View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 pm



Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10872
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0031



~~~

563-05-13
Day

~~~

The members of the party all head their separate ways to make preparations for tomorrow.

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

Heading back to the Academy, you find the courtyards bustling with activity as usual, with amateur fencers sparring or taking lessons from their masters.

Finding an unoccupied fellow student, you borrow them for your buckler practice, refreshing your training with the shield.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

You head back to your humble abode - a weathered house of stone in a large plot of land with an assortment of crops growing here and there.

You grab a rucksack and gather together supplies for the trip - smoked meat, potatoes, a small keg of beer, and a couple of knives.


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

You return to your church, discussing the events of the day with Priest Victor, and then praying to Solis for guidance on how to educate your fellow huntsman.



Perhaps they need to be more, faithful?


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

Heading for the port, you take a nice cold-water swim, and then prepare your things for the coming land voyage.


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

Retreating to your alleyway hideout, you get to work turning the daggers into shivs, and then gather supplies from your cache for tomorrow’s trip.


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

Damn sods dragging you out all this way and then expecting you to follow them on some trip to hunt a witch.

Rummaging around the foreign city, you find various items in the trash that could be useful.


Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10872
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0032



~~~

563-05-14
Day

~~~

The next day, the Witch Hunter Party regroups at the Order’s barracks, all with their own preparations for the journey ready. The Investigator is present as well.

Charlotte: ”What route are we taking to Sofolk?”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

~


Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
”We’ll head to Gevare, then take the old road straight to Soffolk. They’ll expect us to come through the main thoroughfares, so maybe we’ll catch them unawares like that.”


Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2853
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Rummage around the area for useful items
"Wouldn't going both ways be better? You're dealing with cultists right, so wouldn't taking shady tactics be needed for shady people?"


Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"...You thinking about splitting the team? Have you never read a book of fairytales? That's how people start getting picked off by wandering beasts.

Or, are you trying to get away from me so as to perform your heretical rituals uninterrupted, huh?"


Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2853
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Tsk, you showed up along with your holy goons the same time I had to experience a brain splitting pain. I should've walked back home instead of ferrying with Max. I could've avoided all of you weirdos.

Anyways books are books, and this is being tactful. Are we separating or not?"


Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3810
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I wouldn't split. If some of us run into trouble and don't arrive at the meeting point on time, there will be no way of knowing what happened to them, even if nothing more serious happens than a delay. Then we're stuck in Soffolk, confused, with cultists probably aware of us."


Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Good old backpat slap on Maxim.

“See, boatman here has some sense. Either we head there together, or we don’t go at all.”


Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10872
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0033



~~~

563-05-14
Afternoon

~~~

Sei: ”We’ll head to Gevare, then take the old road straight to Soffolk. They’ll expect us to come through the main thoroughfares, so maybe we’ll catch them unawares like that.”

Diamond:"Wouldn't going both ways be better? You're dealing with cultists right, so wouldn't taking shady tactics be needed for shady people?"

Sei: "...You thinking about splitting the team? Have you never read a book of fairytales? That's how people start getting picked off by wandering beasts.

Or, are you trying to get away from me so as to perform your heretical rituals uninterrupted, huh?"


Diamond: "Tsk, you showed up along with your holy goons the same time I had to experience a brain splitting pain. I should've walked back home instead of ferrying with Max. I could've avoided all of you weirdos.

Anyways books are books, and this is being tactful. Are we separating or not?"


Maxim: "I wouldn't split. If some of us run into trouble and don't arrive at the meeting point on time, there will be no way of knowing what happened to them, even if nothing more serious happens than a delay. Then we're stuck in Soffolk, confused, with cultists probably aware of us.”

The Captain gives Maxim a slap on the back.

Sei: “See, boatman here has some sense. Either we head there together, or we don’t go at all.”

The team seems to agree on sticking together and taking the route from Rowan to Gevare to Sofolk, so they head off.

~

The trees are dense and the forest path narrow. The sun is directly overhead, providing light that would otherwise be blocked if it was earlier or later.

As the party hikes on, somewhere between Gevare and Sofolk, they notice a group of men ahead, sitting on a log. When the Witch Hunter party nears, the men stand up and calmly walk into the middle of the path, blocking the way.

Four men in total, two wielding clubs, one a crossbow, and another a spear. All of them are wearing short sleeved shirts, and there don’t appear to be any unnatural marks visible. On their hands or arms.

Clubman 1: ”Howdy. Ya fellas gotta pay the road toll if ya wanna pass.”

~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

~


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

~


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

You’ve already looked around for useful items - check your inventory.


Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:08 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1422
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Of course there would be bandits, Stealthily palm a couple of shivs.


Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Step forwards, calmly show them my badge.

“How much’s a task force of the Inquisition worth to you?”


Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10872
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Kanas discreetly palms a couple of shivs while the Captain steps forward with authority and presents her badge.

Sei: “How much’s a task force of the Inquisition worth to you?”

Clubman 1: ”S’much as anyone else. Eight pence a head.”

Eight pence! That’s..! Well, two modest meals, or one very good one. The Captain herself could cover everyone with the coin in her pocket and have some to spare.


Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:26 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"On who's authority are you charging."


Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Slowly hold stabgirl back to make sure she doesn’t rile up the bandits. Make a slight show of looking around.

“Road’s pretty overgrown, and not even paved. Sixpence a head, at most.”


Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10872
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Langley: "On who's authority are you charging."

The Captain holds Langley back, hopefully keeping her from riling up the bandits, and looks around at the road - it certainly is overgrown for a road, though still usable for a wagon.

Sei: “Road’s pretty overgrown, and not even paved. Sixpence a head, at most.”

Clubman 1: ”Oh, the weeds are a bother huh? You lot run in’d’any razorbacks on the way here? Highwaymen that’ll rob ya blind after they chucked a rock in the back’a yer skull? Heretics spoutin’ nonsense ‘bout collectin’ fingerbones for their boardgames?”

He snorts to himself, then takes a moment to think.

Clubman 1: ”Guess you lot’re tryin’ t’catch some of the bastards yerself, huh.

Seven pence a head.”


Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]