View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:27 pm



Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Shields down, start dumping energy into shields.
"How far are we from extraction, Mylan? Our supplies are running thin."


Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Quietly mull over what's coming next. Reaction fire/turn any enemy units that come into view.


Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13137
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Chill


Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Switch off my shields to recharge as much as I can before arrival. Then reboot them.


Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Scan the landscape for hostiles as we go. We’ve been ambushed like this before, and losing control of the gates compounds the issue.


Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1531
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
As you get close to the gate you hear a roar of massive engines, and looking skywards see a Hauler lifting off, as it gets maybe a couple hundred meters up suddenly four cannon shells impact it from below, it keeps rising seemingly unaffected, then a second volley slams home and it shudders and rocks from the impact, plating mangled and it's ascent grinding to a halt.
A third volley then hits and it starts falling, an engine pod shearing off and streaking through the air before slamming to the ground a mere dozen meters behind you all. Before you can even start to react the ground shakes as it crashes down, erupting in a fireball that can be seen even beyond the district walls.
That... that wasn't our ticket out of here... right? Mylan stutters before starting to fiddle with something on a handheld terminal, but before he can do whatever he was tyrying to do the radio crackles to life.
Contingent Four You guys receiving?
This is Screen from Contingent Three, that fireball you just saw was One and Two.
They got to their Hauler and took off without checking for Triple-A, bunch of Fivers showed them how stupid that was.
We're holed up near the Hauler, but we've taken a real beating and our ammo has run all but dry, the most we can do is hold this position.
There are four Fivers active in the district, we've got a rough location on all of them, but nothing precise.
You need to take those guns out so we can leave as soon as possible, or we're all dead ♥♥♥♥ meat.



[Mylan will open the gate at the start of the next turn, you may action as if the gate is already open]


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Dropping shields and starting to feed energy into your shields you switch to a rear camera feed and ask Mylan a question.
"How far are we from extraction, Mylan? Our supplies are running thin."
Mylan pauses in the middle of doing something with his rigging to reply while gesturing to the front "This is it Thunder, spaceport through that gate ahead." He then continues with what he was doing and... that's blood. Somehow noticing your gaze he mutters "Caught some shrapnel between the plates" Mylan pauses to jab an injector into the wound "Just a flesh wound, i've had worse."


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Bringing up the footage of the burning troopers ready to play it you open a channel to Mylan "Operative Mylan, would you care to help me review this footage?" Mylan turns to face you and replies in a monotone "Ah, Crispr... I've read your file, so i'll pass on that."
Frowning, you start watching the feed, on your own. What's wrong with my file? and how'd this spook get to go and read it anyway. You try to enjoy the footage, but Mylans comment sours the experience and you turn it off part way there and sit in silence the rest of the way.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Switching your shields to recharge you sit back, and taking a swig of water from your flask do your best to relax as you continue on.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Sitting back for the travel you look at Mylan as he's talking to Thunder and his gear seems pretty impressive, armoured rigging, a gun that you cannot identify for the life of you clearly some heavily modified custom job, heavy duty optical unit with a good half dozen lenses and a beast of a pistol on his hip that you'd bet your life is a Granzis. But, there's an oddity.
His strength boosting harness but only covers his left arm. Which seems wrong, especially given how he's holding his gun right handed. You spend a while trying to figure it out until he turns to look at Crispr and it suddenly clicks, his right arm is longer than his left, by a notable margin.
His legs and right arm must be cybernetics, that's really high end stuff.


DSMK2 - STOP

Grumbling to yourself you stay alert for any hostiles opening the gate ahead of you, they better not have anything new ahead of you things are dicey enough as it is.


Areku - Frog

You scan the link road to see if there are any traps laid for you, but as far as you can tell, there is noting out of the ordinary, just an empty stretch of walled in road. At least your rear is secure, that gate isn't opening any time soon with its mechanism spitting out that much smoke.


Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Rush ahead, grumpy over what Mylan said. NNNNN tW, butt to the building. Lasair and Flamethrower liberally. Deora J-8.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.



Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Roger, Screen. We're low on smoke but not too beat up and still heavily armed.
Know what else is in the district besides the Fivers?"

> Shields up, drone out. N to Z13, fire on any vehicles I see to the west, prioritizing the Fiver. If there's any enemies left at the end, 1S back to cover.


Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Sightline to the west extends for 25 blocks. Requesting smoke cover."


Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Reaction Turn + Fire enemy vehicles 1N tW 4W tN


Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13137
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Let STOP lead the way -

Move North 1

Turn West

Move West 4

Drones to fire on all targets within their firing arcs (mostly my right-side drones)

Turn North

Fire on all visible enemies with appropriate weaponry


Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3939
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
my shields weren't reactivated on arrival, was that meant to happen?

also what happens if Mylan gets hit while riding on a vehicle? is he chunky salsa?

>Letting Crispr lead, turn CCW, move 4N, and open fire SW with the SABRE on armored targets and the electrolasers on foot traffic. Focus on the Fiver if I can detect it. Reaction fire with the Backstop on targets of opportunity N of Crispr's position.


Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Move 7N
>Sidestep 1W
>Move 1N
>Smoke self

If at any point I pass within 1 tile of an enemy mech, use all movement I can spare to combo punchkick them, then return to predetermined path.


Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1531
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
(1:19:49 AM) HKU: or idk, put it wherever, I doubt we're gonna get shot right out the gate


Thunder sends out a reply to Screen "Roger, Screen. We're low on smoke but not too beat up and still heavily armed. Know what else is in the district besides the Fivers?" who promptly replies We came in through the North west and saw a whole mess of armour, pretty much everything short of the kitchen sink in here with us would be my guess, they definitely have a bunch of Tanks sat just outside where we're holed up, but you can expect hostiles spread all across the district. he pauses for a moment before coming back on the line Oh almost forgot, my squadmate Awe has enough ammo left to flatten one Fiver, so if you can get eyes on, he can deal with one for you if needed.

Checking the area ahead Crispr calls out something he noticed "Sightline to the west extends for 25 blocks. Requesting smoke cover."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Launching your drone you push up behind Crispr and coming to a stop with sight down the garrison you spot a Stultulo and give it a shot from your Railgiun.
[180mm Railgun] 80+50-10-5:100 - 60
It's shield drops from the shot, and not wanting to take any return fire you pull back into something resembling cover. Taking a moment to check your drones feed you look at the Fiver and see that it's... huh, didn't know they could do that, It's extended bracing legs from somewhere and has its gun elevated quite high, with how it's not even starting to lower its gun you guess they'll not exactly be much of a threat to you when deployed like that.


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Sparing a glance at Mylan you frown as you power ahead out of the gate and instantly take fire from the West.
[90mm Howitzer] 80-25+10-5-20:40 - 54
[80mm Rockets] 80-25+10-5-3-20:37 - 31 85 77 53 27 49 84 93
[Kinetic Turret APS] 100 - 29

Your APS knocks out one of the on target Rockets, but another gets through and does rather minimal damage, you keep going on, skidding to a halt next to a Nus you spot a Stultulo, and before it can even think of tracking to face you, you open up on it.
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20-10:90 - 47 51 97 23
[Scatter] 1 (NW)
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20-10:90 - 98
[Scatter] 8 (W)
Your flamethrower douses the Stultulo and Powersuits in fire, but your Dorn Lasair shot goes wide and slams into the ground behind it, but thankfully Thunder and Kettlehead finish the job for you, only for the Western Nus to traverse away from Frogs smoke and fire on you.
[80mm Autocannon] 80-5-20:55 - 83 15 71 74
Only one of its shots hit, and it does an almost embarassingly minimal amount of damage to your Glacis plating.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Letting Crispr take the lead you follow behind him as he advances, and rounding the corner you see an artillery Walker that Thunder drops the shieldign on, so levelling off you open up with your SABRE.
[70mm SABRE Chaingun] 80+50-10:100 - 49 40 17 81 89 98 45 29 66 10
The burst of shells tears it apart, an ammo explosion splitting the chassis into a shower of shrapnel. Looking down at the splitered remains of its legs you spot two Powersuits, and set your Electrolasers to task.
[Quintuple AP Electrolasers] 80+50-10:100 - 1 7 56 46 51 14 44 34 6 95 63 12 67 43 39 63 72 76 42 3 4 98 68 52 31 38 65 8 96 44 45 74 17 99 56 60 97 57 74 92 22 16 3 63 52 98 82 18 73 87
They all but disintegrate under the Fusillade leaving the western arc clear, and noting the pings of the Agravs that fired on Frog you launch a Backstop missile their way.
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50-10:100 - 36
You doubt it did all that much to them, but it's the pressure that counts, we really need to just get done and out of here.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Letting STOP lead the way you watch as he turns the corner on a jet of plasma, and following behind you rush past the Stultulo and have your Drones fire on it.
[8MW Particle Lance] 80+10-10:80 - 64
[30mm Rail Repeaters] 80+10-10:80 - 26 51 85 15 3 96
[40mm Railgun] 80+10-10:80 - 56 38 21 87 44

Swinging to the north you scan for enemies but you come up empty, then noticing some infantry near the Stultulo you traverse your 8mm and sweep it across them.
[8mm Machinegun] 80+10-10:80 - 44 45 66 1 16 100 77 46 15 18
They are mown down by your fire, you've really got to wonder why on earth the locals still use unpowered infantry, so much heavy metal in the modern battlefield after all. The Stultulo staggered by the fire from your powersuits stumbles into cover rather than fire on you, another strange choice if you're honest.


DSMK2 - STOP

Grasping your controls you toggle on your Reaction Turn systems and pull out past the gate only to have it activate almost immediately.
[Reaction Turn 20MW Plasgun]80+40-25:95 - 30
As you reorient yourself you see a Stultulo that's just had its shield blown open by your Plasgun and you power on past it, getting ready to flank the Fivers location.


Areku - Frog

As soon as the gate drops you charge forwards alongside Crispr and reaching a Turret you give it a strike with your armature that brings your shield back online, and then follow up with a stomp that bursts its shield and proceeds to mangle its armour. Stepping off of the turret you keep going only for the other Turret and a pair of Agravs ahead to fire on you.
[80mm Autocannon] 80-10-10:60 - 68 70 35 5
[12MW Particle Lances] 80-25-10+20:65 - 6 50

The Autocannon shreds your recently re-enabled shield, and then the Particle Lances tear into your armour, but shrugging it off you keep going and drop smoke to conceal yourself.


---- Enemies ----

Fiver [X13]
- Armour Undamaged

Nus [X12]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Nus [Z12]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Bramble #1
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Bramble #2
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Stultulo [X15]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged


Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> 3 FAE rockets, EMP, Lasair, Flamers, then Deora on western Nus [X12]. W tN NNN.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.



Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.032s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]