View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"I'm not gonna bother smoking to block that Restada to the north, cause Restadas are hilariously weak.

Frog, smoke R19. STOP, we're gonna hit the Fiver from 3 tiles south. The smoke will block our line of sight, but we can use targeting data from Crispr. Kettlehead, you'll probably have to give it the killing blow. Probably want to retreat back to cover afterwords. There may be some vehicles swarming out once we lay into that Fiver.

Frog, I strongly advise against going in there, if there's any vehicles they'll all focus fire on you. Standing around the corner at R18 waiting for anyone stupid enough to come after us, ready to stomp, that's a pretty good idea.

Everyone, remember to set AP weapons. They've got a good chunk of infantry in there I can see."

> 3S, after STOP fires shoot the Fiver, and pulse laser any infantry.
If as we pass south there's any enemies to the immediate West that can shoot us, smoke R15.


Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1101
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Wait for R19 to be smoked 4S tW 1W Ram power armorFire Plasgun on Fiver Charging 20EN Sweep AP Laser on Infantry 1N
"Roger. Awaiting smoke"
Reaction Fire AP Laser 1E tS Fire Plasgun on Fiver Charging 20EN


Last edited by DSMK2 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.



Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:40 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
DS you should probably stay out of the line of sight of anything down there. If there's a bunch of tanks and they all are set to reaction fire, they could take a serious chunk out of you. With the smoke at R19 and the line of sight from MLC, we can still hit the Fiver without directly exposing ourselves.


Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3935
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Like you suggested, Thunder, I can get a bead on the Fiver through the smoke, open up, then pull to the west just a bit. It's not too exposed."

>SSSSS. Eliminate any infantry or PA to the W with electrolasers. Fire SABRE and Backstop on the southern Fiver, then scoot W to hide behind the tall building.


Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5197
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>5S, sidestep 1W to end up at R18

>Be ready for enemies to walk into a 1-tile range, in which case spend all mobi on a punch+stomp combo, minus what is necessary to return to R18 afterwards.


Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1527
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Seeing the end is in sight Thunder keeps calling out directions "I'm not gonna bother smoking to block that Restada to the north, cause Restadas are hilariously weak.
Frog, smoke R19. STOP, we're gonna hit the Fiver from 3 tiles south. The smoke will block our line of sight, but we can use targeting data from Crispr. Kettlehead, you'll probably have to give it the killing blow. Probably want to retreat back to cover afterwords. There may be some vehicles swarming out once we lay into that Fiver.
Frog, I strongly advise against going in there, if there's any vehicles they'll all focus fire on you. Standing around the corner at R18 waiting for anyone stupid enough to come after us, ready to stomp, that's a pretty good idea.
Everyone, remember to set AP weapons. They've got a good chunk of infantry in there I can see."

STOP and Kettlehead reply in affirmatives
"Roger. Awaiting smoke"
"Like you suggested, Thunder, I can get a bead on the Fiver through the smoke, open up, then pull to the west just a bit. It's not too exposed."

As the last enemy units near the hauler disappear from the map you get a transmission from Screen "Our frontline here is ♥♥♥♥, Stomper just lost mobility and has bailed, rest of us aren't doing much better. Just get us a grid on that gun so Awe can take care of it and we can finally ♥♥♥♥ get out of here."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder
-!STUNNED!- [-20% to hit]

Pulling south you let Crispr and STOP fire first, before making your own shot at the Fiver.
[180mm Railgun] 80+50+10-50-32-5-5:48 - 7 74 40 63 83
Some of your slugs hit tearing into the Fiver even more, perfect for Kettlehead to finish it off, only for the Restada to the far north to fire a wild shot at you.
[8MW Plasgun] 80-15:65 - 87
The shot falls shot, slamming into the ground just short of you, looks like your call was right on not smoking that Restada.


