View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 am



Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"[RIBBITS AFFIRMATIVELY]"

>1S, turn W, 3W, turn N, 2N, turn W, melee barricade with 5 Movement, stomp barricade if it remains leaving at least 2 Movement points left, 2W.

>If at any point my path intersects with an enemy vehicle, stop and use all remaining movement points on a melee attack, then on a stomp, prioritizing targets with shields.

>When done, having attacked or not, drop smoke on myself.


Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Turn CW, jump jet to high altitude, move E over the train. Fire on any armored targets located with the SABRE and infantry with the electrolasers (that is, reaction fire W).


Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:21 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1531
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Updated/New Units encountered:

Powered Armour
"A few plates of composite armour and some simple hydraulics give the illusion of surivability to the poor sod encased within, and to add insult to injury they're not much better armed than a normal Trooper."
Health: 40
Armament:
- 40mm Cannon [APHE] [40pen/40damage]
- AP Plasrifle [1pen/5damage/10heat]

Vinbero
"A rather lightwieght APC, capable of increasing the mobility of infantry, but severely lacking in firepower and protection."
Tank
- [Drift Chassis] - [If unit has moved at least 2 tiles forwards in a straight line, it may perform a "Drift" where it moves forwards and then turns at a cost of 1 mobility] [only usable if not carrying any infantry]
- [Transport Capability] - [Can carry up to 12 Troopers, 4 powered Armour or 2 Powersuits]
Chassis
Internals: 145/145
Mobility: 6
Armour
- 45(F) 36(S) (30) Thickness
- 300 Durability
Hardshield
- 16 Thickness
- 96/96 Durability
Weapons
8mm Machinegun (Turreted)
30mm Autocannon (Turreted)
- SKEP [45pen, 15damage]

Juggler
"Originally a police issue riot control walker, the military version swaps out tear gas canisters for HEAT grenades, potentially useful as a light fire support vehicle, but a deathtrap in a head on fight."
Walker
Chassis
Internals: 190/190
Mobility: 5
Armour
- 48 (40) Thickness
- 400 Durability
Hardshield
- 20 Thickness
- 120/120 Durability
Weapons
30mm Canister-shot (coaxial)
50mm Grenade Launcher (behaves like a 3 shot Howitzer)
- HEAT [60pen, 20damage]
50mm Grenade Launcher (behaves like a 3 shot Howitzer)
- HEAT [60pen, 20damage]

Prong
"The bane of light vehicles, the Prong is known for its solid mobility and ability to utterly shred lightly armoured targets."
Walker
- [Stabilized Hull]
Chassis
Internals:
340/340
Mobility: 6
Armour
- 84 (70) Thickness
- 700 Durability
Hardshield
- 30 Thickness
- 180/180 Durability
Systems
12MW Generator
Single Kinetic Turret APS
Weapons
8mm Machinegun (coaxial)
60mm Railgun
- Penetrator [114pen, 42damage]
36mm Rail Repeater
- Cluster [Five, 21.6pen, 10.8damage shots]


Image
Orbital scans of this district show there to be stacks of shipping containers, mainly to the west, a large fuel storage tank to the north, military garrisons to the south east and north west, the northwestern one housing an Anti-Orbital gun.
Objectives in this district:
- Destroy Anti-Orbital Weapons Emplacement.
- Leave District through Eastern Exit. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Giving a shout to Frog "Hey Frog, can I get an escort over to the southwest corner? I can probably pop that gun from there." which he promptly agrees to and rushed ahead to clear a path, you follow behind as best you can, keeping an eye on your spotter drone, but seeing nothing on it yet.


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Rolling up you look around for anyone to burn, no-one showing up you let out a burst of flame at the nearby train.
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20:100 - 90 80 8 1
Much to your displeasure the flames don't stick to it let alone do any appreciable damage, and just roll off the armoured cabin.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Turning yourself around you punch your Jump Jets and at the peak of your ascent you trigger your Turbines, you come to a stop with a commanding view ovver most of the district, yeah that's more like it. Scanning to the West you spot a Walker and some Troopers, centering your aim on the walker you squeeze the trigger.
[70mm SABRE Chaingun] 80+50+10:100 - 89 65 15 11 4 24 100 60 72 26
Your fire hits the walker dead on, popping its shield in no time before riddling it with holes, the only identifiable remnant being some twisted hydralics. The big one taken care of, you switch targets to your Electrolasers and unload on the infantry.
[Quintuple AP Electrolasers] 80+50+10-20:100 - 45 97 84 13 91 53 24 56 71 56 60 15 91 24 26 59 88 66 30 81 34 60 16 58 59 33 95 12 22 95 60 59 55 51 77 5 11 65 26 14 98 93 74 52 22 97 99 39 58 29
And after your Electrolasers finish cycling, there's nothing left of them but charred scorch marks on the ground. Taking a moment ot check the rest of the district you spot a not inconsiderable number of hostiles, and as nice as it is to have the high ground it might be a good idea to drop back to the ground.

