View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Lots of infantry around for you, Kettlehead. Go north around the corner and give them hell.
Also let's try not to waste too much time on turrets. Unless they have mortars or a line of sight, they can't really chase us. Some smoke is plenty to deal with them."

> Once/if the infantry are lessened, 1W, Turn N, 2N. Fire on any infantry with burst laser, railgun any vehicles I see to the north.
If I'm in the clear, or the only vehicle I see is the Fiver, 1N and set reaction fire.
If not, Turn W, 1E.


Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12926
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Move 1 North
Turn West, Move 1 West,
Turn North, Move 2 North

Drones open fire on power armor

Turn West

Cannon fire on Vinebro 1, transition to 2 and then 3 if targets somehow die.

Machinegun on power armor.


Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5191
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>1E, turn N, 5N, sidestep 1E, 1N to hide behind the building with the trucks

>Smoke self!


Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3934
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Pop S around the corner, fire at the Vinberos with the Backstop, fire at the PA units with 4/5 of the electrolasers. Then NN, fire on the infantry group with the last electrolaser yet to discharge. NWW to end up on W7. Reaction fire W with the SABRE at any armor that comes around the corner.


Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:58 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1526
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Calling out over the squad comms, Thunder does his best to try and organise the team. "Lots of infantry around for you, Kettlehead. Go north around the corner and give them hell.
Also let's try not to waste too much time on turrets. Unless they have mortars or a line of sight, they can't really chase us. Some smoke is plenty to deal with them."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

After letting the others take care of most of the infantry you start moving ahead, only to catch the attention of a pair of Powered Armours.
[40mm Cannons] 80-25:55 - 18 49
Their shells slam into your shield, and you decide to return the favour.
[AP Pulse Laser] 80+50-10:100 - 35 16 53 58 89 21 13 73 18 9
Your Laser tears apart one of them, but the other is still standing, only for there to be a mighty crack, and the other drops with a hole punched through its faceplate. Switching to external cameras you see Mylan cycling a bolt on the side of his weapon, ejecting and then reloading a rather impressive looking shell. "Only got four more Suit-Killers, i'll try to make em count."


CrazyMLC - Crispr
[EMP Cooldown - 1]

Checking to ensure to location of the infantry you pull out past the containers and are completely unsuprised as they fire at you.
[50mm Rockets] 80-20-25-5:30 - 59 76 21 70 62 67 90 99
[Slat Armour] 50 - 25

Only one rocket scores a hit, and even then proceeds to shatter on impact with your Slat armour, you proceed to reward the infantry for their bravery with a gout of flames.
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20-5:95 - 13
They burn just as well as you'd expect, and turning your attention forwards you track and scan ahead for those bastard Brambles or any other hostiles, but nothing shows itself for you to fire on.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

After waiting for someone else to take any fire you swing south, just enough to get a bead on the APCs and you loose a missile at them.
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50+10-25:100 - 100
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 100-5:95 - 70

Combined, your two missiles drop their shields, leaving them open for Baroque. Switching targets you ready your Electrolasers for a volley.
[Quintuple AP Electrolasers] 80+50+10-25:100 - 13 29 4 42 96 78 44 56 24 56 59 56 38 69 45 15 70 32 1 86 47 75 80 16 98 37 16 21 94 95 91 64 52 2 92 81 66 24 59 24
Several of them are torn apart by your fire, combined with that of STOP and Baroque, leaves only one of them still standing. Leaving that area be for now you pull to the north and scan ready to open up on any hostiles trying to flank, but your screen stays thankfully empty.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Driving onwards to pull out around the corner you have your Powersuit Drone fire on the Power Armour.
[8MW Particle Lance] 80+10-40:50 - 27
[40mm Railgun] 80+10-40:50 - 40 56 58 75 100

It scores a few hits, and combined with the fire from the others takes out a solid chunk of them. Traversing your gun to target the Vinberos you start firing at them.
[size=85[150mm Autocannon] 80+50+10-10:100 - 61 91 59 66[/size]
With you carefully measuring your shots and Kettlehead dropping their shields you manage to destroy two, leaving only one of them left active. Switching focus back to the Powered Armour you fire a burst with your Machinegun as well.
[size=85[8mm Machinegun] 80+50+10-40:100 - 88 8 16 48 63 100 97 47 85 35[/size]
It scores solid hits, Leaving only one of them left standing. At this point you realise that you've left yourself in the open, and the hostiles proceed to make full advantage of that and lay a barrage of fire at you.
[76mm Autocannons] 80+20-5:95 - 87 74 33 96 83 49 22 13
[Sloped Glacis] 56 - 67 8 47 45 68 27 73
[30mm Autocannons] 80-25-5:50 - 68 48 95 35
[Sloped Glacis] 81 - 95 5
[40mm Cannon] 80-10:70 - 2
[Sloped Glacis] 83 - 32

