View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:08 pm



Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I will do my best to keep everyone safe."


Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11408
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0006



~~~

563-05-12
Afternoon


Sei, Gabriel, Kanas, and Langley can quick-travel to Constance

Maxim and Diamond can quick-travel to Delma

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

Street Rat: "Well yeah, more or less.”

The street rat seems to be eyeing you strangely… Better keep an eye on him.

Captain?: "Hey. You're that fencing girl, aren't you?"

"Yeah, and you're that officer lady with the Order. I want to join up."

Captain: "Uh huh. You sure you up for it? Witch hunting is hard work."

"So's reaching First Master."

Captain: "So I've heard. Practice and mock fights ain't the same as real combat, though.

Well, we'll see how you fare.


I guess this should be enough people, at least for now. Alright boys, listen up. There's a strange woman up in Constance, lighting fires, collecting herbs and generally spooking the locals. Our job's to see if she's actually doing anything demonic, and if so, bring her in for questionings. Anyone who might be aiding her, too. No pyres this time - Sad, I know, but there's always other heretics to burn.

So basically - Follow my lead, try not to get killed or get others killed. Any questions?"


Street Rat: "Nope, seems pretty clear to me."

"Mm."

Priest: "I will do my best to keep everyone safe."

[Quick-travel to Constance]
[Other]


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

Kanas: "Well yeah, more or less.”


"Hey. You're that fencing girl, aren't you?"

Fencer: "Yeah, and you're that officer lady with the Order. I want to join up."

"Uh huh. You sure you up for it? Witch hunting is hard work."

Fencer: "So's reaching First Master."

"So I've heard. Practice and mock fights ain't the same as real combat, though.

Well, we'll see how you fare.


I guess this should be enough people, at least for now. Alright boys, listen up. There's a strange woman up in Constance, lighting fires, collecting herbs and generally spooking the locals. Our job's to see if she's actually doing anything demonic, and if so, bring her in for questionings. Anyone who might be aiding her, too. No pyres this time - Sad, I know, but there's always other heretics to burn.

So basically - Follow my lead, try not to get killed or get others killed. Any questions?"


Kanas: "Nope, seems pretty clear to me."

Fencer: "Mm."

Gabriel: "I will do my best to keep everyone safe."

[Quick-travel to Constance]
[Other]


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand

Kanas: "Well yeah, more or less.”

You’re about to say something in reply, but notice the newcomer and decide to silently observe.


Sei: "Hey. You're that fencing girl, aren't you?"

Fencer: "Yeah, and you're that officer lady with the Order. I want to join up."

Sei: "Uh huh. You sure you up for it? Witch hunting is hard work."

Fencer: "So's reaching First Master."

Sei: "So I've heard. Practice and mock fights ain't the same as real combat, though.

Well, we'll see how you fare.


I guess this should be enough people, at least for now. Alright boys, listen up. There's a strange woman up in Constance, lighting fires, collecting herbs and generally spooking the locals. Our job's to see if she's actually doing anything demonic, and if so, bring her in for questionings. Anyone who might be aiding her, too. No pyres this time - Sad, I know, but there's always other heretics to burn.

So basically - Follow my lead, try not to get killed or get others killed. Any questions?"


Kanas: "Nope, seems pretty clear to me."

Fencer: "Mm."

"I will do my best to keep everyone safe."

Safe… Perhaps you should cast a ward on everyone now, before the team starts heading to Constance.

[Quick-travel to Constance]
[Other]


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

"Not all of it. I take what I can get."

Using your compass and map, you orient the ship on the right heading.

Ready to set sail!

Or you would be, after you reel in the lines. Looks like yours hooked a fish, too!

Grabbing your rod, you apply your expertise - holding the line when the fish pulls, and reeling it when it tries to rest. Soon enough, you haul a nicely sized trout on board. Good catch to start the day!

[Quick-travel to Delma]
[Other]


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

"Well yeah, more or less.”

You give the girl a look over - city gal, could be a good mark.

Her eyes lock on to yours for a moment before turning back to the Captain.


Sei: "Hey. You're that fencing girl, aren't you?"

Fencer: "Yeah, and you're that officer lady with the Order. I want to join up."

Sei: "Uh huh. You sure you up for it? Witch hunting is hard work."

Fencer: "So's reaching First Master."

Sei: "So I've heard. Practice and mock fights ain't the same as real combat, though.

Well, we'll see how you fare.


I guess this should be enough people, at least for now. Alright boys, listen up. There's a strange woman up in Constance, lighting fires, collecting herbs and generally spooking the locals. Our job's to see if she's actually doing anything demonic, and if so, bring her in for questionings. Anyone who might be aiding her, too. No pyres this time - Sad, I know, but there's always other heretics to burn.

So basically - Follow my lead, try not to get killed or get others killed. Any questions?"


"Nope, seems pretty clear to me."

Fencer: "Mm."

Gabriel: "I will do my best to keep everyone safe."

[Quick-travel to Constance]
[Other]


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Maxim: "Not all of it. I take what I can get."

You set your rod in one of the slots and check your loot bag.

Right where you left it, and peeking inside verifies the contents of sulphur are still there.

Maxim orients the ship, and quickly walks back to his fishing pole as it flexes, grabbing it and reeling in the fish. Soon enough, he’s rewarded with a trout for his efforts!

Yours, however, doesn’t seem to have a nibble yet.

[Quick-travel to Delma]
[Other]


Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4890
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Quick travel!


Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2864
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Fast travel to Delma.


Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FAST TRAVEL.


Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>traveltravel


Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1430
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Travel


Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11408
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0007



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Sei, Langley, Kanas, and Gabriel reach Constance, a town with a bustling port full of traders and fishermen. Having made introductions along the way, now they must look for clues and track down the suspect.