[note: jumping up with your jumpjets doesn't cost mobility, it's the landing that has the mobility cost associated]


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Moving away from the train you start creeping forwards eyes out for anything to fire on, but nothing shows up even as you come to a halt not far behind Crispr as he tries to burn the nearby train.


DSMK2 - STOP


Joining Thunder as he moves behind the trains you take up position behind him and scan for hostiles, but your sight-lines are clear, for now.


maart3n - Shockwave

Striding ahead you drop down to a kneel, and ready the Anthill for any hostiles, but they don't play nice, and stay hidden from your view.


Areku - Frog

Grunting affirmatively to Thunder, you start rushing around the back of the trains, rounding the corner you swing your armature out and smash the barricade to pieces as you pass, finishing up by dropping some smoke to conceal yourself.


---- Enemies ----

Juggler #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged

Prong #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged

Prong #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged

Vinbero #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged

Vinbero #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Up
- Armour Unamaged


Last edited by Amazigh on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.



Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> 2N tW 5W tN


Last edited by DSMK2 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Nice, Kettlehead. Area's mostly clear. Nothing on the west side unless it's in the blast radius of that gun. I'll peg it in a moment, everyone get ready to move."
> 2N, Turn W, 4W.


Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> tW WW tN S, using the train engine as cover from the west. Low Deora the APC, then fire my incendiary cannon to observe its effects. Use my flamers on any remaining infantry.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.



Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Hug the East wall of my current tile. Reaction fire any enemies that come into view (Face North)


Last edited by Eigla on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"I'm surprised it's so quiet."

>Flick a missile at the NE Juggler. Turn CCW, 3W, see if I can get a look inside the orbital gun stronghold.


Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Move 2xE, turn to N, move 15N

>If any enemy tanks are within 1 tile of my route, move to their tile, then do a punch and kick, using up all mobility except 1. If enemy is still operational after attack, reverse 1 tile back into route.

>Lay down smoke at my ending position.


Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1545
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Sidestep 2E, move 1S, Full power sonic blast directly East. 3 area attacks on the walker supported squad north with the micro missile pod.

"Open your mouths a little guys, don't want to rattle your teeth out."


Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:10 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1531
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Updated/New Units encountered:

Restada
"A Light tank mounting a Plasma weapon and light shielding, a somewhat questionable design, but someone high up in ANS command is fighting to keep it in service."
Tank
Chassis
Internals: 188/188
Mobility: 6
Armour
- 72(F) 57.6(S) (48) Thickness
- 480 Durability
Hardshield
- 16 Thickness
- 96/96 Durability
Systems
8MW Generator
Weapons
8mm Machinegun (Hull Mounted)
8MW Plasgun (Stabilised) [16pen, 48damage, 48thermal]

Sumat
"One of many versions of the standard Main Battle Tank concept encountered in the colonies, although somewhat lightweight it's notable as being a solid dependable design, but nothing that breaks the mold."
Tank
Chassis
Internals: 210/210
Mobility: 4
Armour
- 126(F) 100.8(S) (84) Thickness
- 840 Durability
Systems
Discharger APS [6]
Weapons
AP Beam Laser (Turreted)
100mm Cannon (Turreted, Stabilised)
- APHE [100pen, 100damage]


Image
Orbital scans of this district show there to be stacks of shipping containers, mainly to the west, a large fuel storage tank to the north, military garrisons to the south east and north west, the northwestern one housing an Anti-Orbital gun.
Objectives in this district:
- Destroy Anti-Orbital Weapons Emplacement.
- Leave District through Eastern Exit. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

"Nice, Kettlehead. Area's mostly clear. Nothing on the west side unless it's in the blast radius of that gun. I'll peg it in a moment, everyone get ready to move." Calling out a warning to your allies, you keep moving to get into position, plowing through Frogs smoke cloud as you go.


