View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0023



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Maxim: "Do you suppose there's more of them in the forest? With apologies to Diamond for imposing, I don't think it would be wise to move out of here until the sun rises."

Diamond: "It wouldn't be an issue with me if I kept a party here, but aren't you and me still suspects, Max?
Oh, I just can't find it in my heart to nap in the same building as someone who could think we're affiliated with the same ilk who tried killing us."


The Alchemist clears her throat quite loudly, while Maxim turns to the witch hunter party.

Maxim: "Do you believe us?"

The Captain shrugs and hauls one of the captives over her shoulder.

Sei: "I mean, you stabbed one of them. That's something. Though I've seen heretics do more to try and pass themselves as law-abiding citizens.

SPEAKING OF STABBING. Oi stabgirl, you're a feisty bastard, eh? If you start chopping people down whenever they look at you wrong, we won't have anyone left to bring to trial."



Langley: "If we stand and let them shoot us, there'll be no one to bring them, Captain. Besides, I left one alive for you.

In times like that, it's do or die. You should know that.
And I was not trained to die."



Sei: "Start training to do your job while not dying, then."

The Fencer turns away, talking under her breath.

Langley: "I'd say I'm already quite good at it~"


Sei: ”Anyways. Alchemist, you have a bathtub or pool or other water feature? I'm going to teach these boys some good old fashioned witch questioning techniques.”

The Alchemist points to one of the larger cabins -

Diamond: ”First door to the left. Don't disorganize my mess.”

The Captain heads off into the cabin with her live cargo while Gabriel says a prayer for the dead, cleansing them of the Demon’s curse.


Charlotte: ”If you folks can keep watch for a moment, I’m going to see what the Captain can get out of him.”

She heads off after the Captain.

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

Entering the designated cabin and taking the first door on the left, you set the captive down in the bathtub, taking care to not knock over the various jars and bottles of alchemical concoctions on the floor and counter.

You locate a bucket and fill it with a well from outside before returning to the captive. Charlotte is also present, ready to learn what information you’re about to wring out of the heretic.

"Alright, heretical scum. This is how it's gonna happen. You're gonna get tortured, tried, imprisoned, then probably burnt on a pyre. You can't change that. What you CAN change is how hard we'll need to torture you. So spill the beans. Who are you people, and what are you planning? Why did you attack us?"

The heretic coughs for a few moments, clearing his throat before speaking.

Heretic: ”The church of Solis must fall. We will demolish its temples with shattering flame, burn its texts, and release the people from its shackle of lies. When we discover the formula of sulphur, we will choke you hunters in blinding smoke and burn you alive for your sins.”


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a

Clasping your hands together, you whisper a prayer to Solis and channel his holy light from you to the corpses, cleansing them of the Demon’s curse.

Too late for them in life, perhaps enough to give them a peaceful rest.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uar m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m st n

~


Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2841
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Puts a firm gripping hand on Gabriel's shoulder
"Hey twerp, what are you always chanting? You're not a cultist trying to curse my already run down home are you?"


Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Follow the investigator, something seems, a bit odd about her.


Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4496
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Slap slap.

"Cut the usual preaching, tell me something I don't know. What were you following the alchemist girl for?"


Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I chant to channel Solis's blessings. Do you not recognize His light?"


Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Well they're having fun.
See if any of the attackers dropped anything in the bushes. Maybe that runner did?


Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2841
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I stay away from lecturing weirdos, tike. However, it wasn't enough to keep all this drama away from my home.
Sorry for gripping you. My name is Diamond, you need anything, ask. I don't need a brat getting into any death dew."


Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3780
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Where do they go, if they're dead and blessed after?"


Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0024



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

The Alchemist places a hand on Gabriel’s shoulder, gripping firmly.

Diamond: "Hey twerp, what are you always chanting? You're not a cultist trying to curse my already run down home are you?"

Gabriel: "I chant to channel Solis's blessings. Do you not recognize His light?"

Diamond: "I stay away from lecturing weirdos, tike. However, it wasn't enough to keep all this drama away from my home.
Sorry for gripping you. My name is Diamond, you need anything, ask. I don't need a brat getting into any death dew."


Maxim: "Where do they go, if they're dead and blessed after?"

~~~

Kanas follows after Charlotte to see what she’s up to. He finds her, and the Captain, in a washroom, where the Captain is interrogating one of the Captives seated in the tub.

The Captain slaps the captive twice across the face.

Sei: "Cut the usual preaching, tell me something I don't know. What were you following the alchemist girl for?"

Heretic: ”Searching for her recipes.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me r n

You look around for anything the heretics might’ve dropped.

It’s a bit tricky, but you manage to recover a few items.

Crossbows, a few bolts. Nothing too interesting.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a

Where do people go when they die?

If they’re devout followers of Solis, they are sent to his holy realm to achieve full enlightenment.

Those who are cursed by the Demon, or reject Solis, are to be devoured by the Demon.

Blessing someone after they died can save them from obliteration, if too much time has not passed since their death.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uar m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

You follow the Investigator into the cabin, where you find her with the Captain in the washroom lit by candles.

One of the captives is laying down in the tub, being interrogated of course.

Charlotte glances at you as you enter, but otherwise remains focused on the captive.


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m st n

~


Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4496
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
”Good boy. Why her recipes, though? What were you trying to concoct?”


Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"It's up to them; they can walk with Solis, or be consumed by the demon. Removing the curse gives them the choice."


Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Hm. Well I'd never use it, would slow me down too much, but who might...
Not the captain, it's not blunt enough. Not that boy good with the knives, it'd slow him down too much too.
The fisherman? Maybe. Or the alchemist woman.

Oh. Make sure it doesn't have any cursed eyes or witch insignias or other such delayed action problems on it first. Uh. Actually, find the priest so I can get my blessing refreshed before that.


Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3780
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"It's good that you interceded for 'em, then."


Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:30 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Lean against the wall and pull out a shiv, start picking at my fingernails.


Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0025



~~~

563-05-12
Night

~~~

Gabriel: "It's up to them; they can walk with Solis, or be consumed by the demon. Removing the curse gives them the choice."

Maxim: "It's good that you interceded for 'em, then."

Langley returns from her rummaging around the foliage, standing by the group expectantly.

~~~

Kanas leans against a wall, picking at his nails with a shiv.

Sei: ”Good boy. Why her recipes, though? What were you trying to concoct?”

Heretic: ”Toxic fumes. Explosives. Anything we could use as a weapon.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me r n

You look around for anything the heretics might’ve dropped.

It’s a bit tricky, but you manage to recover a few items.

Crossbows, a few bolts. Nothing too interesting.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uar m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m st n

~


Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]