CrazyMLC - Crispr
- EMP Recharge:1

Frowning in frustration that the fiver is out of Flamer range, you instead give it a barrage of hell from your guns.
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20:100 - 4
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20:100 - 60

The conflagration your fire unleashes does some serious damage to it, not quite enough to finish it, but your allies are quick to take care of that, turning off you start rushing to join the other team, really sounds like they could use the support. Ahead you spot some Powered Armour, who fire a volley at you as they retreat behind some containers.
[40mm Cannons] 80-10-20:50 - 60 100 58 9 5 17 24
Their fire does little to your armour, but then the Bramble shows up from behind.
[12MW Particle Lance] 80+20-20-20-5-15:40 - 61
Their shot goes wide again, idiot really needs to learn to aim properly.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Flying up behind Thunder you scan for infantry, but you just don't have an angle on any so instead just unload on the Target.
[70mm SABRE Chaingun]80+50+10-10:100 - 53 94 85 75 79 98 37 39 69 54
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50+10-45:95 - 85

You watch it crumple after your fire, finally taken care of, as you scoot west to get into the relative safety the building offers from the west.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Driving Westwards you stop as you get eyes on the Sostenir and give it a burst of Autocannon fire.
[150mm Autocannon] 80+50-10:100 - 43 21 2 13
Your fire shatters its shield, and tears chunks into its armour, but not enough to stop it firing back at you.
[20MW Plasgun]80+20-50-5:45 - 90
It misses thankfully, but it did fire off a mortar shell, that could be annoying.


DSMK2 - STOP

Waiting for Frog to cover your advance with smoke you pull ahead, and rounding the corner slam into the Powered Armour, crushing them against the wall of the building, pulling pack you take a shot on the Fiver.
[30MW Plasgun] 80+40+10-50:80 - 90
Your shot goes wide, but thankfully the others fill the slack and finish it off.


Areku - Frog

Striding forwards you fire smoke cover and get ready for any hostiles to push through it and attack, but despite your allies demolishing the Fiver, they hold off and even back away rather than push in and advance.


---- Enemies ----

Bramble [S8]
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Restada [T9]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [X1?]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Sostenir [P10]
- Shield Down
- Minor Armour Damage

Kriego #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Kriego #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged


Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Contingent Three, this is Crispr. I'm here to cover you."

> WWW tS NN. Fire on any targets I spot, reserving Deora -> Lasair for vehicles. If I finish my movement without firing, shoot Deora at J8 and Lasair at J9.


Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1101
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Shields on ASAP 2N tE 6W Reaction Fire any vehicle that comes in front of me


Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Frog, HALT, move with me. Frog, smoke P16 before we get north of it. That should block anyone too inquisitive from the south, at least for a moment. Kriegos can't get up past the smoke yet, but will next turn.
Frog, be ready for the Vinbero if it comes out. It's pretty useless on its own, but it can give the Kriegos a firing solution.
If we get me to J14, I should have eyes on the entire possible Fiver area.

Kettlehead, change lanes. One of the Kriegos in the south has just enough mobility to shoot you if you go straight north. Coordinate with Baroque on what to shoot, the Bramble should have about half shield if you want to go for it. Any of them are good targets, but any you can take down in one is great. Baroque, you've got 4 smoke left, time to get popping it. Maybe save 1 for my group's retreat to the ship.

Crispr, if you fire straight south, try to keep row 14 and 15 clear of residuals, we'll need those for approach to the wall with the Fiver.


Screen, you're sure Awe has enough firepower to take the Fiver? My gun can put a hole in a Dunfort through a wall, but I need to know where to allocate my energy now."


> 2N, Turn W, 4W. Set reaction fire on railgun and pulse laser, railgun prioritizing anything coming from the south out of the smoke.


Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5197
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Sidestep 1E, move 2N, turn W, 2W

>Smoke P16

>1 W, sidestep 1S into the smoke

>Prepare to combo anyone who comes into a 2 tile radius, saving up enough movement to return to the smoke afterwards.


Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13006
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Fire main gun on the Sostenir.

Move 1 West. Drones on my right flank fire on the Restada.

Turn North.

If I have any remaining cannon shells, fire on the Restada.

Move 5 South


Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3935
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Fire SABRE and Backstop N at the Bramble, slide W, turn CW. Reaction fire S with electrolasers on any infantry who dare to brave the gap.


Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:59 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1527
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Taking a moment to clear his head Thunder plots out what should be the final plan
"Frog, HALT, move with me. Frog, smoke P16 before we get north of it. That should block anyone too inquisitive from the south, at least for a moment. Kriegos can't get up past the smoke yet, but will next turn.
Frog, be ready for the Vinbero if it comes out. It's pretty useless on its own, but it can give the Kriegos a firing solution.
If we get me to J14, I should have eyes on the entire possible Fiver area.

Kettlehead, change lanes. One of the Kriegos in the south has just enough mobility to shoot you if you go straight north. Coordinate with Baroque on what to shoot, the Bramble should have about half shield if you want to go for it. Any of them are good targets, but any you can take down in one is great. Baroque, you've got 4 smoke left, time to get popping it. Maybe save 1 for my group's retreat to the ship.