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Moving round to take up a position by the next train over you center your reticule on the APC and launch some Deora at it.
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20-35:65 - 85
[Scatter] 6(S)

Your shots land short barely missing your target, tch shoulda had the damn thing stabilised. Ignoring the miss you decide experiments can wait and fire your Dorn Lasair at the APC.
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20-5:95 - 72
It lands a direct hit, shattering the things flimsy shield before detonating and engulfing the APC and surrounding infantry in flames. Seeing the other infantry still standing you adjust and unleash your Heavy Flamethrower on them.
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20:100 - 63 37 10 86
The flames engulf the Troopers, they writhe in agony for a few moments before the sheer heat of the flames overcomes them and they drop to the floor, burning lumps of meat.

[Scatter is rolled on a D8, starts with 1 being north-west and cycles around clockwise]
[The Dorn Lasair will roll on a D9, with 9 being a hit to the same tile with just the AoE]
[When a weapon scatters more than once, any later rolls will treat any result that'd have it return to the original target tile as scattering to the same spot.]



TheKebbit - Kettlehead

"I'm surprised it's so quiet." Wondering aloud about how the locals seem rather sedate, for people in the middle of an invasion you turn and launch a missile at the Juggler to the north east.
[Backstop] 80+50+10:100 - 50
It streaks out, bursting into a cloud of vapour before detonating, the target shill has shields up after the impact but the troopers are definitely dealt with. Moving to get a view into the Compound to the north you spot a few tanks, one light and a pair of MBTs, you forget the local names but you doubt they're anything special. They proceed to power out of the base tracking their guns left and right for a target, maybe they didn't think to look up?

[Will Land at start of next turn]


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Repositioning over next to the train, you keep an eye north, but nothing shows its face, what with the others dishing out a real beating.


DSMK2 - STOP

Continuing to follow along with Thunder you move up and take a position just in front of him, keeping an eye out for any hostiles, but there are none to be seen.


maart3n - Shockwave

Walking around the Train you brace yourself as you charge up the Marú Anála. "Open your mouths a little guys, don't want to rattle your teeth out." And with a Thump that you feel deep in your chest you fire it. The barriacades directly in front of you are completely pulverised by the blast, and the Garrison wall doesn't really look all that well off but still somewhat intact. Turning your attention north you fire your anthill at the enemies to your north.
[Anthill] 80-35:45 - 24 20 36
Combined with Kettleheads missile, your shots annhiliate the Troopers, but the juggler remains intact, with its shields still up. At which it turns and fires a barrage of grenades at you.
[50mm Grenades] 80-20:60 - 85 13 38 25 96 59
[Discharger APS] 100/80/60/40 - 30 91 60 41

Your Discharger goes off, taking down a couple of them, but two make it through and detonate on your shield, doing rather minimal damage to it. You then take ag lance back at the garrison wall for it to suddenly collapse, revealing all the of the Garrisons occupants, with shields depleted and so thoroughly shaken by the blast they don't seem to notice you.


Areku - Frog

Leaving your smoke and sprinting up the length of the district you keep your eyes on the swivel, checking for enemies as you go, but all you catch a glimpse of are some startled troopers as you rush past the garrison gate, coming to a stop at the district wall you pop some more smoke to keep yourself out of sight.


---- Enemies ----

Juggler #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Prong #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Prong #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Vinbero #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged(Heat)

Vinbero #2
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Sumat #1
- Armour Undamaged

Sumat #2
- Armour Undamaged

Restada #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged


Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Low Deora the Vinebro. This time, with feeling.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Boom."
> 1W and past the freight so I have a clear shot, then 99 energy Overcharge shot with Penetrator ammo at the orbital gun.
Then 4E, Turn N, 1N.


Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1545
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Turn E, Move 3E, Bring sonic death to the East, Saturation launch 2 on the norther Vinbero and 1 on the southern, turn N, move N, kick the prong.
"This! Is! .........what planet are we on again guys?"


Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> tE 4E tN 1N Shoot Sumat #2 with plasgun tW 1W
"Awww baby!"


Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.036s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]