View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Fhealltoir 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Fhealltoir
> W8

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:42 pm
Profile WWW

> WWWWWWWWWW

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As Scipio joins the rest of the team at the Gate you all notice a light to the side of your cockpit light up, it's set into a small box, that is simply labeled as "Property of the UAT" it feeds into multiple subsystems, but you're not really sure what it does. At the same time, with a tremendous clunk the gate starts grinding open. Once it's fully open you all move through eyeing up the link-road ahead. It's an empty stretch of asphalt, flanked by the same walls as surrounded the district, looks like they take security seriously here. The moment the last of you pass the gate it slams shut much faster than it opened, the mechanism continuing to grind for a few moments before something gives and it starts spitting smoke, guess that's one way to stop pursuit.

It will take 10 turns worth of time for you to reach the next district, please detail anything you want to do on the journey (set shields to inactive for faster recharge/etc.)

CaveCricket48 - Disco

TorrentHKU - Rumble

TheKebbit - Gazer

maart3n - Scipio

DSMK2 - HALT

CrazyMLC - Swiss

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:23 am

>Drop shields for rapid recharge. Stay hydrated. Laser focus on the mission!

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 am

> Enjoy the ride.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 am

Recharge shields as much as I can, blow on the hot bits inside the cockpit to cool them down.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:57 pm
Loose Canon

> Look at the map.
Hmmmm. If I were a big stupid orbital gun where would I be...
Northwest corner? Most likely. Maybe Southwest. Somewhere on the west side.

Drive and recharge.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:38 pm
Profile WWW

> Regale my coworkers with stories of previous battles.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

> Power off hardshields for the recharge, marvel over the agrav I'm driving, examine the box.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Reaching the end of the Road, you pull up to the gate ahead of you and it grinds open to reveal the back of a Juggler and some surprised Troopers crowded around the gate controls.

Orbital scans of this district show Industrial Facilities to the East, a series of housing units to the west and Garrisons housing the objectives in the Northwest and Southwest corners.
- Destroy Northern Anti-Orbital Weapons Emplacement.
- Destroy Southern Anti-Orbital Weapons Emplacement.
- Leave District through Western Exit. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]

CaveCricket48 - Disco

You sit back, put your walker into cruise and listen to Swiss as he tells of his past exploits, though the one where he took down a platoon of corporate mercs with nothing more than a knife and his wits? Sounds a little fishy to you.

TorrentHKU - Rumble

Scrolling through your console you bring up the thumbnail for the map of the next district and make a few guesses as to where any guns might be, Opening it up to full you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment that you managed to guess correctly.

TheKebbit - Gazer

Dropping your shields to aid their regen you grab a bottle of water and start chugging, you're sure you're gonna need to be at peak condition for what will be ahead. Finishing the bottle you note your shield just hit full so you reactivate it so it can start recovering the wasted charge from the boot-up, you really wonder how long it's going to take for someone to come up with a shield that doesn't have this issue.

maart3n - Scipio

Willing your Shields to recharge faster you crank up the ventilation in your cockpit, And make a note that plasguns are really nasty and you don't want to be on the business end of one again if you can help it.

DSMK2 - HALT

You shut down your shields to boost their recharge rate, and while you wait for the recharge you take a look at that weird box. Taking a better look at it you can see that it links to your comms systems maybe for encryption of some sort, and has a link to your targeting computer... Huh, wonder what that's for. At which point your investigation is interrupted by your shields hitting full, so you turn them back on, no point wasting recharge. You're still really impressed by what those techs did with this Agrav, how they got shields that recharge this fast is something that's definitely beyond you, let alone how well it handles around corners, it's truly a beauty to fly.

CrazyMLC - Swiss

Following along with the others you decide to spin some tales about your past exploits, of course exaggerating a little, not like they'll know the difference right?

---- Enemies ----

Juggler #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:55 am

Tap the Juggler with a nice particle lance. Rake the troopers with AP fire. Move 4W.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:34 am

> WWWW. Driveby the troopers with my 8mm, fire my chaingun on the building directly in front of me.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Volatile buildings to the north. I do not like being so close to them, let us move fast."
> 4W, Turn N, 2S, 2N. Peek over the barricades to the west.
Also canister those troops as I drive by.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

> Open up on the Juggler once my squadmates move away with my Particle Lance and Laser 2W 1S tN
"We could start with the objective on the south west part of this district, there's a straight shot down from the north"

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 pm

> If everything isn't already dead by the time I set my sights on the enemies, machinegun the troopers and cannon the juggler. Assuming all the enemies are dead after I've fired / already dead before I can fire, WWWW after Swiss.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next