Your Sloped glacis comes into its own, with a majority of the rounds coming your way simply bouncing off doing no real damage, but still some manage to gouge reasonably small chunks from your plating, after firing the Vinberos and lone Powered Armour make a hasty retreat into cover after firing on you, but the Ramats stay out in the open, likely keeping an eye on you.


DSMK2 - STOP


After briefly checking your Reaction turn systems and setting them to active you navigate through the compound you pull out around the corner on a jet of flame, Plasgun and AP Laser blazing.
[20MW Plasgun] 80+40-24-40+10:66 - 69
[AP Laser] 80+40-40+10:90 - 50 97 52 72 38 89 73 10 45 82

The Plasgun bolt goes wide, but your AP Laser tears into one of the Powered Armour troops, just as a barrage of fire comes your way.
[76mm Autocannons] 80+20-25-5-10:40 - 10 62 75 43 7 53 24 5
[30mm Autocannons] 80-25-25-5-50:5 - 69 38 98 33 35 49 67 86 65 2 10 19
[40mm Cannons] 80-25-10:45 - 54 52 53 57 26 17 48 10

Their fire drops your shield, but thankfully does little to your armour, if nothing else it warns you that there are a pair of Ramats in the distance. After pausing only long enough to catch their fire on your frontal armour you turn and power into cover behind the containers.


Areku - Frog

Backing away from the ruined Turret, you rush ahead, starting on a move to cover the far eastern flank dropping smoke as you reach your target despite your rather sheltered position, no need to be stingy with the stuff this close to escape after all.


---- Enemies ----

Bramble #1
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Bramble #2
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Restada #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Restada #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Restada #3
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Fiver [U3]
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged


Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> N tW WW tN (V5N). Flamer, Low Deora, then Lasair the two Restada (V2).


Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1101
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
3N tW 1E tN 2N into the smoke.


Last edited by DSMK2 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.



Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12926
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Open fire on Ramat 1. Switch to 2 if 1 dies.

Turn North

Drones to fire on Ramat 1 if it's still alive, else 2

Move 4 North

Turn West

Move 1 West


Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5191
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>1N, turn W, 4W, turn N, 2N, sidestep 1W

>Bonk the Fiver

>Smoke self


Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> 2N, Shoot the Bramble, or damaged Restada if it's already dead. Set laser to reaction fire on infantry or the Bramble. With its shield down, the laser could actually DO something to it
After shooting, position myself on the W edge of the tile so I'm not gonna get shot from the south. Go 1S if I have to to make it fit.


Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3934
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
I don't understand DS' action... his movement sequence doesn't land on smoke and couldn't he be doing something useful like firing?

>NWNNNW to end on W5 facing W. Fire on the Fiver with the SABRE, fire the Backstop as many times as possible at the Bramble. Reaction fire NW with electrolasers on infantry should any poke out their ugly heads, I guess.

How many times can I fire the Backstop in one turn?


Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:55 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1526
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Shortly after Frog destroys the Fiver your radio crackles to life "Screen here, hostiles pushing on our position!" You see your tactical feed show icons representing a pair of Ponies and a trio of Restatas, which all but instantly flickers and drops to one and two of each respectively. "Just keep on taking out those Fivers, we should be fine to handle this."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Hearing Crispr distract their attention, you peek around the corner and deliver a shot from your Railgun into the Bramble.
[180mm Railgun] 80+50-5-5:100 - 75 25 53 10 95
The round slams into its shield which visibly distorts from the impact as it is cracked, but it remains intact and online. With you not seeing any infantry in the area you just fire your AP Pulse Laser at the Bramble as well for good measure.
[AP Pulse Laser] 80+50-10:100 - 43
It's sadly not enough to finish of the shield, but if nothing it should help keep them distracted as you pull back behind the containers to keep yourself covered.


