View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11724
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Sei: "Aye, Sir.

Come on, troops. No sense in dilly-dallying!"


The Captain leads her team to the barrack’s armory, a glorious room once willed with racks of well maintained steel, oiled and sharpened and ready for the hunt.

Opening the doors now, the Captain finds it a barren shell of its heyday.

Nearly all the racks are empty, with the few pieces remaining being blades rusted and dulled to the point of uselessness, and armor so mangled it would no longer fit a person.

There are a handful of useful items, however -



The six crossbows scavenged from yesterday’s encounter with the marked men, along with the necessary supply of bolts.

One mace with a few spots of rust, but perfectly serviceable.

Two bucklers, slightly dented in a few places.

One sleeveless shirt of chainmail, perfectly intact and slick with oil to ward off the elements. A fine piece of armor, considering the rest of the inventory!


Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1461
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Yeah, don't think any of that would work for me.
>Look around, see if there's anything i could make into a shiv, or use as a throwing knife.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Select for myself the mace and a buckler.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2866
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Grab one of the crossbows and an ample supply of bolts. Also look around for any string or thin rope and possibly a dagger already scheming something for the future.


Last edited by Mackerel on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Crossbow and some bolts. I'm probably not suited for physical combat...


Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Oh, a buckler. Didn't have time to get one between the graduation and the captain. Good, I'll take that then.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Examine the chainmail. I guess I'll be the one doing most of the frontlining, but then - It's not like *I* am gonna die or anything, is it? Hmm.

"Alright boys, which of you is the most likely to get stabbed in the guts?"


Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I am not so fast, Captain. Give me the mail."


Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Maxim it is. Wait for the others to finish, but look impatient.


Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11724
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0030



~~~

563-05-13
Day

~~~

Sei: "Alright boys, which of you is the most likely to get stabbed in the guts?"

Maxim: "I am not so fast, Captain. Give me the mail.

Maxim takes the chainmail and wears it under his coat - protected from the elements, while still padded with his clothes underneath.

Once everyone else grabs their equipment, the Captain leads the team back to the Chapter Seer’s office.

Markus: ”I have compiled the rest of the information we have on Wendal - not very much, but you’ll have to make it work.

Multiple groups of men under his command, like the one you encountered in Delma.

Take care as you search for the man - the underling that escaped most likely reported your appearance to his boss already. They will know who you are.”


He hands a packet of papers to the Captain, who skims through - Multiple parties of men taking orders from a Wendal, and stating his location as somewhere in Sofolk. Three groups have been encountered and captured by the Order so far, including the one you fought. No telling how many there are still operating.

Markus: ”If you have no questions, hop to it.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

You grab a buckler - while you don’t own one yourself, you’ve had significant training with one.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

You grab a crossbow and 10 bolts for yourself, it being the only weapon you would be useful with.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

~

You take the chainmail and wear it over your clothes, but under your coat, and also grab a mace and a buckler.


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

You grab several of the old, beat-up daggers and a pocket-sized whetstone.

The daggers are dull like anything and rusted all over, but you should be able to grind the ends to a point fairly quickly, good enough for throwing knives.


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

You grab a crossbow and ten bolts, along with a dull dagger and several long leather cords usually used for fastening armor on one’s body.


Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Nod gravely.

“We’ll get to the bottom of this. Sir.


Come on, boys! We have heretics to aprehend!”

>Lead party out of the office. Consider our options for travelling to soffolk - The fisherman’s boat is probably the best, but it won’t hurt to know what roads and forms and transportation exist.


Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11724
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Sei: “We’ll get to the bottom of this. Sir.


Come on, boys! We have heretics to apprehend!”


The Captain considers the options for travelling to Sofolk - taking Maxim’s fishing boat would be the fastest, but there’s probably a good chance that Wendal’s men have eyes on the docks.

As for travelling on foot, you can take the road from Rowan to Gevare. From there, Walden to Sofolk, or Constance to Sofolk. There’s also a road from Gevare directly to Sofolk, but it’s not used as often as the others, and there are reports of brigands lurking in the area.

As the team exists the barracks, they encounter the Investigator leaning against a wall waiting.

Charlotte: ”The Chapter Seer told me to tag along with you folks, since we’re both goin’ the same way.”


Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Shrug.

“Fine by me. It’s likely we’ll get attacked again, though - possibly several times. If you’re up for that, welcome to the Hunt.

Boys, we’ll be heading to Soffolk tomorrow morning. I suggest you load up on food and fresh undies, it’s a long way on foot.

Any questions?”


Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"What the heck was that headache in the fight back there? Sudden spike of pain for a second."


Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Witchcraft. Get used to it - The fiends are not content with breaking our bodies, they want to sully our minds as well. That's why we brought a Blesser."


Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]