Crispr, if you fire straight south, try to keep row 14 and 15 clear of residuals, we'll need those for approach to the wall with the Fiver.

Screen, you're sure Awe has enough firepower to take the Fiver? My gun can put a hole in a Dunfort through a wall, but I need to know where to allocate my energy now."

As he finishes Crispr pulls up near the allies and sends a message "Contingent Three, this is Crispr. I'm here to cover you."
Screen then sends a message as well "Appreciated Crispr. Oh and Thunder, Awe has a triple barreled 20cm Mortar, it'll take a couple of salvos to be sure, but that fiver is done for once you get us its grid."

Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Pulling around the building behind Frog you scan to the south for any hostiles that would come out to attack, but it seems they're more interested in fleeing from you, that's something at least.


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Driving around the corner you take up a defensive position, and spotting a Vinbero in the distance give it a full barrage.
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20-15-20-25:40 - 56
[Scatter] 1(North East)
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20-15-10:75 - 56

Your Deora shells go wide, but your Lasair shell slams straight into it, a gout of flames bursts from the point of impact, and moments later the entire vehicle erupts in a fireball. You are taken away from appreciating the carnage as a pair of Prongs emerge from the Garrison and fire on you.
[60mm Railguns] 80-25-5-20:30 - 43 56
[36mm Rail Repeaters] 80-25-5-20:30 - 37 45 91 75 41 / 55 50 55 77 42 / 90 68 34 20 91 / 37 67 13 25 18 / 67 39 56 19 73 / 89 54 28 67 85

Their accuracy is absolutely pitiful, but the heat your armour is still trying to bleed off means that the few shots that do hit, manage to cause some damage, best hope you can take them out before they can make any better aimed shots on you.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Centering aim on the hostile AGrav to the north, you let rip.
[70mm SABRE Chaingun]80+50:100 - 10 8 43 37 34 14 85 59 72 36
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50:100 - 10

Your Chaingun shells tear through it's shield and punch a couple of holes in its frame, with your missile joining them and slamming directly into what looks like the cockpit, and with how the thing slumps and crashes to the ground after the detonation you'd say that definitely was the cockpit. Turning your attention to the south, you glide sideways to get cover behind the building and set your Electrolasers to scan to the south, but as the enemy infantry are busy running away your guns stay silent.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Keeping your aim steady you lay on some more fire into the Sostenir.
[150mm Autocannon] 80+50:100 - 71 18 54 25
It's armour takes a beating from your fire, but it's not near enough for you to finish it off, so moving up you let your Drones fire on the Restada.
[30mm Rail Repeaters] 80+10-5:85 - 69 88 31 77 93 89
They lay into its shield, which cracks from their fire, but it manages to hold out and stay online, so you just back up as much as you can, making distance from the Sostenir while getting closer to the others, only then do you remember the mortar shell the Sostenir fired at you.
[80mm Mortar] 100-40-30:30 - 83
Only for it to miss and land well off to your side.


DSMK2 - STOP

Scowling at your shield readout, and how they've reset, but with that little charge are far from being ready to come back online you pull out and push forwards, taking position next to a building, you keep your gun ready for anything that comes out ahead of you and just as you think they might be busy keeping themselves holed up in the garrison a pair of Prongs come out of the Garrison and you fire on one of them.
[30MW Plasgun] 80+40-20-25-5:70 - 34
Your shot catches them by surprise, the bolt hitting and depleting its shield in one go, but moments after your shot a Quartet of Grav Drones follow the Prongs out... Wait, since when did colonial powers have the tech to deploy drones?


Areku - Frog

Moving around the building you deploy smoke to give you all some cover, before hopping into it yourself. You keep an eye out for any approaching hostiles to wreck, but none show themselves so you don't get the chance to lay into anyone.


---- Enemies ----

Restada [T9?]
- Shield Up (Cracked)
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [X1?]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Sostenir [P10?]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Kriego #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Kriego #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Prong #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Prong #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Unknown Grav Drones [J17 / K17]
- All Undamaged


Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Strongly consider..."

> Flamer and 15 low FAE rockets on L18. Send 2 more low FAE rockets to J16 to knock out their APS. Follow it up on J16 with a low Deora, and then a Lasair on the healthiest prong.

"Dying."


Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.025s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]