View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:12 am



Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"You're grabbing them and interrogating. Save that for the witches and actual known criminals.
Ask them like human beings."


Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2833
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Offer potions to Max.

"What'll you do now, Max?"


Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Gratefully accept payment.

"I think I will make my way back down to the docks and arrange some business for tomorrow. Then I'll return with the fish - it should be properly dry in the sun by the time I arrive."


Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4384
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"..."

>Narrow eyes, let go of the man. Repeat question.

"If you please."


Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:56 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10237
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0010



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Langley and Kanas join back up with the Captain as she interrogates a sailor.

Sei: "Uh huh. Wa she here, around the docks? Did you see her talking to anyone?"

Langley: "We're here for the lady, not the sailors, captain. Don't need to be so rough on them."

The Captain scowls at Langley - how dare someone question her authority!

Sei: "What's your idea, then? Unless we question the locals, how do you expect to find the witch?"

Langley: "You're grabbing them and interrogating. Save that for the witches and actual known criminals.
Ask them like human beings."


Narrowing her eyes, the Captain lets go of the man.

Sei: ”There's been reports of a peculiar woman conducting rituals around town. Have you, or
anyone you know, seen anything... Heretical? If you please.”


Sailor: ”Look, all I know is that some lass in a white coat was walkin’ around, dunno where she was goin’.”

Another man nearby speaks up -

Sailor 2: ”I think I saw’er goin’ with Maxim. Small fishin’ boat, headin’ north.”

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand

You leave the church, and -

Hm. You’re not sure where your party went.


Walking around a bit, you look around, but the port town feels quite different from the city you’re used to, and it’s not like you strayed far from the church anyways.

You appear to be somewhat lost among the foreign streets and strange crowds.


Woman: ”Excuse me?”

Turning around, you see a young woman, maybe only a couple of years older than you. Long brunette hair in a braid, average clothing, and a grey coat that looks out of place for the warm weather.

Woman: ”I couldn’t help but notice that you appear to be a bit lost. Can I help you find what you’re looking for?”


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

Diamond offers the two potions to you, and you accept the payment.

Diamond: "What'll you do now, Max?"

"I think I will make my way back down to the docks and arrange some business for tomorrow. Then I'll return with the fish - it should be properly dry in the sun by the time I arrive."


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

You rejoin the Captain in time to see the posh lass question her on her questioning methods.

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

You offer the two potions to Maxim, and he accepts the payment.

"What'll you do now, Max?"

Maxim: "I think I will make my way back down to the docks and arrange some business for tomorrow. Then I'll return with the fish - it should be properly dry in the sun by the time I arrive."


Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4384
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"North? That means either they're going to Rowan - Madness, for a heretic - Or... Delma, maybe somewhere farther along the coast.

What's this, Maxim fellow look like, citizen?"


Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Depart for the docks and scope out the mercantile activities that are happening there. See if there is someone who deals wholesale in fish and has constant turnover.


Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:14 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Did you see anything more about the woman in the coat? That's pretty strange for a woman on the docks."


Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Oh, uh, yes, I'm new to the city actually. Could you help me find the docks?"

> Ward myself as I speak. There's a witch on the loose, and it's a bit startling to be approached out of the blue by a stranger.


Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Huh, guess she can be reasonable, posh lass too.


Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2833
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Forage around warehouse


Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10237
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0011



~~~

563-05-12
Late Afternoon

~~~

Sei: "North? That means either they're going to Rowan - Madness, for a heretic - Or... Delma, maybe somewhere farther along the coast.

What's this, Maxim fellow look like, citizen?"


Sailor 2: ”Towering man, got a large broad body. Salted beard, tanned skin. ”

Langley: "Did you see anything more about the woman in the coat? That's pretty strange for a woman on the docks."

Sailor: ”Had a cloth sack with her. Dunno what she was carryin’ in there, though.”

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m a h

"Oh, uh, yes, I'm new to the city actually. Could you help me find the docks?"

You ward yourself as you speak - getting approached by a stranger is a bit suspicious, especially when there’s a witch on the loose.

Channeling the holy light of Solis through yourself, you create a persistent barrier to protect yourself from heretical magics. It’s not the strongest ward, but it will do for now.

Woman: ”Of course! Just follow me.”

She leads you through the town, not making conversation, but occasionally looking at you with a strange smile.

Eventually, the two of you reach the docks, where you can see the rest of your team.

Woman: ”Here we are! Is there something specific you’re looking for here?”


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

Leaving the cabins, you trek through the forest again until you reach the town.

As you head towards the docks, you notice a man heading into the forest, towards the place you just left.


The docks themselves are full of trading, and there are plenty of people buying and selling fish in varying quantities. Would be easy to sell off the trout you caught earlier.


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

~


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Maxim leaves, and you decide to look around the current cabin to look at the stock of chemicals you have.

Five vials with mixtures of Blood Cap and Star Green, two vials of Death Dew essence, and one vial of Coffee Bean extract.


Somewhere outside, you hear a creaking - sounds like one of the other cabin doors opening.


Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2833
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Pick up a death dew essence and peek the corner.


Last edited by Mackerel on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Perfect! Size up and appraise the value of my trout, then approach a fishmonger for the deal. I've already processed it a bit, so that should help.

I assume some kind of CHA test coming up


Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Thank you for guiding me, Madam."

> Extend my hand for a handshake.

"My name is Gabriel."


Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]