs away from the doorway, taking cover.

Sei: “Stabgirl! You counted six of them! Can you tell me where they’re shooting from?”

Charlotte: ”They’re all over the place! They’re -”

The entire party flinches as pain spikes through their heads, lasting only but a moment.

Charlotte: ”Damnit!”

Charlotte leaps to the side as a trio of bolts fly past her, tearing the left side of her coat to shreds but otherwise leaving her unharmed.


Langley takes the opportunity to rush the first enemy she sees, charging at him through brush and branch with her rapier ready. The man raises his crossbow as if to shield himself, but it is futile - like a missile, the fencer’s rapier homes in on his throat with a wet impact, and with a flick of the wrist, flies out the side, letting out a torrent of blood from the gaping wound.

As the man falls to the ground, clutching his throat and gurgling, Langley turns to the next closest shadow, who draws a knife - only to be tackled by Maxim, pushing him to the ground and stabbing the man several times to ensure he remains compliant.

Two enemies down, four remaining.



~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a

A sharp pain rings through your head, but quickly vanishes.

Was that the Demon Voice?

The damage to everyone should be inconsequential - the wards protected them from the worst of it.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uar m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m st n

~


Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Aaaaaa did they charge without me

>I will have them burnt at the stake for insubordination. FIRST THINGS FIRST THOUGH!


>Charge! If they stab everyone dead, there won't be anyone to question (and possibly torture later). Locate nearest cultist, punch in the face (repeatedly if needs be), takedown and restrain.


Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2836
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Yanking my bag of sulfur along while taking cover next to the front door, I reach in and pull a handful out and throw it outside, hoping to deter anyone or thing


Last edited by Mackerel on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Areku, TorrentHKU


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.022s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]