CrazyMLC - Crispr

Driving up and pulling around the buildings, you catch a massed volley of fire from the assembled vehicles.
[12MW Particle Lances] 80+20-20-25:55 - 13 56
[30mm Chainguns] 80+20-20-25:55 - 24 46 37 32 45 17 12 16 40 84 71 87 56 73 92 100 88 75 59 85
[150mm Missiles] 80+20-20-25:55 - 15 33
[8MW Plasguns] 80-20-25:35 - 53 89
[50mm Rockets] 80+20-20-9-25:46 - 20 29 2 8 41 68 73 63 47 47 97 71 63 88 89 84 47 100 57 92
[Kinetic Turret APS] 100 - 88
[Discharger APS] 100/80/60/40/20 - 20 49 13 92 98 4
[Slat Armour] 50 - 27 85

The fire bites into your armour, but your APS combined with their rather shoddy aim keeps the worst from hitting you at least. Tuning out their fire for now, you center aim and unleash hell on the two Restadas.
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20-5:95 - 93 36 13 69
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20-35:65 - 47
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20-5:95 - 17

Your flamethrower overwhelms their shielding, just as your gas lands and reacts with your Dorn Lasair, after the explosion clears you grin as you see the two vehicles are shattered wrecks, flames licking across their splintered hulls. Before you get much of a chance to marvel in the destruction you realise that they're firing on you again.
[12MW Particle Lances] 80+20-20:80 - 37
[12MW Particle Lances] 80+20-20-50:30 - 80
[8MW Plasguns] 80-20:55 - 41 49
[50mm Rockets] 80+20-20-9:71 - 11 57 58 70 4 59 85 73 100 92
[50mm Rockets] 80+20-20-9-50:21 - 13 23 83 27 60 79 36 33 13 44
[Discharger APS] 100/80/60/40/20 - 4 84 53 12 95 48 61 85
[Slat Armour] 50 - 77 52 14 47 77

Their combined volley of fire doesn't manage to do too much damage, but your armour is getting awfully hot, not going to want to take much fire with it in this state.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Flying up you creep to the corner, making sure to expose as little of yourself to the enemies clustered around the Target while you get a bead on it, only to find it already demolished by Frog... Guess it saves you the ammo, so instead you just launch a missile at the Agrav.
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50+10-50:90 - 16
It impacts, further damaging its shield, but it's still holding on unfortunately, scanning the area for infantry you see there aren't any, so your Electrolasers stay quiet for now.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Locking your aim onto the closer Ramat, you start firing.
[150mm Autocannon] 80+50:100 - 69 38 85 42
Your first shell obliterates it's shields, and the following three proceed to tear into its armour, but it manages to hold up to your fire. Turning to start moving away you have your Powersuit fire on it as well.
[8MW Particle Lance] 80+10:90 - 3
[40mm Railgun] 80+10:90 - 4 87 75 54 88

The fire tears into its armour some more, and then quickly before it can fire you start heading north, towards the others.


DSMK2 - STOP

Moving up north you avoid getting into view of any of the hostiles ad park yourself in one of Frogs smoke clouds, not gonna want to be taking much fire now your shield is out of action.


Areku - Frog

You rush up towards the Target weaving through the buildings, before reaching it, rearing up, and driving your foot straight through it's rear hull. As you pull your foot out something gives in what must have been the engine and the tank bursts into flames. Looking around to see a few more enemies than you'd been expecting you quickly drop smoke to cover yourself.
[150mm Missiles] 80+20:100 - 43 63
[Twin Laser Turret APS] 60-20:40 - 3 85

Before you know what is happening your APS triggers, firing at something coming at your smoke cloud, but it seems they failed to stop all the fire, and a heavy missile slams down, all but clearing the smoke you just deployed, that could have been unpleasant.


---- Enemies ----

Bramble #1
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Bramble #2
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Restada #1
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [U1]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [W1]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Pony [J5]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Restada [K7]
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Restada [L7]
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged


Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1101
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> 1S tW 7W


Last edited by DSMK2 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.



Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:50 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Crispr, Kettlehead, unload on this group, then back South. We can't waste too much time on these guys, there's Fivers to kill and more enemies on the way.

Hey Mylan, got anything left aside from those powersuit killers?"

> 50 energy Overcharge shot at Bramble #2.
6S. Hide behind the building for cover from the west. Reactive fire with burst laser on any infantry.


Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> EMP and Flamer Bramble #2 (V1). If it doesn't die this turn, target it, otherwise Deora and then Lasair the Restada (U2). N tW WW tN S (T5N).

"Consider leaving behind the Slingers; they are slow, pathetic machines. The only threat they pose is to our time."


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.031s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]