~~~

Maxim and Diamond arrive at Delma’s port after a long but uneventful journey across the bay.

After mooring the ship to the docks, Maxim lowers the gangplank for Diamond. He hasn’t received any payment yet, though.

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days




________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure




________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand




________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace




________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD




________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days


Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Is there a church in town? Maybe they will know something.

> If I don't know, stick with the party.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Take me to your craft house, if you please, and we'll be seeing about payment for the journey."

>See if there is a quick way I can set up the fish to dry in the sun.


Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4890
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Grab nearest passerby by the shoulder, flash badge.

"There's been reports of a peculiar woman conducting rituals around town. Have you, or anyone you know, seen anything... Heretical?"


Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1430
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Follow Sei.


Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Look around for weirdos besides the ones I'm with.


Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2864
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Find quarters and enter from the workshop's back door. Invite the fish monger inside.

"Hurry on in, but don't expect much, and keep your hands to yourself. There's too much laying about that it could either put you in a fit of seizures to sneezes."


Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11408
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0008



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Sei grabs the nearest passerby by the shoulder - an average looking labourer - and points to the badge on her chest.

Sei: "There's been reports of a peculiar woman conducting rituals around town. Have you, or anyone you know, seen anything... Heretical?"

Man: ”I uh, don’t think so?”

Langley and Gabriel leave the group to search on their own.

~~~



~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

After the captain pulls aside a random passerby to question, you decide to walk around on your own and scan the crowds for any weirdos.

Bars full of rowdy men, stalls of freshly cooked food, and plenty of people milling about, from tradesmen to sailors to the occasional beggar.

Hm? It looks like there’s a lanky man walking around, looking here and there as if he was searching for something. His clothes look otherwise normal, except for the fact that he’s wearing leather gloves without an accompanying apron or toolbelt to suggest a tradesman.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand

There has to be a church in town - without channelers actively replenishing people’s wards, they would quickly fall victim to the curse of the Demon Eye.

Leaving the group, you walk around a bit until you locate the church - a small one, with wooden walls instead of the stone you’re used to.

Heading in, you find it empty for the moment, except for the priest who’s sitting in one of the pews, flipping through the holy book.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

You set the fish to dry on a clean flat board, and then turn your attention to Diamond.

"Take me to your craft house, if you please, and we'll be seeing about payment for the journey."

After Diamond grabs her bag of items, she steps down from the gangplank and leads you to the edge of town, and then into the surrounding woods.

It’s a bit of a walk, but you eventually reach a series of log cabins.

Small gardens line the walls of the cabins and the walkways, where strange plants and mushrooms are growing happily.

"Hurry on in, but don't expect much, and keep your hands to yourself. There's too much laying about that it could either put you in a fit of seizures to sneezes."

She leads you inside a cabin, and after fumbling a bit with some flint and steel, manages to ignite a bundle of fibrous material and uses it to get a few candles going.

A large variety of glassware sits on a large table in the center of the room, looking somewhat chaotic with the scraps of plant matter sitting on plates and vials of strange fluids.


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Maxim sets the fish on a clean flat board so they can dry, and then turns his attention to you.

Maxim: "Take me to your craft house, if you please, and we'll be seeing about payment for the journey."

After grabbing your bag of sulphur, you step down from the gangplank and lead Maxim to the edge of the town, and then into the surrounding woods.

It’s a bit of a walk, but you eventually reach your concealed cottage and workshop - a series of abandoned log cabins that you had found, and cleaned up for your own use.

One for your personal quarters, another for your burning powder experiments, and yet another for your plant and fungus processing.

Small gardens line the walls of the cabins and the walkways, where normally rare plants and mushrooms are growing happily.

"Hurry on in, but don't expect much, and keep your hands to yourself. There's too much laying about that it could either put you in a fit of seizures to sneezes."

You lead him into the potion-processing cabin and, after fumbling a bit with your flint and steel, manage to light a bundle of fibrous material and get a few candles going.

A large variety of glassware sits on a large table in the center of the room, looking somewhat chaotic with the scraps of plant matter sitting on plates and vials of strange fluids.

A cabinet in the back of the room contains your finished potions, which include the Blood Cap and Star Green mixtures.


Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.025s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]